Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MW2 MegaBitch thread

• 21-02-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

At the suggestion of ronanc here, this thread is for people to post their rants, complaints and anything negative about MW2, IW, Activision etc.

Please confine such thoughts to this thread, we need a more positive tone in general in the forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I hate MW2 and I have gone back to a decent game. Hello Kitty Adventure Island how I missed your sweet innocence and lack of noob tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

MW2 is a shadow of it's predecessor i've gone back to playing MW1 a truly awesome awesome game in comparison to this sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Thread title needs immediate edit to "Rb vs campers MegaBitch Thread" imo.

EDIT: I love the game

UBER EDIT: I actually think this thread could work very well along the lines of the (once vibrant) BBV thread, stickied at the top of the poker forum.

Thread title needs immediate edit to "Rb vs campers MegaBitch Thread" imo.

EDIT: I love the game

UBER EDIT: I actually think this thread could work very well along the lines of the (once vibrant) BBV thread, stickied at the top of the poker forum.

get out of here if you love the game :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I'm Activision, and Tactical Insertions were my idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

In fairness to the game since the glitches were fixed it has become more enjoyable. No matter what game you play online you're gonna come up against idiots and bad players.MW2 is a victim of its own success, so the percentage of idiots is obviously gonna be higher than a game like gow2 or whatever.
    Saying that though I ****ing hate campers and noobtubers. Never came across so much of it in any game.

oh man people get a megabitch thread and start praising the game in it :facepalm:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

your man Ken whats his face is making a sweet name for himself out of all this

or was he in the know pre COD MW2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I hate the matchmaking in it. Seriously, I cannot keep ending up in games with people who have prestiged more than once. I just keep getting slaughtered. Ended up in a Sub-base TDM last night, which had been going for about a minute (so I didn't know what levels people were or who was on my team). By the end of the match, I had 5 kills and 13 deaths.

The very next game I went into, Afghan TDM which had only just started, I finished with 19 kills and 8 deaths.

It's all over the place

ooooh look at me i can use supersonic speed a knife you from half a mile away even tho i've pumped half a mag into you, whatever d!ck came up with this perk deserves to knifed themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I hate the way it takes me half an hour before I actually get to play a game between failed migrations and lost connections. IW can lick the back of my ballsack before I'll buy another of their games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

People who spend an entire game creeping around with the riot shield wreck my buzz. Nothing funnier than seeing people scurrying away to retreat from the dude with the shield though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 N00binator

I hate campers,

seriously, I cant go into a rooom with out having to hear that ****ing noise of some 10 year old laughing through the mike

And i hate Justin Bieber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

if the game is migrated one more time during my predator missile and i lose it i will f***ing SNAP!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The amount of snipers tonight is ridiculous, game in quarry and I am not kidding there was ONE other guy on my team out of 5 that was using an assault rifle. ONE.

Of coarse every one twigs that they are all using sniper load outs and then it turns into one big camp fest.......... and they all stay in one place too. Twas like a scene from empire strikes back with all the wookie extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

What really annoys me is , people getting chopper gunner/ac130 in a care package . You could be having a really good tight game , then some bell-end that gets 3/4 kills in a row ends up winning the game for his team .

You shouldnt be able to get either of them in a care package

[QUOTE=Creasy_some bell-end that gets 3/4 kills in a row ends up winning the game for his team .[/QUOTE]

Bell-ends cant get 4 kills in a row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

If you hate the RAMBO class, which is the knife class.
    Marathon
    light weight
    commando

Then use it yourself!!

If someone is doing something you hate, dont moan and cry. Take their idea, and adapt it to your own. I do, and now have no problem with these little rambos! :p

Gman1 wrote: »
    If you hate the RAMBO class, which is the knife class.
    Marathon
    light weight
    commando

Then use it yourself!!

If someone is doing something you hate, dont moan and cry. Take their idea, and adapt it to your own. I do, and now have no problem with these little rambos! :p

do you know what this thread is for? :facepalm:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

ive noticed in the last while that sometimes people dont die when ye riddle them with bullets:mad: im using the scar h at the moment which has a strong shot but small round and the fcukers aint dying, anyone else coming across this i usually get killed by one bullet of them even though ive blasted them first with loads of bullets.

snipers wreck me head but credit where credits due some are good.

same maps constantly coming up on FFA and team deathmatch.

clowns crying when ye hide in a room and kill them!!

claymores not exploding.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

if the game is migrated one more time during my predator missile and i lose it i will f***ing SNAP!!!!!

