Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate Club Forums

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I say: leave things be.

I also feel that in about a month or so, things will relax around here a bit. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I have to stop reading this thread, I'm literally going to piss myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Because it matters thats why.

Look there you go again.

Replying to a post without answering the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Boggles wrote: »
    I have to stop reading this thread, I'm literally going to piss myself.
    It doesn't happen often, but me and boggles are on the same page. **** me, i just spent an hour readin this thread on my phone smothering wit a cold in bed and could not stop laughing. i can't remember whether or not i contributed to this thread, but i'll clarify where i stand on it (as a member of the liverpool superthread chiefs, and tbh, the most important and best looking member), i'm dead against seperate club forums, i think they're an horrendously bad idea. and sots, you obviously totally ignored the advice people were giving you in the ot thread after readin some of the stuff you came out with today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It's strange how the management seem un-willing or un-able to stop people deliberately derailing this thread and being abusive to each other.

*Wonders what would happen if he told des to grow a pair*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I can't believe people care so much about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

okay Iago im going to direct this for your attention. As a former member of the soccer forum, i feel consensus has to be reached here. Come up with something that everyone can agree with on the forum structure. By the looks of it, opinion is divided fifty fify on the issue of a subforum of a super thread. And the suggestion by one poster that 99 per cent was behind the status quo was way off the mark.
    Anyway will draw up a document on how i think a sub forum could be structured that would benefit everyone on these boards.
    And while i am no longer a member of these soccer boards I still reserve the right to contribute on this thread as a former member.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fake Locke wrote: »
    okay Iago im going to direct this for your attention. As a former member of the soccer forum, i feel consensus has to be reached here. Come up with something that everyone can agree with on the forum structure. By the looks of it, opinion is divided fifty fify on the issue of a subforum of a super thread. And the suggestion by one poster that 99 per cent was behind the status quo was way off the mark.
    Anyway will draw up a document on how i think a sub forum could be structured that would benefit everyone on these boards.
    And while i am no longer a member of these soccer boards I still reserve the right to contribute on this thread as a former member.

Why are you posting under a different name?

A tad snakey no?

cleared this with admin. Suggest if you have a problem with it to take it up with them xavi. I will supply you with a contact if that doesnt suffice.SOTS accounts is gone now and with it my soccer access. Anything else:mad:

cleared this with admin. Suggest if you have a problem with it to take it up with them xavi. I will supply you with a contact if that doesnt suffice.SOTS accounts is gone now and with it my soccer access. Anything else:mad:

Well yes actually, there is one thing I don't get.

Surely the whole point of a new alias is that you move away from your old one and are able to post freely without people knowing who you actually are.

Kinda failed on that one.

• Advertisement

no that IMO is being sneaky. What do you want me to do Xavi. Open one account after another while im being continually harrassed by you and other posters.

That's quite the accusation.
    Im posting outside the soccer boards now where I should be able to post in silence. You as a mod should not be dragging this off topic and yet you have done it twice now in this thread.

I'm not a mod of this forum. If you have a problem with my posts then report them.
    Are you interested in debating this topic or not?

Why would I (or anyone else) debate the topic with someone who has stated that have no wish to be part of the forum being discussed?

You made your decision to leave and have said you won't be coming back.
    Your presence in this thread serves no purpose at this stage.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    That's quite the accusation.

I'm not a mod of this forum. If you have a problem with my posts then report them.

Why would I (or anyone else) debate the topic with someone who has stated that have no wish to be part of the forum being discussed?

You made your decision to leave and have said you won't be coming back.
    Your presence in this thread serves no purpose at this stage.
    I dispute that. I havent ruled coming back in future (subject to mod approval) but certainly not under the current climate Xavi.
    And to suggest I have no right to post here (which you have done twice now) is censorship.
    Maybe harassment is a bit too strong but from the minute you posted comments about my bias on a thread you co-modded at christmas i was fighting an uphill battle.
    You singled me out which was unfair and you are again attempting to devalue my contribution by over extending yourself here.
    Your opinion carries weight here and i dont think you are putting it to the best use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

This thread is going nowhere.

This thread is going nowhere.
    If we desist from taking pot shots at each other we can get something out of it. Xavi will withdraw the remark about harassment as it serves no purpose to play out our differences online. Asking that you do the same about my right to post here and let us continue with the debate. PM me if you have any outstanding issues over accounts and stuff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I dispute that. I havent ruled coming back in future (subject to mod approval) but certainly not under the current climate Xavi.

Just re-reg as Fat Elvis and be done with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If we desist from taking pot shots at each other we can get something out of it. Xavi will withdraw the remark about harassment as it serves no purpose to play out our differences online. Asking that you do the same about my right to post here and let us continue with the debate. PM me if you have any outstanding issues over accounts and stuff.
    he didn't say you had no right to post here. Stop saying that he did. it is a lie.

He said your presence here serves no purpose because you are not a user of the soccer forum, and had claimed you were done with it (a claim you have since taken back, in this thread)

It doesn't make sense for someone who doesn't use a forum, to be campaigning for changes to the structure. I could understand if it was modding procedures we were debating, as your claim could be you are not posting due to the current procedures, but to claim you are not posting because of the current structure of the forum would be stupid.

The PDS were a breakaway group werent they of FF. Who became the watchdog of FF by their own words. Did FF say you left us so you cant tell us what to do anymore. Is that the attitude so. Once you leave thats it. Opposition fulfills a useful purpose.
    Again the fact i am no longer in forum doesnt mean i wont be contributing via thanked posts and reading it.
    All that has happened that is that I wont be interacting with a certain group who have ditched the charter by saying this is what posting is like in forum, grow a pair or leave. It happens nowhere else on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You seem to have grievances with a certain group, you should really take that up a CMOD or Helddesk thread if you feel that strongly about it. I suggest you find examples of where this group have decided to ditch the charter.

The admins take any kind of "bullying" very seriously.

You seem to have grievances with a certain group, you should really take that up a CMOD or Helddesk thread if you feel that strongly about it. I suggest you find examples of where this group have decided to ditch the charter.

The admins take any kind of "bullying" very seriously.
    Im blue in the face talking about it Alan to be honest. I know what is going on, certain other posters know what is going on. Ten posters can organise themselves into a group and it will seem as if they represent everybody.
    Ten posters can post one post in same direction of on poster and avoid being accused of harassment. Nothing can be proved.
    Again it only happens on soccer boards. As a parting note will leave this below for anyone who needs to update themselves on boards etiquette.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_guidelines#faq_bie_faq_guidelines_civil

The PDS were a breakaway group werent they of FF. Who became the watchdog of FF by their own words. Did FF say you left us so you cant tell us what to do anymore. Is that the attitude so. Once you leave thats it. Opposition fulfills a useful purpose.
    Again the fact i am no longer in forum doesnt mean i wont be contributing via thanked posts and reading it.
    All that has happened that is that I wont be interacting with a certain group who have ditched the charter by saying this is what posting is like in forum, grow a pair or leave. It happens nowhere else on this site.

yeah, forming an opposition party in government is in the same ballpark to you not posting in the soccer forum....

What you are doing would be similar to me ranting that the Sligo forum should change its structure, despite the fact I don't post there, or me going on to forums I used to frequent to bitch about the way they have set up the forums despite the fact I don't post there at all anymore.

To take your analogy, it would be like saying the PDs formed a party to make sure that FF emailed each other in the correct format, an utterly pointless 'outside' objective.

Again, if you were campaigning for a change in modding procedure and user behavior I could accept the point you are trying to make, but you are not. You are 'campaigning' to have the structure changed. Which makes no sense at this point.

Also, it does mean you won't be contributing via thanked posts. To read the soccer forum you will have to log out, so you can't thank posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Also, it does mean you won't be contributing via thanked posts. To read the soccer forum you will have to log out, so you can't thank posts.

Em, the soccer forum is readable to everyone, you only need access to post

Em, the soccer forum is readable to everyone, you only need access to post

ah right, i am remembering from when i was banned:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

is this bayviewseventieslocke?
    2078b.jpg

ah right, i am remembering from when i was banned:D
    The blind leading the blind in a manner of speaking. +1 to closing this thread now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Im blue in the face talking about it Alan to be honest. I know what is going on, certain other posters know what is going on. Ten posters can organise themselves into a group and it will seem as if they represent everybody.
    Ten posters can post one post in same direction of on poster and avoid being accused of harassment. Nothing can be proved.
    Again it only happens on soccer boards. As a parting note will leave this below for anyone who needs to update themselves on boards etiquette.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_guidelines#faq_bie_faq_guidelines_civil

All I'm getting from this is that if ten people disagree with you and decide to post that then you see that as being harassed. Surely the more logical explanation is that you were just wrong.

Again its what you perceive to be going on, which I honestly believe is some warped mentality, because I honestly have not seen any harassment, or bullying, or anything else.

I have over stepped the mark once or twice with you, and have been punished for it when I have done so. Its like you think people are getting away with abusing you freely, rather than just disagreeing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Are you forming a breakaway from the soccer forum, a continuity soccer forum if you like and if so will the other Chief posters be joining you? I'd be concerned that the liverpool thread could die if all the top posters follow your lead.;)

Seriously though I'm sorry to see that you jumped ship Fake Lock, imo it's easier to effect change from within. In one of my first post's on this site someond told me to only fight the battles I could win, it was good advice. Best of luck.

All I'm getting from this is that if ten people disagree with you and decide to post that then you see that as being harassed. Surely the more logical explanation is that you were just wrong.

Again its what you perceive to be going on, which I honestly believe is some warped mentality, because I honestly have not seen any harassment, or bullying, or anything else.

I have over stepped the mark once or twice with you, and have been punished for it when I have done so. Its like you think people are getting away with abusing you freely, rather than just disagreeing you.
    To be fair alan all that happened there is was your post was removed. Thats in the past. You are a grounded enough individual but again its down to what is allowed on soccer forum and not on other forums which is the problem here. Des for all our differences put up a very good thread on poster behaviour in rugby which i would endorse totally. Not that much messing on rugby thread but to be fair he made a clear statement of intent.
    Think this should be adopted on soccer boards. Post five is key post for me.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055835166

The Muppet wrote: »

Seriously though I'm sorry to see that you jumped ship Fake Lock, imo it's easier to effect change from within. In one of my first post's on this site someond told me to only fight the battles I could win, it was good advice. Best of luck.
    thanks Muppet yes thats good advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

To be fair alan all that happened there is was your post was removed. Thats in the past. You are a grounded enough individual but again its down to what is allowed on soccer forum and not on other forums which is the problem here. Des for all our differences put up a very good thread on poster behaviour in rugby which i would endorse totally. Not that much messing on rugby thread but to be fair he made a clear statement of intent.
    Think this should be adopted on soccer boards.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055835166

Every forum is different and each forum requires different moderation, that is why they all have different charters

I Mod PI and if I was to Mod Soccer as well I would have to handle it very differently, they are different forums with different posters and communities, it isn't a one rule fits all situation

Having said that there is always something to be learned from how another forum deals with something and maybe things could be adapted

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The soccer forum in the current form is not perfect, but no forum is.

There is nothing that has been suggested on this thread that will improve the Soccer forum but there are alot of suggestions that will ruin it IMO.

This thread seems to have descended into one posters personal Vendetta against a "group" of other posters. There is allegations of harrasement and bullying which have no purpose here and should be investigated fully by the powers that be.

There is a good core community spirit on the Soccer Forum, why split it?

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote: »
    Are you forming a breakaway from the soccer forum, a continuity soccer forum if you like and if so will the other Chief posters be joining you? I'd be concerned that the liverpool thread could die if all the top posters follow your lead.;)

Iago suggested i put the case for subforums. So anyone who wishes to post suggestions can do so up on my letstalksoccer where those in favour can put up their arguments for it. This thread is getting to messy so if we have topic for it will be easier to read. I think if we can hand over two documents (case for and against) to Iago and then give them to him he can put something to the forum at the end of the season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement