Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent-bike won't start :(

• 21-02-2010 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

So my fazer 600 was out in the frost without the cover on friday night, now it won't start, at first i could hear the ignition trying to start, but the more i tried to start the engine, the less it worked. Now all i get is this horrible 'errr' sound, not ignition sounds.
    Has the ignition motor broke? Or has the cold just drained the charge in my battery? Or is there ice inside the carbs and it won't start?

I'm gettin some jump leads of my brother, gonna try them in a bit, any advice guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sounds like the cold has killed the charge in the battery, Happens myself a bit which is why I bought a charger from lidl when they were going. A quick jump should have it come back to life hopefully!

Make sure to follow the usual caveats etc about jumping a bike off a car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Crisis averted, jump starting worked just grand, it was a dead charge, took it out for a spin up the n4, is this a sign of a dying battery? or does this happen to any battery in the cold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i say you could be right about the battery been on its way out,,i had a similar issues when i had my rs 125,the battery wud die after a few days no use and wouldnt start off the button but a quick bump and it would fire up as it was light to push on yer own,can get frustrating tho yeno

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

had to get a jump start this morning, bike was frozen solid :o

Advertisement