Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate Club Forums

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fake Locke wrote: »
    Are you telling me that the post you posted last night was any different than the one LL posted awhile back. You made a huge song and dance about it. So dont claim to portray me in some other light when you cant take a ribbing yourself.

now i know what you were talking about :D

head_palm_wand_ani.gif

Going to up the ante here. If the yay sayers prevail Ill leave the Soccer forum. If Nay sayers prevail ill stick around a little while longer with a view to campaigning for some positiive changes around here. Moving the superthreads off the main page would be a positive change for me.

it was for this post, because you are the biggest hypocrite iv ever see on sf, you spout so much rubbish, and then you have the nerve to tell xavi to remove a so called threat, ****ing ridiculous.

I like a joke on sf but in reality I cant ****ing wait to see the back of you, from your ridiculous pms about that bet which you werent man enough to keep , to your obvious sweet spot of LL (no offence to LL)

its days like this i want sponsorship back and as for me taking a ribbing, bay your a comedy legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I just wish he would answer why he wants a drastic change for a forum he no longer uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mr Alan said 99% of the time, not 99% of users bayview.

You should read things a bit more carefully, I know its dark under your bridge but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

**AHEM**

perhaps we should get back to the topic at hand or let this thread slide away. I've no issue with discussion or heated debate but this is turning into a feeding frenzy. This is no longer feedback, this is just arguing for the sake of it.

If your post is not *directly* related to the issue of sub-fora in the soccer forum, then I would suggest that you dont post it here. And I dont mean a long rant with a brief mention of the original topic.

I may not be a mod of feedback but I can still tidy things up quite nicely if I have to.

thanks

LoLth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Well archimedez. What is my problem. Stuff like this. You can do what you want and get away with it and I cant. thats the bottom line.

And if you have no problem posting stuff like this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64748437&postcount=3589

and still find time to place to call my stuff retarded guess we dont have much to be discussing do we. Seriously
    LolTh let them debate it on soccer forum where i dont have access to voice an opinion and then everyones problem is solved.

But this is the double standards going on around here. Posters say A but do b.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

My feedback is that I like everything the way it is. If I want a Utd only forum I go to redcafe and if I want a general football forum with an irish feel I go to boards. I usually look at the 1st 2 pages of the soccer forum for threads that interest me.

I don't see any benefit in having seperate club forums. It will fragment debate. I am unlikely to have a look into an arsenal sub forum or a liverpool subforum but would easily click on a thread about arsenal and liverpool currently. Thats how lazy I am :p and thats how lazy most users are imo.

Keep it all together as one big meting pot, thats the best way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well archimedez

if you have no problem posting stuff like this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64748437&postcount=3589

and still find time to place to call my stuff retarded guess we dont have much to be discussing do we. Seriously
    LolTh let them debate it on soccer forum where i dont have access to voice an opinion and then everyones problem is solved.

But this is the double standards going on around here. Posters say A but do b.
    The retarded stuff people are accusing you are things like giving your blessing to the mods to do things, rallying your liverpool fans to put in a good day of posting. Self important nonsense.

Quite different to Archimendez post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Posters say A but do b.

Like you taking a three day break from the forum and not doing it?

Like you being finished with this thread today?

Yeah I can see how thats annoying alright.

Like you taking a three day break from the forum and not doing it?

Like you being finished with this thread today?

Yeah I can see how thats annoying alright.
    Like I said its the double standards that kill me. You feel free to hammer me but yet Archi and Headshot are treated like cult heroes on boards because of their rebel status.
    Like i said take this thread back to the soccer forum where mods cant deal with it and i dont have soccer privileges. Problem solved and we never have to deal with each other again.

Like I said its the double standards that kill me. You feel free to hammer me but yet Archi and Headshot are treated like cult heroes on boards because of their rebel status.
    Like i said take this thread back to the soccer forum where mods cant deal with it and i dont have soccer privileges. Problem solved and we never have to deal with each other again.

Na thread needs locking not moving.

Headshot and Archi aren't being treated as cult heros, they are being treated like respected posters.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

take this thread back to the soccer forum where mods cant deal with it and i dont have soccer privileges. Problem solved and we never have to deal with each other again.

I didn't realise there was a feature of the feedback forum that forces you to reply.

Just say no BayviewSeventiesOfFakeSpiritLockeTheClose.

The retarded stuff people are accusing you are things like giving your blessing to the mods to do things, rallying your liverpool fans to put in a good day of posting. Self important nonsense.

Quite different to Archimendez post.
    And stuff like Rooney and the granny business. You are perfectly happy with that are you as a united fan. You are perfectly happy that Archi talks openly on a thread about two recent infractions.So he is allowed to act the eejit and post whatever.
    . Would respect you a bit more if you were one iota fair Mitch. But its far better that You United folks stick together on this no matter what isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

reb.jpg

Banner.jpg

And stuff like Rooney and the granny business. You are perfectly happy with that are you as a united fan.

I found it humerous at least, and in fairness Rooney did ride a granny.
    You are perfectly happy that Archi talks openly on a thread about two recent infractions.So he is allowed to act the eejit and post whatever.

Infractions show up as yellow cards beside the post, so they are out in the open anyway. Now if started question mods decisions on the forums well then thats a different matter, but a matter for the mods, not me, not you.
    Would respect you a bit more if you were one iota fair Mitch. But its far better that You United folks stick together on this no matter what isnt it?

No one is sticking together. You have everyone from Liverpool fans, to LOI fans criticising you. Deal with it.

All the united fans rowing in together now. Quite amazing. You will do whatever you have to kill the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mr Alan wrote: »
    do you not accept that the majority of the users of the forum would be against the proposals that you're putting forward?

AH Ha I detect a split in the chief posters camp.

And stuff like Rooney and the granny business. You are perfectly happy with that are you as a united fan. You are perfectly happy that Archi talks openly on a thread about two recent infractions.So he is allowed to act the eejit and post whatever.
    . Would respect you a bit more if you were one iota fair Mitch. But its far better that You United folks stick together on this no matter what isnt it?

What are you on about?

A united fan has a shot at Rooney, about something he actually did.

and Gerrard, for something he did.

What exactly is your actual problem with what was said in that post?

All the united fans rowing in together now. Quite amazing. You will do whatever you have to kill the debate.

Dear science.... can you not even consider that maybe people just disagree with you.

Mr Alan supports 'pool and says little different to you.

Xavi is a City fan.

People aren't against your campaign because of who they support. We are against it BECAUSE WE DISAGREE with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Whats seperate club forums got to do with Utd ? As in why would Utd fans all take a particular line on this rather than just voice their own opinion ?

• Advertisement

Ah he is just mad because he couldn't organise his Liverpool gang. Ego a bit bruised that's all.

If i were you i'd drop this now. Do yourself a favor and take at the very least the rest of the day off from this to clear you thoughts, go out for a walk or something, it's simply not worth the hassle you are bringing on yourself .

Lads give the guy a break.

The Muppet wrote: »
    If i were you i'd drop this now. Do yourself a favor and take at the very least the rest of the day off from this to clear you thoughts, go out for a walk or something, it's simply not worth the hassle you are bringing on yourself .

Lads give the guy a break.

Hes 100% incapable of this. Just watch. I'm happy to be proven wrong but doubt I will be.

What that you didn't post on the united thread? That was your choice. Don't see any fair play in that.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Hes 100% incapable of this. Just watch. I'm happy to be proven wrong but doubt I will be.

Even if he's not I'd like to think the rest of us particularly us soccer users are, it's gone beyond a bit of fun at this stage, for me anyway.

Alan thinks it time we wrapped this one up. Going to a few statements from the pro side on the pros for club forum.
    A good cross section here.

mike65 wrote: »
    It should be self evident that anyone who posts with any regularity on Soccer does so for the love/hate of the game rather than a single team. So the idea that sub-forums will kill off a substaintial part of the trade has never held water for me. Some mods appear to have less faith than the rest of us.

You're looking at it from a different perspective. The sub-fora would not belong to fans of that club. They'd merely be a category to better organise discussion.

Just as the Liverpool superthread does not belong to Liverpool fans, and just as Liverpool fans accept Man City fans to mod their thread, so too would the case be with the sub-fora.

I'd have no problems with any of the current mods - or any of a number of rival posters - modding a hypothetical Liverpool sub-forum. At the end of the day, we all want to discuss football in a sensible way, and we should all trust each other enough to be grown-up and fair about things.

(Obviously I wouldn't want the militant fanboys like Mr.Alan or Boggles anywhere near ModCP on any forum!)

Surely you see the distinction, LL.

You want me to stay someplace I don't want to stay, and if I don't like it I can go piss off?

Since when is that what Boards is about?

The current mods and users, at the present time. You're ignoring those that don't post more because of the current set up and the site is growing and the site is changing.

Besides, I think yizzers are wrong already. I have hundreds and hundreds of posts on the Soccer forum, 95% of them on the Villa thread. If I wanted to get into Ronaldo v Messi debates I would, whether it's on the main Soccer forum or whether it's on the only Soccer forum. But I'm mostly interested in claret and blue, so instead of Boards getting my "business", I spend a lot of time on villatalk.com. The total number of posts would increase if there was further categorisation and I don't think anyone doubts that. The value of the banter that's had is what's debated and if people really enjoy and value that banter, I simply refuse to accept it will go away just because there's a bit more categorisation.

Fair enough you guys think otherwise and that's the admins' call and all is well and good. But I've heard this debate a million times over. I heard it about college-specific forums, I heard it most vocally before the county forums were made, before AH got the Cool Links forum, before the Biz category got spread out, before separate Budget/EU Politics forums... you get the picture. There are almost no instances in Boards' recent history where new forums just didn't work, joke forums like Chuck Norris aside.
    nedtheshed wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly,the superthreads are a mess.Teams like United and Liverpool have a massive fan base over here.Restricting everything related to those teams to one thread is pretty ridiculous in fairness,the tv show Glee got its own forum despite having 2 existing threads in the television forum for gods sake.

flahavaj wrote: »

Petty I know, but Good man the Flah.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

when you say Alan, do you mean me? I have no intention of arguing the against side. Imo there isn't even a debate going on about it, it's been rejected very recently and doesn't have the majority of soccer forums users behind it.

The Muppet wrote: »
    AH Ha I detect a split in the chief posters camp.
    Indeed see my last post. Posted these two contributions at random. Nothing against you at all Mr Alan and didnt even see the note at the bottom of Nekids post. Anyway muppet ill be away tomorrow. Hoping the debate will have died down sufficiently enough. Got away from soccer forum to escape all this crap but stuff was posted last night after I left that i couldnt let go of. . Some posters didnt let it go. As soon as this thread closes thats it. Absolutely no way im returning to a debate like this.
    Good luck to the SF. It might be a roaring success now. Watch this space as they say. And no Alan i was talking about Alan M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

As soon as this thread closes thats it. Absolutely no way im returning to a debate like this.

Lock the Thread now please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement