Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noise Cancelling Headphones

• 21-02-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a pair of Noise Cancelling headphones and need some urgent help.

I'm willing to spend up to €150 on a good pair and have been checking the net for brands and models that would be good. So far i'm stuck between either the Sony MDR-NC 60 or the JVC HA-NC 250.

As they say nothings better than hearing from the horses mouth so i'd appreciate any info from anyone who has NC phones or recently purchased a pair of NC headphones to please give some feedback on the type/brand they bought.

Thanks all,
    Coggy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

What's their intended use scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 coggy

Hi Baza,

Will mostly be using them for travelling(i.e planes) but will also want them for general music listening.

OK. They're fairly good at noise reduction, but their sound quality is subpar. Also, by virtue of the fact that they're battery powered, at some stage on a long haul flight they're going to go flat and you have a fairly sizable bundle of useless plastic to try to stuff in your carry-on.

What I would suggest as an alternative is sound isolating earphones also known as IEMs or canalphones. These deliver much better sound quality bang for buck, are cheaper, smaller, lighter and don't run out of battery.

I know a lot of people have a problem with sticking things in their ears, broadbrushing them as uncomfortable having only tried one pair with one set of eartips. The key is to get a set of eartips that fit well, and you will not even notice the earphones in your ears.

I can recommend a specific model for nicely balanced sound and great comfort - the SoundMAGIC PL-50s. These cost between €30 and €50 depending on where you buy them and how quickly you want them.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any thoughts on these Klipsch Image S4?

They're pretty good for popular earphones that are widely available. They're comfortable and have strong bass. Some people complain of sibilance though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Apparently the benchmark for noise canceling headphones is the BOSE QuietComfort 3 which will set you back about 300 yoyos in a bricks and mortar store in Ireland...

So I bought a pair of Jabra C820s after I found an online review somewhere saying that they are a poor mans BOSE QuietComfort 3

I paid about 60 for a pair on ebay from an UK seller! :D

Advertisement