Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate Club Forums

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thought you were taking the day off?

Parody at this stage, novelty has run out.
    So is that it now Flah. I go off soccer and i cant post here now. Im replying to one or two posts. You undermine Dub13's argument totatlly with nonsense like this. When im finished replying to last three posts ill take rest of the day off this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fake Locke wrote: »
    So is that it now Flah. I go off soccer and i cant post here now. Im replying to one or two posts. You undermine Dub13's argument totatlly with nonsense like this. When im finished replying to last three posts ill take rest of the day off this thread.

LOL. Still a man of your word if nothing else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mr Alan wrote: »
    That vote is just to move the superthreads into a seperate forum, not for anything like the changes you are proposing here

Yes lets be clear,that was my proposal and its for just a superthread forum nothing else I am 100% against other sub forums (bar maybe to include the match day threads in the new sub forum).

That vote is just to move the superthreads into a seperate forum, not for anything like the changes you are proposing here

In the absence of a club forum im proposing some changes that might improves things around here.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm truly baffled....

...all I can see across a whole bunch of threads at the moment is a one man crusade to shake up the soccer forum and bring truth and justice to all....

...by someone who isn't going to use the soccer forum anymore...

....while noone else is really complaining very much at all...

Getting the impression this is more self importance personal battle then anything else...

<edit> thank you so much for offering to leave the floor open for us..........

Did you even bother reading this thread. Because even Iago admitted there was seven who had a problem with it.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yes lets be clear,that was my proposal and its for just a superthread forum nothing else I am 100% against other sub forums (bar maybe to include the match day threads in the new sub forum).

Thats fair enough. But will add that I think that both yourself and Xavi should remove your threat to walk away if club forums are introduced as IMO its a bargaining tool and B you haven't even let me put forward a final draft. Posters are too keen to jump in like that. And not directing this at your but Im proposing that any poster who gets personal from now on should walk away from this thread. Debate the post not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

But will add that I think that both yourself and Xavi should remove your threat to walk away if club forums are introduced as IMO its a bargaining tool

It's not a threat and there's no agenda behind it so I won't be removing anything.

I'm not sure what part you don't get. I like modding the forum in its current format. If it changes I would not want to mod it.

I am not important enough for that to matter one iota to whether the forum changes or not so stop dwelling on it.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's not a threat and there's no agenda behind it so I won't be removing anything.

I'm not sure what part you don't get. I like modding the forum in its current format. If it changes I would not want to mod it.

I am not important enough for that to matter one iota to whether the forum changes or not so stop dwelling on it.
    Okay Xavi. Will comeback with some framework document that I hope will improve things around here.
    Asking again that some posters give this thread a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

In the absence of a club forum im proposing some changes that might improves things around here.

At this stage your proposals are all over the place. I can't even tell what you want anymore.

Did you even bother reading this thread. Because even Iago admitted there was seven who had a problem with it.

There will always be people with have a problem with how a forum is run. I'd like an Android forum, it got turned down, even though there is an apple forum, and interest in the platform. I accepted the decision and went about my merry way hoping that the site has one in the future. There was plenty of support for that forum but I haven't seen one person bitch about the lack of a forum, or argue the admins. You think the United / Liverpool super thread is a problem, try reading the Hero, or Nexus one jeepers.
    Thats fair enough. But will add that I think that both yourself and Xavi should remove your threat to walk away if club forums are introduced as IMO its a bargaining tool and B you haven't even let me put forward a final draft.

You haven't put forward a final draft because you keep shifting what you want. I don't even think you know what you want at this stage.

Secondly Xavi, and Dub13 are perfectly entitled to suggest they would have no interest in modding club specific forums. They volunteer their time on this site, and they can stop at any time, for whatever reason. Somebody else mentioned on this thread that the existing mods could continue on modding each forum, they simple corrected them and said this wouldn't be the case.

They are not bargaining like you are both in here, and on the thread in the soccer forum. They are simple pointing out their feelings on the matter.
    Posters are too keen to jump in like that.

Seriously this is freaking hilarious coming from you. How many people have now told you to stop and think about what you post? Yet its only other people that are too quick to jump in.

The fact you have put forward umpteen suggestions for the soccer forum without thinking any of them through on this thread, has lead it to become the mess it currently is.

It started off so well to. We were so close to having a constructive feedback thread.
    And not directing this at your but Im proposing that any poster who gets personal from now on should walk away from this thread. Debate the post not the poster.

Please show me where people have gotten personal and not being debating your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Okay Xavi. Will comeback with some framework document that I hope will improve things around here.

I would legit pay good money to read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

This thread has really run its course. Over the pages of the thread, all sides have made a lot of good points and a number of suggestions were put forth and debated.

It has since taken a huge nosedive, and nothing constructive has been added. It has descended into farce and schizophrenic ramblings.

The points of issue are there for all to see, and I don't think there's much more to say.

This thread has really run its course. Over the pages of the thread, all sides have made a lot of good points and a number of suggestions were put forth and debated.

It has since taken a huge nosedive, and nothing constructive has been added. It has descended into farce and schizophrenic ramblings.

The points of issue are there for all to see, and I don't think there's much more to say.
    If anything Nekid, Some posters have shown on this thread why something needs to be done.
    Was answering some questions put forward by the admin but discussion is just getting bumped too often now. Ill be liasing with mods from now on on on this and any document i put together will be made up constructive points made on this thread.

• Advertisement

Actually Fake Locke, you're some man to be giving out about people making threats in order to sway opinion.
    Going to up the ante here. If the yay sayers prevail Ill leave the Soccer forum. If Nay sayers prevail ill stick around a little while longer with a view to campaigning for some positiive changes around here. Moving the superthreads off the main page would be a positive change for me.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebus thank god im not a mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

THEN STOP SPAMMING ON IT.
    your a flash in the pan, you've barely been on soccer long enough to understand how the forum works, never mind create some sort of insane document with your ideas on what works and what doesnt. you havent adjusted to the forum and instead of trying, you are trying to enforce change on it. change you seem to think is justified because of some sort of online poll on the forum, and before that you tried to use the "highest percent posters on the liverpool thread" as some form of base for your ideal forum. you've barely given the soccer forum a chance and because you are over sensitive and massively dramatic and seem to not be able to stop posting on boards.ie, you have turned this thread into a long winded drawn out spam fest in which the only thing im certain will come from it is you becomming a novelty figure in the eyes of all soccer forum posters.

your embarassing yourself day after day and you dont seem to have the good sense to stop. you have turned this from us trying to make the soccer forum a better place into a one man crusade where he wont stop bleating on about bullsh1t which he barely understands in the first place. july 2009, thats when you joined boards and through 30 posts a day, of which most are just white noise, you seem to have come to the conclusion in your head of how important you think you are and how you think you know better then all the soccer forum posters, who at this very minute are posting away quite happily.

get some humility. stop f**king spamming. get some perspective. stop trying to be some sort of revolutionist who will bring about 'great change' or whatever the f**k it is going on in your head and just try posting normally in the soccer forum without spamming the sh1t out of it with inane opinions and one line useless posts. dont like the pictures? heres one for ya..

The Rock Says:
    58659.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

this is ridiculous, some posters you want to avoid so you'll take the rest of the day off, 99% of people posting here are respected soccer forum regulars, would you like them to just go away so you can contine to try and dictate how our forum is run?

Dont be so hard on yerself AL some of us respect you.:p

Actually Fake Locke, you're some man to be giving out about people making threats in order to sway opinion.

:rolleyes:
    Not on soccer boards now Xavi am i. So stuck to my guns. Like I said you have made a point on numerous occassions now of saying you would walk away as a mod if club forums were introduced. Dont see the difference really. That vote was never going to be changed by what i said really. As for you, If you cant mod it dont mod it. Simple enough. Dont make an issue out it.

Not on soccer boards now Xavi am i. So stuck to my guns. Like I said you have made a point on numerous occassions now of saying you would walk away as a mod if club forums were introduced. Dont see the difference really. That vote was never going to be changed by what i said really. As for you, If you cant mod it dont mod it. Simple enough. Dont make an issue out it.

If you don't see the difference then why did you have a go? I didn't see a difference, hence me pointing it out here! Fucking hell.

As for your closing sentence, maybe take some of your own advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Not on soccer boards now Xavi am i. So stuck to my guns.

Yeah but did you stick to your guns about leaving this thread for the rest of the day?

As for you, If you cant mod it dont mod it. Simple enough. Dont make an issue out it.

Lol, the irony.

If you can't handle the Soccer Forum, don't go in there. Simple enough. don't make an issue out of it.

Dave! wrote: »
    Spiritoftheseventies is a great poster lads, stop trying to get rid of him just cos you can't deal with the points he makes in a debate. You guys just wanna have your own little clique where nobody questions anybody, but SOS comes in and throws a cat amongst the pigeons and your feathers all get a bit ruffled and you try get him to leave.

For shame.
    You're right there Dave. Im out of this process. Not interested in taking part in a debate that plummets to this depths. So much for feedback thread. A complete waste of time this.

You're right there Dave. Im out of this process. Not interested in taking part in a debate that plummets to this depths. So much for feedback thread. A complete waste of time this.

Could say the same about putting 9 months into an account then throwing it out of the pram.

Could say the same about putting 9 months into an account then throwing it out of the pram.
    Not worth the grief Xavi. Had hoped you could conduct yourself with a bit more decency. Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

you've already accepted that its a minority of posters who want the radical change you're suggesting, answer me this please, why should the majority of users in the soccer forum in this thread be ignored?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, for shame Xavi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hahahahaha, the little drama queen sent me a pm and then has blocked receiving them. lads, don't take anything bayviewclose says seriously at all. hes already derailed this thread enough due to his issues and now nothing is going to get fixed or be done.

f**king clap clap fake locke / bayviewclose / spiritoftheseventies. xavi, alan et al - its not worth the effort. hes not gonna be part of the forum so lets move on without him. wait till the close season and then start a thread on changes. ive aired my problems with the forum here as has anyone else who is interested so lets stop entertaining a hanger on

Okay going to give this one more go. Im not asking for an overall change to boards. I dont think any of my proposals were unreasonable and Iago thought they were strong enough that he nominated me to the make the case for the club forums. I was asked by someone about trolling in club forums and i came up a possible solution in terms of counter acting that.
    That fact that someone brought up trolling means there are trollers. You can back me up on this Alan I dont troll on the united boards.
    So the question is how do we combat them. Des admitted there are a few of them on the rugby boards so you can multiply it by ten on soccer boards.
    Ill attempt to post the views of the other seven so that they dont get ignored in all of this debate.

Jazzy wrote: »
    hahahahaha, the little drama queen sent me a pm and then has blocked receiving them. lads, don't take anything bayviewclose says seriously at all. hes already derailed this thread enough due to his issues and now nothing is going to get fixed or be done.

f**king clap clap fake locke / bayviewclose / spiritoftheseventies. xavi, alan et al - its not worth the effort. hes not gonna be part of the forum so lets move on without him. wait till the close season and then start a thread on changes. ive aired my problems with the forum here as has anyone else who is interested so lets stop entertaining a hanger on
    Jazzy you dont speak for everyone else here. Thats backmodding Jazzy and same for the comment below. when you dismiss everything out of hand you lose the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Am I the only one who thinks spiritoftheseventies is an elaborate hoax, albeit a committed one, who has managed to hook in a lot of biters along the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Ill attempt to post the views of the other seven so that they dont get ignored in all of this debate.
    Jazzy you dont speak for everyone else here. Thats backmodding.

Made me smile anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Fake Locke, I don't think you speak for anybody else here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

so is that, and so is this, and so would your response be. You can see the circle we are going down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Fake Locke, you didn't answer my question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement