Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate Club Forums

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It can be destickified when the interest drops down.

I've never understood this idea. If the interest is there for the thread it doesn't need to be stickied. If it isn't then it doesn't need to be on the first page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    The Liverpool ownership thread is not even a sticky on Irishkop.

Please make it one, maybe SOTS will head on over there instead of playing silly games here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Des wrote: »
    It's three people out of the whole forum, but there are 7 people in here looking for a subforum idea to be accepted.

Anyway, just because you have thousands of posts in a single thread doesn't make you any more valid than someone who has only one.

Why do you think it does?
    Dont claim to be. But we are still the three chief posters along with Mr Alan. My post count tells you i have spent enough time on it to know what is going on.
    Havent posted as much there lately. Just think its need freshening up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Go HMod....:)

I bow down to your superior mod status.
    You are only saying that because your postcount is so small.

Your only saying that because you willy is so small. :P
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    I bet you say that to all the ladies

it works too. :cool:

Dont claim to be.
    Yes you do
    But we are still the three chief posters along with Mr Alan.

What do you mean by that?

I read the Liverpool thread every day, I just don't post there as much. I see everything you see, I read everything you read.

Just because you have the most posts on a thread doesn't make you any more of an authority on it than anyone else.

To even think that it does is fairly vain.

• Advertisement

Dont claim to be. But we are still the three chief posters along with Mr Alan. My post count tells you i have spent enough time on it to know what is going on.
    Havent posted as much there lately. Just think its need freshening up.

OK we seem to have gone a bit of tangent there.

Can you explain what your problem is now that I showed you that you can in fact start Liverpool threads and they won't get closed straight away. (I'm not saying every Liverpool thread created would go that way, but if a topic is deemed big enough it seems to me that it would be allowed. Mods can clarify this)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Can you explain what your problem is now that I showed you that you can in fact start Liverpool threads and they won't get closed straight away. (I'm not saying every Liverpool thread created would go that way, but if a topic is deemed big enough it seems to me that it would be allowed. Mods can clarify this)

Any topic that merits its own thread is fine,sure I have ofter moved posts from a super thread into a new thread as I taught they needed a dedicated thread.

OK we seem to have gone a bit of tangent there.

Last pool thread i created was merged into super thread and was never heard of again. Liverpool team of the noughties was its name.

Last pool thread i created was merged into super thread and was never heard of again. Liverpool team of the noughties was its name.

But in fairness that does not merit its own thread,soon after we would have had a Utd team of the naughties,Celtic team of the naughties etc etc.What kind of forum would that be.

If it disappeared then that simply means that not enough people were interested in posting about that subject.

Did it hurt your feelings?

• Advertisement

Reminds of the scene from friends with the incessant poll taking.

Yeah that doesn't deserve its own thread, its of no interest to anyone but Liverpool supporters, so it should go in the superthread. Where I'm sure if there was enough interest it could be discussed.

I'm guessing you where actually gonna set up 11 threads though and have one for each position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I just want to make sure I'm understanding your position correctly.

1) You think the front page is too busy so we should remove the stickies that benefit everyone on the forum such as the off-topic thread and the streaming sites

2) You also think we should remove the super-threads because they are clogging up the front page and aren't allowing enough space for other threads to see the light of day

3) You'd like to be able to post a thread "Liverpool team of the noughties" and would be fine with someone copying it by posting "United team of the noughthies", "Chelsea team of the noughties", "Bohs team of the noughties" & "Shels team of the noughties"

and you don't think that 3) above is in direct opposition to 1)???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Its probably been asked before, but SOS if youre really leaving, why do you give a shíte about the structure of the forum?

Iago wrote: »
    I just want to make sure I'm understanding your position correctly.

1) You think the front page is too busy so we should remove the stickies that benefit everyone on the forum such as the off-topic thread and the streaming sites

I would Definitely remove the Off topic thread. Im almost afraid to post there at this stage.

2) You also think we should remove the super-threads because they are clogging up the front page and aren't allowing enough space for other threads to see the light of day

Pretty much what Dub 13 is saying it will free up space.
    3) You'd like to be able to post a thread "Liverpool team of the noughties" and would be fine with someone copying it by posting "United team of the noughthies", "Chelsea team of the noughties", "Bohs team of the noughties" & "Shels team of the noughties"

It comes once every ten years. It was needlessly merged and was never going to work in super thread

and you don't think that 3) above is in direct opposition to 1)???
    No because its was a once off thread.
    my replies in bold

I would Definitely remove the Off topic thread. Im almost afraid to post there at this stage.

Cry me a river mate, afraid?

You brought the pain on yourself with your amateur hour dramatics about the "long goodbye I'm leaving in a month" bullshít.

What did you expect people to do? Fall down around you "Oh please don't go, we love you so so much oh chief Liverpool poster". No. You post rubbish like that, people are going to ridicule it.

I think you should accept that, or else actually stop posting on the internet.

Get the hell over yourself.

So because you don't get use out of it you want it removed,like wise with the streaming thread.Thats a very self centered attitude to have.

The off topic thread has a huge history on the forum and although quite these days I have been trying my best to get it back active again as I believe it helps the atmosphere on the forum.

Pretty much what Dub 13 is saying it will free up space.

We seem to want to free up space for opposite reasons,I want the superthreads gone so we can have more sustained debate.I don't want more threads about who's team was the best in the 90s and other low level stuff like that.

Cry me a river mate, afraid?

You brought the pain on yourself with your amateur hour dramatics about the "long goodbye I'm leaving in a month" bullshít.

What did you expect people to do? Fall down around you "Oh please don't go, we love you so so much oh chief Liverpool poster". No. You post rubbish like that, people are going to ridicule it.

I think you should accept that, or else actually stop posting on the internet.

Get the hell over yourself.
    So i should have to put up with the nonsense that goes on . I dont think so. There is a charter here that is not been adhered to. Debate the post not the poster. I doubt if many have even bothered to read it.
    I know for a fact that my post counts should not have been discussed and yet it was by a mod.
    My bias should not have been discussed online by a mod. And yet it was.
    Stuff like that undermined me. And you occassionally do it albeit not on the thread you are modding. I can take that. What I cant take that is certain people excusing their behaviour by saying its part of internet life.
    It only happens here.
    Dont have a pop at me for trying to improve things I feel need improving. No unfortuntately does not mean no on this thread. Soccer forum is continually evolving.

Stuff like that undermined me

You undermined yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Soccer forum is continually evolving.

But why are you concerned? If youre leaving, why does it matter?

So because you don't get use out of it you want it removed,like wise with the streaming thread.Thats a very self centered attitude to have.

Not self centred at all. I believe Daithi and Lucky Lloyd have done a great service with the thread but it can be bookmarked. Both impeccable posters as well. Wouldnt have a bad word to say about either

The off topic thread has a huge history on the forum and although quite these days I have been trying my best to get it back active again as I believe it helps the atmosphere on the forum.

Far from quiet Dub13. Needs modding like any other thread IMO

We seem to want to free up space for opposite reasons,I want the superthreads gone so we can have more sustained debate.I don't want more threads about who's team was the best in the 90s and other low level stuff like that

If you are talking about the team of the noughties was a once off. Was a fun thread and at a quiet enough time of year when there was not much traffic. was no need to merge it

replies in bold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So can we just invent a hide thread option?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

So i should have to put up with the nonsense that goes on . I dont think so. There is a charter here that is not been adhered to. Debate the post not the poster. I doubt if many have even bothered to read it.
    I know for a fact that my post counts should not have been discussed and yet it was by a mod.
    My bias should not have been discussed online by a mod. And yet it was.
    Stuff like that undermined me. And you occassionally do it albeit not on the thread you are modding. I can take that. What I cant take that is certain people excusing their behaviour by saying its part of internet life.
    It only happens here.
    Dont have a pop at me for trying to improve things I feel need improving. No unfortuntately does not mean no on this thread. Soccer forum is continually evolving.

SOS, i think you've made your point very clearly, you obviously feel strongly about it but the fact is this is a community site and as such it will evolve to whatever the majority want it to be within admins plans for the site as a whole.

At the moment the majority do not share your view of the way soccer should go, that may change over time. Drop the I'm a top poster and I'm leaving stuff , you're doing yourself or you cause no favors with that line.

You're a decent contributer to the forum, hang about and see how things develop. If your particulaly annoyed at any stage just take a break for a while, theres really no need to delete your account, that will achieve nothing. After all you'll want to have your day with the likes of me when your team wins the title again.

SantryRed wrote: »
    So can we just invent a hide thread option?
    No facility as such at the moment. But think your idea is a very good one.
    The Muppet wrote: »

You're a decent contributer to the forum, hang about and see how things develop. If your particulaly annoyed at any stage just take a break for a while, theres really no need to delete your account, that will achieve nothing. After all you'll want to have your day with the likes of me when your team wins the title again.

Appreciate the kind words Muppet and same to you Dave. If people makes such a big deal about some silly bet then they will triple the abuse if i dont stay true to my word this time round.
    I think its for the best anyway. Would rather start off again and not having soccer access will remove the temptation of posting in a forum which is not good for me or my fellow posters. We need some space.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

picard-facepalm.jpg

that one image sums up 99% of your posts to be frank. and since we are getting technical today thats 6967.62 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Okay that sounds fine Iago. But I may not be around for that.

I thought you were leaving the end of March? The review happens after the English season ends. So surely you won't be around for it?
    Myself, Nekidbible man and Mike65 are all agreed on this. Thats a big chunk if you ask me.

This should be post of the day. Your not as important as you seem to think you are. Just because your in the top three posters on the Liverpool thread doesn't mean you have a better say than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

me or my fellow posters. We need some space.
    lol

We need some space.

See what I mean about the amateur dramatics, and you undermining yourself?

how can anyone take what you say seriously when you constantly come out with stuff like this.

My god man. Grow a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Todays posts in this have been an absolutely incredible read. Well done all, especially SOTS.:pac:

I think its for the best anyway. Would rather start off again and not having soccer access will remove the temptation of posting in a forum which is not good for me or my fellow posters. We need some space.

If you really believed that you would just leave. It still baffels me as to why your leaving, why you felt you had to announce it, and why you are felt you had to give a notice period. Honestly I feel if you took ten seconds to reread your posts and think about them a bit more you would enjoy it a lot more around here.

• Advertisement

Archimedez wrote: »
    But why are you concerned? If youre leaving, why does it matter?
    Because it matters thats why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement