Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans with unlimited data (or close)

• 21-02-2010 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

So i've been doing some looking for an android phone, O2 have a decent one but they won't put it on one of their 'advance' plans that they have for the iphone and palm pre because its not a 'smart phone' which is a little irritating

Their other option is a more expensive clear plan that has only 1GB included with some extra minutes but its a bit of a rip-off when i only want the data and not much of the minutes

anyone got an other ideas or is it possible to get O2 to give me the advance plan on a different phone?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Meteor Surf
    500 mins talk
    500 texts
    1GB Data

55e per month

• Registered Users Posts: 47 self_sentered

Meteor Billpay Lite with 10GB data add-on
    50 mins talk
    50 any-network texts
    free meteor to meteor texts
    10GB data

€25 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 crackola

well the O2 with 1GB of data is €45 i think (€40 for unlimited data which i want) the Meteor one with the add on sounds pretty good, they have the hero which is obviously a bonus so for €79 for the phone, €25 per month calls and a €15 add on i get unlimited data, only prob is my other half wants an iPhone so will be on O2, could be annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

The 02 plan isn't really unlimited , after 3gb they'll drop you down to dial up speeds.

The 02 plan isn't really unlimited , after 3gb they'll drop you down to dial up speeds.

with wifi at home, 3gb should effectively be unlimited for me, 1gb would be the edge though and €45 is getting just a little expensive for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Would you really use more than 1 GB per month if you've got wifi at home?

I've only sent 136 MB and receieved 730 MB on my iPhone.... in 13 months! Granted, I rarely use youtube etc when I'm off wifi, but I do hit m.boards.ie, facebbok, and use google maps a good bot on 3G.

If you've got usage stats already that show that you use over 1 GB then fair enough, but unless you're downloading or watching mobile videos 1 GB goes a long way.

I agree that €45 is far too expensive ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Surely 3gb is way more than you would need, I think O2 is the best one to go with

angel01 wrote: »
    Surely 3gb is way more than you would need, I think O2 is the best one to go with

i plan on using it for podcasts, some tv, web and leaving it constantly connected for other apps but 45 euro is a bit much for a gig and their add on is silly at 33 megs per euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Meteor Billpay Lite with 10GB data add-on
    50 mins talk
    50 any-network texts
    free meteor to meteor texts
    10GB data

€25 a month.
    This is what I'm on with my Nexus One. I have podcasts, Google Reader, twitter and Gtalk going all the time so it's nice to have that massive upper limit, even if I'll never reach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

Baza210 wrote: »
    This is what I'm on with my Nexus One. I have podcasts, Google Reader, twitter and Gtalk going all the time so it's nice to have that massive upper limit, even if I'll never reach it.

Sorry to go off topic, but how did you buy your Nexus One? I tried to buy one a while ago from Google directly, but got a message saying it's not available in my country yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Hotspot Shield allows you to hide your IP address. They still won't deliver to Ireland but you can have it shipped through a mail forwarding company like MyUSABox.

Advertisement