Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seperate Club Forums

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

I should probably clarify that I was making a joke.

My honest opinion is that as it stands it's very difficult to discuss anything to do with a big club as the superthreads are unnavigable and it's hard to discuss anything not to do with a big club as the superthreads drown the first pages of the forum.
    okay folks. this the latest page from pool superthread. And im just in. Do we have a problem on it or it not. Are posters blowing off steam or is there an underlying problem.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055637824&page=1328

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

okay folks. this the latest page from pool superthread. And im just in. Do we have a problem on it or it not. Are posters blowing off steam or is there an underlying problem.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055637824&page=1328

We know there is a problem with the super threads,but you are suggesting to brake the forum to fix it is crazy.

Its like having a problem with your clutch and getting a whole new engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dub13 wrote: »
    We know there is a problem with the super threads,but you are suggesting to brake the forum to fix it is crazy.

what about a trial period at the end of the season

Headshot wrote: »
    what about a trial period at the end of the season

A trial for what..?

A trial for what..?

sub forums thing

cant be any worse than what the sf is atm

• Advertisement

sub forums thing

cant be any worse than what the sf is atm

I don't think so to be honest,but thats not a call any one person can make it will be discussed between the mods,cat mods and the Admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Jesus how many times does it have to be said. The users don't want it, the mods don't want it, while the admins are probably sick of hearing about it.

You really willing to risk losing every decent poster in the SF over this, because I really think that is what would happen.

The decent posters were attracted and stayed in the forum because of its uniqueness. Taking that away will simple kill it.

So you tell me how we sort out the superthread problem?

I don't think so to be honest,but thats not a call any one person can make it will be discussed between the mods,cat mods and the Admins.

I was thinking it was out of the question alright, why i said a trial because there is obvious hatred to the idea of sub forums but maybe its because posters dont know what its like or people are just to stubborn to change.

for the admins, anything mods do to change the forum for the good is cut down in no time, just people hate change.

Jesus how many times does it have to be said. The users don't want it, the mods don't want it, while the admins are probably sick of hearing about it.

You really willing to risk losing every decent poster in the SF over this, because I really think that is what would happen.

The decent posters were attracted and stayed in the forum because of its uniqueness. Taking that away will simple kill it.

you do relies we've lost some great posters already because of the way the sf is

• Advertisement

Dub13 would a subforum like this be so hard to manage
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837
    If posters dont like this model they can post within main forum as well. But it at least tidies things up a bit.

you do relies we've lost some great posters already because of the way the sf is

Of course we have.Nobody in the No to separate club forums camp will deny this.We realize there is a problem and will listen to suggestions that don't harm the uniqueness of the forum.

If the lads in the pro separate club forums camp put enough energy into suggestions to improve the forum (without harming it) we may get somewhere.

Dub13 would a subforum like this be so hard to manage
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=837
    If posters dont like this model they can post within main forum as well. But it at least tidies things up a bit.

I am well aware of the Spurs Supporters Club forum.Who said anything about it been hard to manage..?The soccer mods could take the easy option and brake the forum up and have a handy life but we want to keep the forum different.

Partition did not work in India/Pakistan,Palestine or Ireland what makes you think it will work on the soccer forum...?

I am well aware of the Spurs Supporters Club forum.Who said anything about it been hard to manage..?The soccer mods could take the easy option and brake the forum up and have a handy life but we want to keep the forum different.

Partition did not work in India/Pakistan,Palestine or Ireland what makes you think it will work on the soccer forum...?
    Just to update you. Last three pages on pool thread practically about VDS. And the gas thing was we were told the other day on the City Pool thread to keep things on topic. Because we went a bit off topic about Gerrard that was unrelated to the game. So you tell me what do we do to discuss our club without having to post elsewhere.. If we have to post on another website its not working. I have no problem united fans discussing VDS but when it takes up three pages than its doesnt become the the pool thread anymore.
    And i know no owns it but it is still primarily the Liverpool thread.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just to update you. Last three pages on pool thread practically about VDS. And the gas thing was we were told the other day on the City Pool thread to keep things on topic. Because we went a bit off topic about Gerrard that was unrelated to the game. So you tell me what do we do to discuss our club without having to post elsewhere.. If we have to post on another website its not working. I have no problem united fans discussing VDS but when it takes up three pages than its doesnt become the the pool thread anymore.
    And i know no owns it but it is still primarily the Liverpool thread.
    It was VDS compared to Reina, such a debate could easily come up on a Liverpool subforum. The main problem for me is certain fans getting wound up way to easily.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

End of the day I think if OP re opens the debate it needs to be taken on board. There is frustration amongst certain pool fans (not all) with superthread at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I wouldn't read too much into users leaving the forum and I think the real cause for that has not been considered on this thread.

Anyone that was here at the end of houliers reign will remember a lot of liverpool supporters stopped posting when results were not going well and other fans were critical of the team. Its natural really.

Arsenal and United were riding high at time and the forum was pretty much dominated by fans of those two clubs. Arsenal then had a bit of a dip and a lot of their soccer forum supporters no long contribute.

When Rafa took over and had a good first season with Liverpool most of the missing liverpool contributers returned and there were more pool supporters than anyone else on the forum.

What I'm saying is that soccer fans contribute when things are going well and tend to quieten down when things are not, They are not lost and gone forever and IMO it has little to do with the content of the soccer forum other that they are being reminded that thing's are not all well with their club by other fans which like it or not is a big part of being a soccer supporter, Bragging rights and all that.

I frequent quite a few soccer forums and IMO It is impossible to sanitize the soccer forum in the nature requested without destroying it, which would be a shame as it is one of the best around.

Very interesting post there. Best contribution so far. Well done muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

One man's great poster is another man's muppet. Read this thread. Bringing in club subforums is going to lose you a ton of posters of all shapes and sizes and the majority of the current moderating team.

You can't please everyone no matter what you do. At least with the way things are those who have left can find plenty of what they are after elsewhere on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Muppet wrote: »
    I wouldn't read too much into users leaving the forum and I think the real cause for that has not been considered on this thread.

Anyone that was here at the end of houliers reign will remember a lot of liverpool supporters stopped posting when results were not going well and other fans were critical of the team. Its natural really.

Arsenal and United were riding high at time and the forum was pretty much dominated by fans of those two clubs. Arsenal then had a bit of a dip and a lot of their soccer forum supporters no long contribute.

When Rafa took over and had a good first season with Liverpool most of the missing liverpool contributers returned and there were more pool supporters than anyone else on the forum.

What I'm saying is that soccer fans contribute when things are going well and tend to quieten down when things are not, They are not lost and gone forever and IMO it has little to do with the content of the soccer forum other that they are being reminded that thing's are not all well with their club by other fans which like it or not is a big part of being a soccer supporter, Bragging rights and all that.

I frequent quite a few soccer forums and IMO It is impossible to sanitize the soccer forum in the nature requested without destroying it, which would be a shame as it is one of the best around.

I could name a few notable Utd fans who went missing for a few weeks last season when things hung in the balance. That is a happy offshoot of the forum as it is currently set up. It draws attention to those who are only there to needle opposition supporters. And if you are switched on and genuinely interested in robust discussion, you can learn to completely ignore them over time.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I could name a few notable Utd fans who went missing for a few weeks last season when things hung in the balance. That is a happy offshoot of the forum as it is currently set up. It draws attention to those who are only there to needle opposition supporters. And if you are switched on and genuinely interested in robust discussion, you can learn to completely ignore them over time.

There you go.

Maybe Liverpool fans should pray for a long term dip in United fortunes and they may just get the forum they want. I'll still be around though,.;)

There you go.

Maybe Liverpool fans should pray for a long term dip in United fortunes and they may just get the forum they want. I'll still be around though,.;)
    It will happen eventually. But not going to turn this into a United thread. We are here to fix these superthreads.

We are here to fix these superthreads.

Are we is this not the separate club forums thread..?if you keep mixing it up we will never get anything sorted.

Are we is this not the separate club forums thread..?if you keep mixing it up we will never get anything sorted.
    Sorry was assuming club forums was off the table for the time being. Dub13 i think we share the same view re the main pool thread. Its a bit of a mess. Think we should really work together on this and find a way round it in terms of maintaining some order within it. Think i have said all that i can say at this stage. Just hope we can get this resolved

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

no, they disappear when they feel like they are p1ssing in the wind and the volume of trolls outweighs the volume of quality :)
    and SOTS - arent you 'leaving the forum' anyway at the end of the month so how come you are posting so much here on something that will ultimately have no effect on you anyway? maybe you should leave the discussion to people that are going to use the forum.
    The_Muppet wrote:
    I'll still be around though
    so basically you are admitting what we all know anyway and that you will troll the liverpool supporters on boards.ie no matter what? oh sorry, you are going to be "offering a different opinion". gotcha

this is the underlying problem of the soccer forum - useless crap trolls. if the mods had the balls to come down hard on the select few i think they will find the new users will stop following the examples set and there will be less trolling in general. this would mean that the forum could stay in the exact same structure with less of the problems being brought up here. its as simple as that

Jazzy wrote: »

and SOTS - arent you 'leaving the forum' anyway at the end of the month so how come you are posting so much here on something that will ultimately have no effect on you anyway? maybe you should leave the discussion to people that are going to use the forum.

I post here because i have posted long enough on pool forum to know there is a problem. Yeah im leaving but im not going to be a lame duck poster for last month. Believe or not Jazzy If there wasnt this much messing I wouldnt be leaving. But there is one way to fix this. Return to the yellow and red card system. Anyone remember what the last infraction on pool board was for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I post here because i have posted long enough on pool forum to know there is a problem. Yeah im leaving but im not going to be a lame duck poster for last month. Believe or not Jazzy If there wasnt this much messing I wouldnt be leaving. But there is one way to fix this. Return to the yellow and red card system. Anyone remember what the last infraction on pool board was for.

you're leaving because of your own problems, dont shunt the blame onto others. the posters that have left that i am talking about are posters like bannor or redspider. posters that posted with quality everytime and would provide depth to said match/indident and that made the forum so much better, not random spammers who have watched too much eastenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

The soccer forum is a typical example of a system that has evolved rather than been designed. There are structures and systems and protocols and boxes for conversations and and and...

If you were going to sit down with a blank piece of paper / cyberspace and design a place where thousands of football fans can talk both within and outside team boundaries and with the minimum of friction would you design the soccer forum as it currently stands?

Some form of split is inevitable I would have thought but would it not make sense to try and design something right rather than just something better?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Put it this way.

Can anyone name another Soccer Forum/Board they post on that is better and as evenly balanced (fan wise) than the Boards.ie Soccer Forum?

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    no, they disappear when they feel like they are p1ssing in the wind and the volume of trolls outweighs the volume of quality :)

so basically you are admitting what we all know anyway and that you will troll the liverpool supporters on boards.ie no matter what? oh sorry, you are going to be "offering a different opinion". gotcha

this is the underlying problem of the soccer forum - useless crap trolls. if the mods had the balls to come down hard on the select few i think they will find the new users will stop following the examples set and there will be less trolling in general. this would mean that the forum could stay in the exact same structure with less of the problems being brought up here. its as simple as that

EHH where did I admit to anything of the sort?

I don't troll jazzy, ie post just to provoke a reaction. I'm not stupid, I know some of my posts do provoke a reaction from the over sensitive types like yer good self but tbh thats your problem not mine.

Would continually posting "DERP" as a reply to another posters contributions be considered as trolling I wonder? I never do anything as childish as that.

There are Liverpool supporters that don't take any offence from my posts, in fact some voted for me in the end of year awards.

This isn't about us so let's leave the personalites out of it and not derail this thread, we are all entitled to voice our opinions here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement