Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Connection query...

Options
  • 21-02-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Driving over to germany with the girlfriend in april and im just looking into booking flights back now at the moment. The cheapest way its working out for me at the moment is to fly from Dusseldorf to London Stanstead through Airberlin and then going from London Stanstead to Cork With Ryanair.

The only thing is before I book my flights I wanted to get a second opinion on the times. Ive not gotten a flight connection from two different airlines before and I didnt know if i was cutting it too close.

At the moment my flights look like this:

Dusseldorf - London(Air Berlin): 18.50 - 19.10
    London - Cork(Ryanair): 21.20 - 22.45.

Do you guys think i should be ok with the 2 hours in between flights or not?

If ye would have any different flight recommendations that'd be cool too. I can fly from either dusseldorf, cologne or brussels and I dont mind bus and rail connections as long as i can get back to Cork cheap enough, Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you should be fine, 2hr 10mins is plenty enough connection time unless the plane is badly delayed in germany

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Aer Lingus fly to Dusseldorf and Aer Arann to Cork?

Aer Lingus and Aer Araan have some deal with internal flights so maybe they could give you both flights on the 1 ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Trampas wrote: »
    Aer Lingus fly to Dusseldorf and Aer Arann to Cork?

Aer Lingus and Aer Araan have some deal with internal flights so maybe they could give you both flights on the 1 ticket?
    What? Sorry, I dont follow. Im looking for flights coming back home from germany. Were driving over there, I just need to get a way back.

Edit - Did you mean fly from dusseldorf to dublin with aer lingus and get a connecting flight with aer arann to cork? If so then it was a good idea but it still ends up being more expensive.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you should be fine, 2hr 10mins is plenty enough connection time unless the plane is badly delayed in germany
    Cool, and what way will i go about getting the connection as im going through two different airlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Patricide wrote: »
    Cool, and what way will i go about getting the connection as im going through two different airlines?

you will have to go back through again, Stanstead is a small enough airport with one terminal so it doesn't take that long, 15-20 mins tops from getting off the aircraft, going through baggage claim to getting back inside through security and at the gate, i have done it on numerous occasions, best restaurants and shops are inside after security

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Patricide wrote: »
    What? Sorry, I dont follow. Im looking for flights coming back home from germany. Were driving over there, I just need to get a way back.

Edit - Did you mean fly from dusseldorf to dublin with aer lingus and get a connecting flight with aer arann to cork? If so then it was a good idea but it still ends up being more expensive.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Aer Lingus fly to Dublin and Dublin to cork on Aer Arann.

No idea on price but 2 hours should be enough.

Can you go from a different airport to get to cork in one flight?

Trampas wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't clear. Aer Lingus fly to Dublin and Dublin to cork on Aer Arann.

No idea on price but 2 hours should be enough.

Can you go from a different airport to get to cork in one flight?
    Nope, have to get connecting flights. Its a pain in the backside. Apparently up until a few months ago there used to be a ryanair flight going from dusseldorf weeze to kerry/or it might have been cork but no longer :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

You could try train from Dusseldorf to Schipol Airport (2 hrs 30 mins ish) and then direct flight to Cork, Aer Lingus

Train is €55 if bought on the day but may be cheaper bought in advance on line.

Train is very comfortable too.

Advertisement