Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Bold 9000 battery life

• 21-02-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I got given one of these a couple of weeks ago and love it to bits, but is it just me or is the battery life absolutely appalling?

I've changed data network to 2G only and that seems to have improved it a little, but according to the specs of the phone, standby time is 510 hours??
    I think the longest I've gone between charges so far is <48 hours. My battery was at 20% last night and the phone was dead by the time I woke up! (wifi and bluetooth are both disabled)

Does this sound like normal battery life to you guys, or should I look into getting another battery? The phone was used when I got it, but was in perfect nick so can't have gone through enough charges to destroy the battery charge memory...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭StephenM_smc

You could pick up a replacement battery which is non-OEM (There are some that offer greater capacity which either fits the original case or provides a larger rear cover).

I've had the same overnight issue with the Storm. If its suitable for you, the desktop charging pods that are available can be a nice addition to charge the Bold while also leaving it in full view/easy access at your desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cheers... I have a spare charger and a USB cable in work, so not being able to charge it is never an issue, I just don't particularly like having to charge my phone every single day.
    Guess I'll look into a new battery anyway (could do with a spare for whenever I go on trips)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

I had the same problem, try another battery, or get 9700. I get full 3 days with very heavy usage,alternatively try crackberry forums for an answer.

Advertisement