Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zeitgeist Movie

• 21-02-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Has anyone seen Zeitgeist Yet?? Itsa documnetary about religion 9/11 and the banks. Im not much of a documentary fan but i loved this! brings alot of unanswered questions to the table! The government is ****ing the world ovr basically! watch it and get back to me.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

http://conspiracyscience.com/articles/zeitgeist/

Read this and get back to me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galwaygirl86

:Dim new so i dunno wot that means or what ive to do??? Help if possible plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I have not watched zeitgeist , because it is popular , its just sounds too mainstream and thats the reason i have not watched it .

You see the powers that be are controlling the truth movement , so if a movie such as zeitgeist is being promoted and popularized all over the internet , well they are probably behind it .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galwaygirl86

i thought that too. but ive seen other ones aswell where the guy that made the docs met a fella that has been tracking the bilderberg group for 15years and they go out and protest at the hotel where the worlds most powerful are meeting. i think there trying to make it known to the world so people will realise wot the bilderberg group are up to. Like they want to have one world bank and currency etc to control the worlds money and stuff like that! im a fan. but people are entitled to there own say so whatever ya reckon lemme know xoxo :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

espinolman wrote: »
    I have not watched zeitgeist , because it is popular , its just sounds too mainstream and thats the reason i have not watched it .

Do you avoid everything thats popular as a rule.

• Advertisement

Do you avoid everything thats popular as a rule.

No , but zeitgeist sounds like programming for the sheep .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Truthrevolution

Try "Fall of the Republic" by Alex jones or

"The Capitalist Conspiracy" be G Edward Griffen

Excellant documentaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

No , but zeitgeist sounds like programming for the sheep .

Do you get programmed that easily?
    It would be easier to accept your comment if you watched it and said it was rubbish.

boards.ie is pretty popular. I'd stay away from it if I was you.:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've watched it. A mate is convinced its all true. In my humble its a crock. The religious first part is so full of holes it's future as a colander is assured.

"Wow maaaan, the son of god is like the sun of god". Yea ya moron, in english. pity it doesnt work in hebrew, aramaic, latin or greek. The stuff about Horus is completely wrong too. Jesus wasnt born on dec 25th that was a later tradition. None of the other gods was born of a virgin either. Bugger all connection with the Jesus myth/story. It was a fashionable connection in the 70's but completely debunked then. Only to be trotted out for the naive and illinformed of the next generation. When they have a fast scrolling list of jesus like gods, slow it down or stop it. Its worth the laugh :D

TBH having viewed it, I am firmly of the opinion its the work of a moron, or the work of someone extracting the urine out of the uneducated and gullible. I strongly suspect the latter.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

All we can do is try to research the topics ourselves from valid sources (if they exist) and come to our own conclusions. I was talking to a friend about this general theme recently and we came to the conclusion that all the conspiracy theories can't be true but they can't all be false either. Its somewhere in the middle probably but there are so many sources of information out there and so many vested interests on all sides that is becomes hard to prove anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Gotta take a film like Zeitgeist with a pinch of salt...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I second wibbs. A small bit of research into the topics discussed will show that the narrator is misinformed. He has actually admitted almost as much and said that he just wanted to create discussion. I think it was just a poorly researched video-editing project.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Dunno, The Religious bit was always a bit of a stretch, which is annoying as there is a very good case which has been made by other scholars which trace the rise of the christian mythology back 3-4 thousand years.

The bankin bit seems to be backed up by independent sources tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Zeitgeist is a strange mish mash of other peoples idea's.
    All sort's of truth/theories/ideas are mashed into that film.
    The original Zeitgeist isn't very interesting in itself, however the Zeitgeist addendum shed's a lot of light on what the Zeitgeist movement is all about. Here's a link http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912#

Every now and then someone pops up on this forum with little or no posts to their name rasing the spectre of the Zeitgeist.
    I personally have a problem with the Zeitgest movement and their motivations, as well as their supposed "solutions". Peter Joseph to my mind is a creep, not that such things should matter much to others, but their whole movement seems to be similar to the one they claim to be trying to derail(the so called New World Order).

I haven't taken offence to the religious aspects of the Zeitgeist, I personally find all religious beliefs to be offensive and the organisations behind them self serving manipulative and dishonest.
    The financial aspect is just stating the obvious and the 9-11 truth section is bandwagon jumping at it's most bare faced.
    The utopia offered up by these sage intellectuals in their addendum is wishy washy at best.

The best thing any new comer to conspiracy research can do is learn as much as they can without becoming allied to any particular idiom.
    Just keep your mind open, don't discount anything no matter how outlandish, and don't become a supporter of one particular set of ideals. Just go where the evidence takes you.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Wibbs wrote: »

" None of the other gods was born of a virgin either. Bugger all connection with the Jesus myth/story.:D

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Dunno, The Religious bit was always a bit of a stretch, which is annoying as there is a very good case which has been made by other scholars which trace the rise of the christian mythology back 3-4 thousand years.

The bankin bit seems to be backed up by independent sources tho.

Quite right. There's a lot of truth told in the banking bit but it's hard to know what to trust when you know that the guy was able to be so careless with the facts in the first bit. Every documentary should be fact-checked for accuracy and that documentary clearly wasn't.

PJ Merola, a classical percussionist and short term equities trader is the real name of Zeitgeist director Peter Joseph.

The project was originally a multimedia piece devised in 2000 for a NYC animation project
    ZEITGEIST is an abstract, aesthetic exploration of personal belief and social myth -- told through a multimedia work of live solo percussion, stereo video displays and electronic music. Using animation, live performance, drama, humor, and narrative, ZEITGEIST attempts to bring its audience to a place that most likely counters what they believe as true.

His brother Eric is an animator who has worked on Michael Moore films.

Funny how he took his official musician site down when Zeitgeist got famous. I wonder if he's still a financial trader now he's given up hope on the monetary system.

Zeitgeist? You've been duped.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

stevejazzx wrote: »
    Really?
    Horus wasnt. His dad was Osiris. Krishna wasnt, he wasnt the eldest son. Dionysus's da was Zeus(his ma was mortal) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semele In there you'll see a later writers virgin birth hypothesus but it's dubious. Plus the greeks had no big issue with virginity. Not nearly to the degree the Abrahamic lot had. He was born from Zeus' thigh but She got pregnant the usual enjoyable way.

None of the above were born in xmas day(niether was Jesus). None had stars in east or 12 disciples either. Including Jesus. He traveled with a large group of men and women. The 12 thing was more of a construct. 12 tribes of israel thing maybe? But thats conjecture on my part TBH. None of the above died and were resurrected either. Horus was an immortal he couldnt die. Actually I think dionysus "died" for the winter? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus couldnt find it in here though.
    studiorat wrote:
    Zeitgeist? You've been duped.
    That's been my take. That it was a píss take or social/web experiment to see how viral he could make this. To see how many people would believe it. That I think is one of the biggest problems facing CT people.

FWIW I do think that there is much going on under the surface. Some of it apparently mundane but dangerous to humanity. Its when it gets to the uninformed fringes I have issues.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Do you get programmed that easily?

People watch television programmes to get programmed .

People watch television programmes to get programmed .

Maybe you do. Most just do it to chill out.
    Wibbs wrote: »

That's been my take. That it was a píss take or social/web experiment to see how viral he could make this. To see how many people would believe it. That I think is one of the biggest problems facing CT people.

Absolutely, pwned on a global scale. Merola must be applauded, Orson Welles couldn't have done a better job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I like the idea of the zeitgeist movement and venus project. I think the concept of resource management is a good one and really highlights the idiocy of some of the outcomes and side effects of capitalism. Like transporting food from the other side of the planet because our economies have been twisted to make it seem cheaper when the man hours and resources put into accomplishing that are massively greater than just growing locally using modern farming techniques.

The movie itself is too bogged down in attacking the established order, when I first watched it I was really excited, there was only a passing mention of religion in the version I saw it was mostly an attack on the monetary system.

When I went looking for it's actual application in the real world, like projects or activist groups I found them to be non existent. If their concepts are so good they should be able to put them into practice somehow and prove they work.

I still think something like it should be the ideal we work towards.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I like the idea of the zeitgeist movement and venus project.

It should be noted that the Zeitgeist Movment and the Venus project has nothing to do with the film with a similar name. They are neither the same people nor is the Zeitgeist Movment interested in 911, conspiracy theories and the rest of the bunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DeBunny

studiorat wrote: »

Nice find. Unfortunately I don't think many people will read this as it actually involves reading rather than watching the youtube project of someone who just discovered video editing.

The is a good site. The Guy who writes it doesn't just disregard an entire movie if it has a lot of errors, as some skeptics do, but looks at each claim individually and is very thorough.

Zietgiest was one of the first CT videos that got me into the whole CT malarkey a couple of years ago. It's thanks to sites such as conspiracyscience.com that I have a much more balanced view of the world today.

Galway Girl, don't get too hung up on videos like zeitgeist. It's very easy and very exciting to believe that a couple of hundred people control the entire planet (think about that) but, unfortunately, the fact is, that life is a lot more boring, subtle and complex than videos like zeitgeist would have you believe.

Have you read the article in conspiracyscience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Zeigiust is a illuminati trick.

They are trying to associate corrupt gods and the corrupt reality that is still going on to relate to Yeshua of Nazaereth.

Nimrod, and all the other "gods" that have existed throughout time. Most of which are beings or some imaginary beings given an extra title.

The illuminati as you know wirte our history books. We don't really follow our true history of origiin, as we rarely ever delve doep into the psyche of reality ourselves. To the point the illuminati are waving the truth at us, but distorting it at the same time to decieve into their version of reality.

Jesus is known as Yeshua for a start. He had older brothers and sisters. Mary was a virgin that is correct. But its not a rare event that a woman can be a virgin. He wasnt born on december 25th. Santa was.... if you catch my drift. I could go on but I doubt many people here have done their own proper research into this, so I'll stop and let you all figure this out for yourself.

Its the same old game of deception.

Most people who follow chrisitanity in its proper beleif dont believe jesus was born on december 25th. It was put on that date since it was the winter solitice.

mysterious wrote: »

They are trying to associate corrupt gods and the corrupt reality that is still going on to relate to Yeshua of Nazaereth.

Nimrod, and all the other "gods" that have existed throughout time. Most of which are beings or some imaginary beings given an extra title.

The illuminati as you know wirte our history books. We don't really follow our true history of origiin, as we rarely ever delve doep into the psyche of reality ourselves. To the point the illuminati are waving the truth at us, but distorting it at the same time to decieve into their version of reality.

Jesus is known as Yeshua for a start. He had older brothers and sisters. Mary was a virgin that is correct. But its not a rare event that a woman can be a virgin. He wasnt born on december 25th. Santa was.... if you catch my drift. I could go on but I doubt many people here have done their own proper research into this, so I'll stop and let you all figure this out for yourself.

Its the same old game of deception.

Most people who follow chrisitanity in its proper beleif dont believe jesus was born on december 25th. It was put on that date since it was the winter solitice.

Thats the thing about movies like zeigest, they are put out there to disinform people and make truthseekers out to look like a shower of crackpots.Angels and Demons movie was mainsreamed to make the illuminati look like an obscure secret organisation that held no real power in society when we know the opposite is true.Even Endgame was a bit of a crackpot movie but i think that was more down to sensationalism on AJs part.

°°°°°

DeBunny wrote: »
    Nice find. Unfortunately I don't think many people will read this as it actually involves reading rather than watching the youtube project of someone who just discovered video editing.

The is a good site. The Guy who writes it doesn't just disregard an entire movie if it has a lot of errors, as some skeptics do, but looks at each claim individually and is very thorough.

Zietgiest was one of the first CT videos that got me into the whole CT malarkey a couple of years ago. It's thanks to sites such as conspiracyscience.com that I have a much more balanced view of the world today.

Galway Girl, don't get too hung up on videos like zeitgeist. It's very easy and very exciting to believe that a couple of hundred people control the entire planet (think about that) but, unfortunately, the fact is, that life is a lot more boring, subtle and complex than videos like zeitgeist would have you believe.

Have you read the article in conspiracyscience?

You appear to be taking the opinion of conspiracyscience.com as the last word on these subjects.
    Perhaps the world is a far more dull and mundane place than popular conspiracies suggest, perhaps it's even more weird and wonderful than anyone is capable of imagining right now.
    I understand that people want to disect CT's using accepted logic and doing so usually results in the same old "it's not even remotely possible" conclusion. If you want to subscribe to that then thats your business. I think that if you're taking either side literally and entrenching yourself along with a particular viewpoint your only serving to restrict what your mind is/will be open to.
    Without definitive answers your left with opinions, its really up to each person what their opinions on these subjects should be. In short, there's not really any right or wrong in conspiracy research, insamuch as opinion is the main catalyst behind the formation of idioms within this sphere of research. The result can be seen in the amount of people with conspiracy research who constantly argue over the petty details of each others theories and end up throwing insults at each other, they can put you in mind of the People's front of Judea and the Judean peoples front, "Splitters".

Glazers Out!

You've changed your tune...
    mysterious wrote:
    The Zeitgeist is trying to wake all of you up the obvious signs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61181789&postcount=7

°°°°°

Well done:rolleyes:

Glazers Out!

I've said before the Zeiguest has been an illuminati agenda program. It is telling you some of the truth but distorting it also.

Like programming in cartoons of reptilan shapeshifters and snakes gods. They put the truth out in front of you, to the point we dont take much notice of it.

Its up to you to find the truth between the stories!. Not Zeigeist. Truthrevolution has revalidated my point.

Zeigeist woke me up, but not in the way you think Studirat. Funny how you always avoid the actual conversation on this board and restort to these kind of nitpicks to try and flame other users.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Funny how you always avoid the actual conversation on this board and restort to these kind of nitpicks to try and flame other users.

He was just pointing out that you're full of crap, not nitpicking.

°°°°°

He was just pointing out that you're full of crap, not nitpicking.

I usually wouldn't comment on something as stupid as what you said there, but you must be joking right?

Glazers Out!

I've said before the Zeiguest has been an illuminati agenda program. It is telling you some of the truth but distorting it also.

Like programming in cartoons of reptilan shapeshifters and snakes gods. They put the truth out in front of you, to the point we dont take much notice of it.

Its up to you to find the truth between the stories!. Not Zeigeist. Truthrevolution has revalidated my point.

Zeigeist woke me up, but not in the way you think Studirat. Funny how you always avoid the actual conversation on this board and restort to these kind of nitpicks to try and flame other users.

What on earth are you talking about? Finding truth between stories? Don't tell us you are finding hidden messages in childrens cartoons now?

I give Peter Josephs real name, links to debunk the film, and you call it nit picking. You must be getting really desperate if you are relying on TR to validate your points.

PS. Like the wrong spelling of the name thing. You are obviously learning from the master.

nullzero wrote: »
    You appear to be taking the opinion of conspiracyscience.com as the last word on these subjects.

Yeah, CTist are fond of things that appear to be happening.
    Perhaps the world is a far more dull and mundane place than popular conspiracies suggest, perhaps it's even more weird and wonderful than anyone is capable of imagining right now.

Yeah, I admit boring was the wrong word to use there. I suppose meant it in the way that someone who likes Rambo might find, There Will Be Blood, boring.
    I understand that people want to disect CT's using accepted logic and doing so usually results in the same old "it's not even remotely possible" conclusion.

Lol, yeah that can happen when you apply good ol' logic.
    If you want to subscribe to that then thats your business. I think that if you're taking either side literally and entrenching yourself along with a particular viewpoint your only serving to restrict what your mind is/will be open to.

You're right, if I like debunking myths then that is my business. And if people want to ignore simple facts that's their business.
    Without definitive answers your left with opinions, its really up to each person what their opinions on these subjects should be. In short, there's not really any right or wrong in conspiracy research, insamuch as opinion is the main catalyst behind the formation of idioms within this sphere of research.

No, just no, if you want to ignore definitive answers you're left with your opinions. There are plenty of definitive answers out there. Stop looking for the ones you want to find.
    Why does conspiracy ''research'' fall beyond the boundaries of other forms of research? In all other forms of research things are either right or wrong. A fact is a fact, not an opinion. Research and opinion are two entirely different things! If you replaced the word ''research'' with the word discussion I would agree with you. And just because you talk in a scientific manner doesn't mean you're being scientific. ;)

The result can be seen in the amount of people with conspiracy research who constantly argue over the petty details of each others theories and end up throwing insults at each other, they can put you in mind of the People's front of Judea and the Judean peoples front, "Splitters".

''I'm a very naughty boy!''

°°°°°

Yeah, I admit boring was the wrong word to use there. I suppose meant it in the way that someone who likes Rambo might find, There Will Be Blood, boring.

You're right, if I like debunking myths then that is my business. And if people want to ignore simple facts that's their business.

No, just no, if you want to ignore definitive answers you're left with your opinions. There are plenty of definitive answers out there. Stop looking for the ones you want to find.
    Why does conspiracy ''research'' fall beyond the boundaries of other forms of research? In all other forms of research things are either right or wrong. A fact is a fact, not an opinion. Research and opinion are two entirely different things! If you replaced the word ''research'' with the word discussion I would agree with you. And just because you talk in a scientific manner doesn't mean you're being scientific. ;)

You need to cool off a bit.
    The point I was making is that with or without factual evidence conspiracy theories remain as do those who believe them. So you just have to accept that we live in a world where these things exist, regardless of lack of "good ol logic" being applied to them. The opinions of each individual tend to define their own reality, even if that doesn't reflect the consensus that most people are happy with for whatever reason. I can see exactly what you're saying, I'm not some head in the sand "CTer" as you'd put it, you dont know the first thing about me. You took what you wanted from my previous post and saw it a justification for a smarmy reply filled with thinly veiled insults and pointless attacks on me and the beliefs you think I have.

As for you're other comments about labelling me as a "CTer" and "someone who likes Rambo"(It's a new one I must admit). I'm a bit confused as to how you can make such assumptions about me when all you know about me is based on a few comments I've made on an internet forum. Surely logic would suggest to you that saying such things is grossly ignorant and insulting and only serves to paint you in a bad light. Just because I talk in a scientific manner doesn't mean I'm being scientific? What the hell does that mean? I dont recall claiming to talk in any manner scientific or otherwise.
    Just because you talk to people in the manner of a person who has a superiority complex doesn't mean you have one, although all the evidence points towards it.

I'm reading over you post again now and I have to say there are many things I'd dearly love to say in response to your unprovoked little petty minded vitriolic rant against me, but you're not worth the infraction/ban I might recieve for doing so. Do you think it's acceptable to speak to people in such a manner simply because their opinions differ to yours?
    If you've got a problem with people discussing conspiracies as oppossed to proving and disproving them I would suggest you should head over to the Skeptics forum, here's the link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=422

I'm all for open and frank discussion, but I don't see why I should have to put up with being treated like some sort of idiot by you or anybody else.
    If you're not going to give me any basic respect I'm not going to give it to you.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm quoting this post and I want people to read it.
    I'm all for open and frank discussion, but I don't see why I should have to put up with being treated like some sort of idiot by you or anybody else.
    If you're not going to give me any basic respect I'm not going to give it to you.

This is a thread about a documentary. Why people have to resort to insults and really petty behavior, I don't know. But I want you all to cut it out. We're not children here!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I'd just like to say, I got the Rambo reference ;)

and yeah this is about Zeitgeist, I think it was a docco that was aimed at mass media penetration from the offset, it made people stop and think and question things, lke loose change or a lot of the other ones, and then ya see some like the ascent of money or Aaron Russo's filum and it makes people want to know more, even teh 'Moon Hoax' ones have made me think twice about the whole thing, and there are some interestin points raised by these movies, if what the Skeptics say is true and it was all a ploy ala [insert appropriate media hoax* and a big 4chan lulzfest, then it had IMO the unintended result of affecting a lot of people to question the world they take for granted.

Interesting that the two owners of the Venus Project have tried to trade mark the Term "Resource Based Economy".

Also of interest is that the Zeitgeist Movement are keeping Logs of all the IRC chats that happen on their Website.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/logs/

Begs the question who's watching who? Almost requires a thread of it's own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Interesting that the two owners of the Venus Project have tried to trade mark the Term "Resource Based Economy".

Also of interest is that the Zeitgeist Movement are keeping Logs of all the IRC chats that happen on their Website.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/logs/

Begs the question who's watching who? Almost requires a thread of it's own.

Any websites that offers a chat based solution keeps them nothing new here... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Super Response !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

In case you don't know the world you see in front of you , doesn't exist outside the frequency spectrum.
    Maybe youre boring ,the world however isn't.

Logic is just a device to keep people from thinking outside the box.Which is dangerous for the powers.

Logic devices in electronics are devices that just posses 2 states ,on or off.They are simple and easy to programme.
    How exactly are you debunking myths? unless you aren't a scientist,politician, physicist ,
    Thats a double edged sword.

More like arrogant. Its a nice trait to be able to look at someone else's point of view without being critical.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

BumbleB wrote: »
    Super Response !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D.

Thanks, my intial thoughts were to go with a hard faced three word response if I'm honest.:pac:

Glazers Out!

Spose I was kinda smarmy there. I tend to let this forum bring out the worst in me. Apologies if I offended anyone. The Rambo comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. In my defense though, it was hardly ''unprovoked'' plus, I thought the last comment would let people know I wasn't really taking myself seriously. :pac:

However, I think it was my rudeness and smarmyness that was tackled rather than the main point I was making.
    There is far too much merit given to peoples opinions. If I thought the world was flat I would be wrong. Just because it's my opinion doesn't mean it should be respected automatically. It doesn't matter if that's ''nice'' or not. Being of the opinion that something happened doesn't make it so.
    For example; Mustard tastes good, that's my opinion. I like mustard, that's a fact. Can you see the difference?

Again, why does conspiracy ''research'' fall beyond the boundaries of other forms of research? Of course conspiracies happen and the rich and powerful will always try, by nefarious means, to stay rich and powerful. This is the way it is and all ways will be. But to abandon logic and reason in the fight against this is to seriously handicap yourself. They are powerful tools, which is why ''they'' use them.

Zeitgeist was considered by many (myself included) to be a documentary when it was nothing of the kind. Nothing was referenced properly and many statements hailed as ''facts'' where merely opinions or just plain lies. If people are making claims like those in Zeitgeist it is all the more important to rigorously apply logic and accountability for such controversial claims. All too often the boundaries between fact and opinion are blurred, to the point where the two are reversed. EDIT: (imo ;) )

Why is conspiracy research and theory exempt from the rules of other forms research and theory?

°°°°°

Spose I was kinda smarmy there. I tend to let this forum bring out the worst in me. Apologies if I offended anyone. The Rambo comment wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. In my defense though, it was hardly ''unprovoked'' plus, I thought the last comment would let people know I wasn't really taking myself seriously. :pac:

However, I think it was my rudeness and smarmyness that was tackled rather than the main point I was making.
    There is far too much merit given to peoples opinions. If I thought the world was flat I would be wrong. Just because it's my opinion doesn't mean it should be respected automatically. It doesn't matter if that's ''nice'' or not. Being of the opinion that something happened doesn't make it so.
    For example; Mustard tastes good, that's my opinion. I like mustard, that's a fact. Can you see the difference?

Again, why does conspiracy ''research'' fall beyond the boundaries of other forms of research? Of course conspiracies happen and the rich and powerful will always try, by nefarious means, to stay rich and powerful. This is the way it is and all ways will be. But to abandon logic and reason in the fight against this is to seriously handicap yourself. They are powerful tools, which is why ''they'' use them.

Zeitgeist was considered by many (myself included) to be a documentary when it was nothing of the kind. Nothing was referenced properly and many statements hailed as ''facts'' where merely opinions or just plain lies. If people are making claims like those in Zeitgeist it is all the more important to rigorously apply logic and accountability for such controversial claims. All too often the boundaries between fact and opinion are blurred, to the point where the two are reversed. EDIT: (imo ;) )

Why is conspiracy research and theory exempt from the rules of other forms research and theory?

Again you're excelling in missing the point.
    Opinions are the be all and end all in CT research because so much of the topics are improbable or improvable.
    You cant prove that reptilians run the earth, you also cant disprove it conclusively.

Your rudeness and smarmyness was unwarranted, you didnt even consider what I had said, you saw red and went mad. I tackled that issue because i felt you were out of line, I also tackled the topic, something you have obviously failed to realise.
    If you want to be "right" about everything thats your problem. Even if a CT can be disproved certain people will hang onto it. Look at religion, no evidence to support those fairy stories in yet they're woven into humanity's psyche tighter than anything. To understand the irrantional belief in CT's you have to understand the irrational nature of the human being. In essensce we each live in our own reality. I'm not interested in discussing debunking CT's, it's a dead topic, go to the skeptic's forum for that. CT's are like anything, belief is paramount, opinion however irrational is the driving force even if it makes the believer "wrong". You should be trying to understand why people believe these things, you can point out the innacuracies and perhaps you might enlighten some people, but you have no right to insist upon others falling in line with your beliefs. If that brings out the worst in you then you need to learn to respect others and empathise with them and their values. You cant shove your beliefs down peoples necks even if those people are wrong in their beliefs.

I'm not taking a side, be it CTer or skeptic, it is possible to be neutral, so please do hesitate to abuse me next time you take offence to something completely inoffensive.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭FlameoftheWest

I like the part about the history of religion in the West. That was really interesting. I do not give a flying **** about 911 as it was nearly 10 years ago now and I cannot beleive people still going on about it.

But the thing about that film that really gave me the creeps was the whole Venus Project swing in the latter 3rd part of the movie to have us all live in some kind of Thunderbirds Are Go social engineering uthoipia that looked soulless and creepy.

The Venus Project part of the movie got my alarm bells ringing. They want us all connected to some master computer and live in wee boxes.

I do not give a flying **** about 911 as it was nearly 10 years ago now and I cannot beleive people still going on about it.

What sort of statement was that to make?? 3 thousand people lost their lives as a result of that attack!! Just cause it happened nearly 10 years ago doesnt mean it shouldnt be investigated and the perpetrators be brought to justice.Its attitudes like that allows genocidal attrocities to go down in history unnoticed.

What sort of statement was that to make?? 3 thousand people lost their lives as a result of that attack!! Just cause it happened nearly 10 years ago doesnt mean it shouldnt be investigated and the perpetrators be brought to justice.Its attitudes like that allows genocidal attrocities to go down in history unnoticed.

We are all responsible for 9/11, and thats the real truth movement. Civilization was basically asleep into disolution before that date. Most of society was more focused on materilism, greed and ego to even think about those 3000 that died that day. Its only when they are gone now that we realise what actually mattered.

I believe the government did it for their own personal agenda and partly to do with their way of life, power needs to overule the rest of us, in order to keep the power system in place. Keeping people in a state of fear is the easiest way to control people. We as people never stood up to the government in any capacity to even question that they could be behind it. Even now half the population cant believe that the powers of be could ever do this. But you know thats the realty we don't want to face in ourselves. We always think the blame and fault it outside ourselves.

"It was the muslims" it was the terrorists, it eveyone but me. But I partly take responsibility for that day, because at 15 years of age I didnt know what mattered to me in life, and 3000 people in those towers didnt matter to me, because I never thought about others as much as I should have. i realised the horror when it happened and thats when I woke up and realise just how real things can be in life.

And if we don't wake up now we are in for more trouble on ourselves if we continue to give our power away to corruption and greed in this world. As they say if you don't take control of your life, something outside of it will. So 9/11 happened not because it was an inside job, but because we ALLOWED it to happen.

The idea to find who did it is beyond naieve at this point, because if the government were proved to have done it people wouldnt believe it because people will still look to a leadler for truth and never themselves.

Again you're excelling in missing the point.
    Opinions are the be all and end all in CT research because so much of the topics are improbable or improvable.
    You cant prove that reptilians run the earth, you also cant disprove it conclusively.

Yeah, but why does CT ''research'' fall beyond the boundaries if other forms of research? Scientists make outrageous claims all the time but they still have to show the links between their opinion and the facts. We're not talking about the existence of god here, we're talking about whether an event occurred or not. It's not philosophy. It's basic detective work. And also it's been proven that lizards don't rule the world. Statements like that make me sad, not to mention smarmy and rude. :(

Seriously though, why does CT research fall beyond the boundaries of other forms of research? Zeitgeist is the perfect example, it doesn't deserve to be called research.

May be this should get it's own thread. I would put it up but I can see myself becoming smarmy and rude again.

°°°°°

Yeah, but why does CT ''research'' fall beyond the boundaries if other forms of research? Scientists make outrageous claims all the time but they still have to show the links between their opinion and the facts. We're not talking about the existence of god here, we're talking about whether an event occurred or not. It's not philosophy. It's basic detective work. And also it's been proven that lizards don't rule the world. Statements like that make me sad, not to mention smarmy and rude. :(

Seriously though, why does CT research fall beyond the boundaries of other forms of research? Zeitgeist is the perfect example, it doesn't deserve to be called research.

May be this should get it's own thread. I would put it up but I can see myself becoming smarmy and rude again.

Take the New World Order as an example if you will. Supposedly a small group of people run the wrold in every concievable way and have it in for the rest of us.
    A small number of people do run the world, they're called rich people. Do they want to devastate the world population? Certain individuals say they do and have evidence to prove it. Popular opinion says that it isn't possible. Neither side is conclusive. On one side you have popular opinion saying one thing, on the other you have alternative opinion saying that popular opinion is wrong. Not all CT's are about events, by which I assume you mean the likes of 9-11 etc...
    As for the lizard people, there's about as much proof to suggest they don't exist as their is to say they do; sweet FA. If that's conclusive and scientific I must have missed something. I think what you mean to say is that popular opinion says that reptilians don't exist.
    I'm not hung up on the reptilian debate, I'm just using it as an example, although it is a fascinating subject in itself when you actually look at the historical context as oppossed to simply making a rushed judegment based on what is considered normal.

What I would suggest you should do is stop caring what people think about far out wacky conspiracy theories if it really bothers you that much.
    I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can believe in any religious dogma but it's something I just have to accept. I cant bully my friends into agreeing with me just because their religious beliefs defy all logical reasoning. I just accept people for what they are. You can suggest to people that they change their beliefs to a more enlightened set of beliefs but if they don't want to it's not something you can force. You have to respect other peoples right to free will and therefore their right to have strange opinions. It would be a very dull and boring world if we all agreed with each other, it's also true that the world isn't improved any great deal by people forcing each other to share beliefs.

Glazers Out!

We are all responsible for 9/11, and thats the real truth movement. Civilization was basically asleep into disolution before that date. Most of society was more focused on materilism, greed and ego to even think about those 3000 that died that day. Its only when they are gone now that we realise what actually mattered.

More utter rubbish. Civilization was asleep:rolleyes:you were asleep more like. A large amount of those 3000 people were involved in the very apparatus of materialism and greed you chastise so much. It was infact the World TRADE centre after all. Isn't Morgan Stanley by far the largest tennant in the WTC

And you tell people to "Wake Up". What the hell is that?

Get off your high horse and stop using the 911 bombing to pontificate about your egocentric new age rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

We are all responsible for 9/11

Are you sure? I have a pretty solid alibi, I was in school that day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement