Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in Castlebar

Options
  • 21-02-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Taking my grandmother for lunch in castlebar at the weekend and need help finding a place. She's not into pub grub so was considering either lunch at Breaffy House or Days hotel. Any thoughts on these or any other recommendations.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭cheesey1

If it is Saturday you are taking her to Lunch try Rua on Spencer Street, 094 92 86072 - its open 9am to 6pm. You can't make reservations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

The TF Royal Hotel Hotel do a nice carvrey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Have to echo the Rua recommendation.....outstanding. They got a great mention in the Bridgestone guide recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Rua is nice but it can also get very crowded and noisy in there round lunchtime. Sometimes you have to share a table which i personally am not a fan of, especially if you want to have a chat.
    Days do a nice lunch, I take my Mum and Aunt (both in their 60s) there and they really like it. The dining area is quite nice and airy and the food is good and reasonably priced.
    Havent been out to Breaffy for lunch so cant comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Charlie 08

Thanks all. Will give Days a try!

• Advertisement
Advertisement