Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music composing????

Options
  • 21-02-2010 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

can you get caught for copying a few lines of a piece of music for the composing? as in if say, a few lines from coltrane would fit into the piece?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Moshimoshi

I don't see how you could fit it in. If you're following the standard A A1 B A2 form, phrases A1 and A2 have to be really similar to A. Then in B you have your sequence. You get most of the marks for being technically correct, not musically creative.

major_template.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Bosphorus

Moshimoshi wrote: »
    I don't see how you could fit it in. If you're following the standard A A1 B A2 form, phrases A1 and A2 have to be really similar to A. Then in B you have your sequence. You get most of the marks for being technically correct, not musically creative.

major_template.gif

thanks, i forgot about the whole structure part of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

well i think you would definitely get away with it if you could fit it in... for example, i happened to be learning the solo to the song "emerald" by thin lizzy on my guitar before i went to my music class (my school doesnt do music) and managed to sneak a small part of it into a melody during the music class. my teacher didnt have a clue and said the melody was fine...

I guess its just down to your luck, if you get a melody that you can do that with then you're sorted... but i wouldn't count on it happening. :cool:

Advertisement