Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cheesecake in Galway?

Options
  • 21-02-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get my boyfriend a cheesecake for his birthday. Where's the best place in town to buy one? Preferably a plain cheesecake as he's not to found of flavours like strawberry, baileys, lemon etc.
    I've checked a few bakery websites but most seem to be flavoured.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Try Goyas (square behind McDonaghs) or Elles on Shop St

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Why not make it your self? I make cheesecakes all the time, very easy to do.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Yeah I do a really good white chocolate cheesecake, but I'd prefer to buy a nice baked one. Dont have time to try a baked one beforehand and want to get it right.

Also, I'd like it to be a surprise and it's hard to hide cooking from him!

I've looked at Goya's online but it seems expensive? Is it worth it? Dont mind spending the money if it's good.

Why cant we have a Cheesecake Factory here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

I know a lad that likes cheesecake. not my piece of cake. he has his cake and he eats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I know a lad that likes cheesecake. not my piece of cake. he has his cake and he eats it.

Get your coat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yeah I do a really good white chocolate cheesecake, but I'd prefer to buy a nice baked one. Dont have time to try a baked one beforehand and want to get it right.

Also, I'd like it to be a surprise and it's hard to hide cooking from him!

I've looked at Goya's online but it seems expensive? Is it worth it? Dont mind spending the money if it's good

Why cant we have a Cheesecake Factory here!!

Goyas is a cafe as well as a cake shop so you can go in and order a slice of their baked cheese cake and see if it's what you are after. It is expensive but alot of their stuff is very good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Get your coat.
    i'll get your mothers coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

This may sound strange but the best I've had in Galway is Tescos brand Vanilla Cheesecake...it's only about 2.50 but it is really nice.

Got a really nice Snickers cheesecake in Balinrobe before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Can you not send the BF out to the pub while you cook one?
    I remember years [OMG, like 30 !!] ago M&S used to do very nice ones, but I haven't looked there for them recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

Sweetie Pies in Athenry do the most fantastic cheesecakes,not too pricey either!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

dunnes brand lemon cheese cake is awesome FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Gourmet Tart Co. in town? Theres one beside tesco and one off shop st.

Thanks for the suggestions. Going to head into town early and see which one looks the best!

Where abouts in Athenry is that shop? I dont know the place too well.
    Sending him out isn't an option I'm afraid. Both work nights so sending him to the pub before work isnt the best plan!

Hopefully there'll be some good ones in town tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Someone told me that the little new pizza place beside Neachtains (Pizza Bianco or something, I think, which co-incidently does the BEST pizza I have tasted in some time in Galway) has a delicious cheesecake, and when I was in there the last day, some lady went to the corner asking about ordering one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Make it, it'll mean more!

(Easy recipe, just don't add the Baileys if you want plain...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

how did it go? did he love it? where'd u get it? how much was it?

:D:p:D

TillyGirl wrote: »
    how did it go? did he love it? where'd u get it? how much was it?

:D:p:D

Ended up getting on from Tesco due to working really late Monday night.

I cant remember the brand name but it's a 'homemade style' one. It has a really nice base on it which is his (our!) favourite part. Probably could have gotten a better one if I had time on Tuesday but for €6 it was good. Still loads left too! :D

He was surprised though which was good. Had candles that spelt 'Happy Birthday' which lokoed good on it.

Advertisement