Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scor na nOg 2010 all ireland

Options
  • 21-02-2010 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

im sure, like myself, anyone who attented the all ireland scor final in athlone I.T. yesterday (20 march) was completely shocked and disgusted.!

with the judges being biased towards provinces and completely unfair sportsmanship being carried out by some judges and im sure some organisers. the GAA seriously have to review the SCOR system and not let the disgrace thats occured yesterday ever happen again.

i really feel serious mistakes were made in the judging of the both the 'instrumental music' and 'set dancing' compettion. i myself am from derry so i have no actual dealing with the groups i am going to mention.
    ...the corofin music instrumental group along with the Abbeyknockmoy set dancers were robbed of this years title by if i dare say it mediocre groups in comparison...
    the disgrace that occured in the calling out of results just took the biscuit when the results of the set dancing competition were called out wrongly and ended up with two groups on stage who i think were not of all ireland scor worthiness in comparison to the abbey crowd. the decision to have a 'tie' in the results was just a joke and was done to cover up the scors mistakes.
    even with the tie, the groups who joined first were not the best set dancers there leaving abbeyknockmoy in a shocking third place when they should have been in first as they were in a league of there own when it came to set dancing.

yesterday made me lose all respect for scor and i hope this is a leson to scor and the judges that people notice when judges are biased because of past experiences which i heard about as i was leaving the hall.

...IT WAS SHOCKING!!!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 computerguy

was anyone else disgusted with the all ireland scor na nog final held yesterday in athlone I.T...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Welcome to boards computerguy :) One topic about the match is enough, so I've merged your two threads together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 limerickperson

Hi I was there Saturday and in all my years going to Scor I have never seen the like of it.

We always give out about the judging at some stage or another at Scor but on Saturday I was delighted with the results up to the set dancing.I had got the 6 winners correct and was thrilled........Now I am in no way an expert on Instrumental Music as I thought there was 3 excellent groups so I just went for the meunster reps.....

How ever the set dancing took the biscuit........Anyone who knows any thing about set dancing would see that it was a 2 horse race between Boherbue Cork and Abbeyknockmoy Galway.The set from Cavan were nice and good for their age but not in the same standard of either Cork/Galway.When they called out Westmeath as the winners.........I could not belive it.......and then the carry on with the "tie"

There is NO WAY there can be a tie at an All ireland final of scor as there is always a 5th adjudicator to break any ties that may occur.

<Snip>

I really felt sorry for the dancers from Westmeath and also from Cork as this All Ireland title has no worth fro either team

What a disgrace!!!!!

p.s.

Have no allegiances to any of the performers just was there as an independant spectator.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

limerickperson, please be careful with your allegations here.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    limerickperson, please be careful with your allegations here.

sorry what allegations have I made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

sorry what allegations have I made ?
    Sorted by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

When they called out Westmeath as the winners.........

We won an All-Ireland! And it's only February! Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

the groups who joined first were not the best set dancers there leaving abbeyknockmoy in a shocking third place when they should have been in first as they were in a league of there own when it came to set dancing.

...IT WAS SHOCKING!!!"

I agree. The mess at the end with the set dancers was awful and I also think the abbeyknockmoy dancers should have won. They were excellent. I was in the the Sligo novelty act and I would like to get feedback from people as to what you thought of our act. To be completely honest I thought we were going to win because we matched the criteria perfectly and put on a great show (getting two rounds of applause before our act was even finished plus all the laughter from the audience!). I was very disappointed because i really thought we had a strong chance!:( Any replys would be greatly appreciated as to what you people thought??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

where are all you lot coming from all of a sudden?

dont neglect the other threads now.........

• Advertisement

everyone is entitled to be peeved if their team wins of loses in any competition but your posts are beyond the pale and you should not be posting this sort of stuff.

your last two posts could get this board into trouble and whilst its ok for you to just breeze in here and fire off gossip and allegations which you cannot prove and then sod off (maybe with the help of a ban) it is the regular posters here who may bear the brunt of it.

Do us a flavour and change your posts, or fire off a letter to the powers that be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Wow Scór nd nÓg in dodgy judging shocker!!!

Has been happening for years from County Divisional Level, to All Ireland Level.
    Nothing unusual, im afraid, just have to accept it. Lost out 3 or 4 years at county level, in similer circumstances. With the event being hld in Killarney, 6 ot 7 of the winners each year were from East Kerry, with the rest not getting a look in, except in extraordinary curcumstances.

Looks like the powers that be in the GAA have decided to officially announce that Boherbue were the outright winners on the day.I belive the GAA president Christy Cooney is going to award them their medals at a forthcoming GAA function.

A pity it happened but I suppose they could do nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Looks like there's some ridiculous amount of multi-accounting going on here :pac:

Advertisement