Yeah happened during me getting an AC130 on rust :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I was playing FFA last night running around could not find anyone thought my connection was broke. I checked the board and there was 6 others playing. Would you believe 6 fuking boosters in one game. I found and killed 2 of them and got a message telling me to leave.. That did not happen. I checked the regular hiding spots for these ***** and killed all of them. I managed to win the match by one kill.

Next match the all thought they would be smart and gang up on me. They camped the building in rundown. I was killed 2 times then switched to noob tube, blew them out of it. When they respawned they tried to run back but I would not let them. I did not win because they all left and I was in the match by myself. I have to say while boosters are pricks there is just something so sweet about killing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Yeah happened during me getting an AC130 on rust :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What really p1sses me off is when you have airsupport out and it goes to host migration. You are sitting there with the clock counting down before the game restarts, and you can hear your Harrier/PaveLow etc hovering above. It's using up it's 45/60 seconds in the air, with zero people to kill!!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

major bill wrote: »
    ive noticed in the last while that sometimes people dont die when ye riddle them with bullets:mad: im using the scar h at the moment which has a strong shot but small round.

Actually, the Scar-H has the largest round out of all the assault rifles in the game along with the FAL, 7.62x51mm. The AK takes a 7.62x39mm. All the others take a 5.56mm round. And the problem with hits not counting is because the damage indicator can sometimes be unreliable (yet another problem, surprise, surprise...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Mark92

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Actually, the Scar-H has the largest round out of all the assault rifles in the game along with the FAL, 7.62x51mm. The AK takes a 7.62x39mm. All the others take a 5.56mm round. And the problem with hits not counting is because the damage indicator can sometimes be unreliable (yet another problem, surprise, surprise...)
    He meant magazine size I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Died on a 24 streak tonight by a noobtuber, not complaining about noobtubes but ****, it sucked.

Still chasing a nuke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

I have a Intervention, I have stopping power, I have FMJ.

I shoot you in the chest, all I get is a hit marker and I normally die chasing you, WTF ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

SeanKev wrote: »
    I have a Intervention, I have stopping power, I have FMJ.

I shoot you in the chest, all I get is a hit marker and I normally die chasing you, WTF ?

This.

I was watching a show on the Discovery Channel or something and a Barrett bullet is a killshot to the gut from 2 and a half miles away and for some reason when I quickscope some guy from point blank range he doesn't die :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Liam O wrote: »
    This.

I was watching a show on the Discovery Channel or something and a Barrett bullet is a killshot to the gut from 2 and a half miles away and for some reason when I quickscope some guy from point blank range he doesn't die :mad:

lol the barret takes a 50 cal round! If an actual 50 cal round hits you anywhere your down no question. A 50 cal round will REMOVE a limb it hits.

The one on the right is a 9 mm pistol round.....the one on the left is the 50 cal

20mm_Vulcan.jpg

If you wanted ultra realistic damage the game would be a disaster.
    Shot to the leg.... down....but alive.....
    single shot to the chest trunk or head no matter the round..... dead.
    Beat someone to death with a gun ..... far more than 2 strikes.

play dragon rising if you want realism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

hightower1 wrote: »
    If you wanted ultra realistic damage the game would be a disaster.
    Shot to the leg.... down....but alive.....
    single shot to the chest trunk or head no matter the round..... dead.
    Beat someone to death with a gun ..... far more than 2 strikes.

play dragon rising if you want realism.

i understand where you are coming from but fact is snipers are hugely underpowered in relation to assault rifles. It can take 2 sniper bullets to kill sometimes with Stopping power but one 3 round burst with a FAMAS or M16 normally does the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭jmcc

i understand where you are coming from but fact is snipers are hugely underpowered in relation to assault rifles. It can take 2 sniper bullets to kill sometimes with Stopping power but one 3 round burst with a FAMAS or M16 normally does the trick.
    Well it is a game with the p2p netcode written by cretins who seem to think that every network connection is perfect. The game itself has been turned into an arcade game by mickey mouse console writers who hate dedicated servers. Did you really expect it to be accurate?

Regards...jmcc

This.

Well the Discovery Channel show featured real weapons firing real bullets. The Barrett fires a big bullet which leaves an even bigger hole in the target when it exits and it drags along a lot of meat and viscera in the process. You don't fast scope a Barrett in real life and you don't run around shooting with it like it is an M16. It is a big weapon (roughly four to six feet long depending on the model) - probably bigger than a lot of the people who play MW2. Even the Intervention is going to be about four feet in length.

What you are playing is a computer game. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I have never, ever understood kill streaks. Having someone on your team who can get 10 kills in a row is advantage enough, you don't need an AC130 or whatever on top of it. It just causes games to snowball and gives one good player on a team far too much input. Whoever came up with the idea of a nuke is a bloody idiot and has no concept of what made COD a great game in the past."Noobs" (god I hate that word) get a hard enough time anyway, it's worse when they further contribute to a team's defeat by giving away easy steak awards.

The matchmaking in no way helps them either. It was possible to find servers that were well admined that were for new players. It was possible to find servers that focused on certain maps. It was possible to find servers that had multiple gametypes instead of having to leave and find a new server everytime you want something different. Matchmaking is by far the biggest problem with MW2 for anyone wh doesn't solely concentrate on one gametype. Different maps lend themselves well to different gametypes, and a nice server rotation was the best thing you could find. I found servers I liked in the past, played on them a lot and actually got to know the people who frequented them. That community aspect is completely gone now. That is by far my biggest problem with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the IW muppets have to hire extra security to prevent people kicking the crap out of them if they attend any shows or events. They have completely ruined the community element of the game. They have also facilitated cheaters and other assorted scum. On a well adminned server, such scum could be deepsixed easily. Now it is wide open to the problems - problems that had been largely solved through community interaction.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fully agree with the latest replies to this thread.

My pet hates are :

They dumbed the game down so much to appeal to the kids on console [ i realise not all console users are kids :) i play the 360 at times myself with my son ]
    I agree its just a game but they just dumbed it right down to an arcade mess.
    I could go on and on about all the silly perks,dual weapons,silly accuracey etc but my biggest issues are

1. I have never come across such abuse and anger in all my 15 or so years of online gaming,it is rampant and absolutely nothing decent folk can do about it except leave the game.
    If we had dedicated servers these morons would not be so evident.

2. IW totally wrecked a vibrant commmunity that actually played as a team and turned it in to individuals who only seek self gratification with their never ending quest for killstreaks.

Having said that i do play the odd game for a quick blast and enjoy it but it is someway down the list of online first person shooters for me.
    At times you can get a good game going with decent people who play as a team and it can be fun but sadly with matchmaking its only too rare.
    Again i refer to dedicated servers because our clan used to run servers for various games including the COD series and literally having hundreds of like minded regulars visiting our servers.
    You were guaranteed good teamplay in a friendly atmosphere.
    We were just one small community amongst the massive community as a whole.
    This is gone now with MW2 unfortunately.

I spotted this video over on the pc forum for bad company2 , gave me a lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I have never, ever understood kill streaks. Having someone on your team who can get 10 kills in a row is advantage enough, you don't need an AC130 or whatever on top of it. It just causes games to snowball and gives one good player on a team far too much input. Whoever came up with the idea of a nuke is a bloody idiot and has no concept of what made COD a great game in the past."Noobs" (god I hate that word) get a hard enough time anyway, it's worse when they further contribute to a team's defeat by giving away easy steak awards.

The matchmaking in no way helps them either. It was possible to find servers that were well admined that were for new players. It was possible to find servers that focused on certain maps. It was possible to find servers that had multiple gametypes instead of having to leave and find a new server everytime you want something different. Matchmaking is by far the biggest problem with MW2 for anyone wh doesn't solely concentrate on one gametype. Different maps lend themselves well to different gametypes, and a nice server rotation was the best thing you could find. I found servers I liked in the past, played on them a lot and actually got to know the people who frequented them. That community aspect is completely gone now. That is by far my biggest problem with it.

ha ha if my team looses it doesnt bother me all that much . just once I win im happy (ie biggest kill/death ratio). but i agree with the whole kill streak thing maybe at least improve the death streaks to help a little . i was thinking about increased ammo for stingers and such but then we'd have to make a new thread complaining about people spamming missle launchers

Jackobyte wrote: »
    He meant magazine size I reckon.

Well he said round, so I presumed he was talking about bullets. :)

Looks like the game is gonna be totally fecked over the next few weeks. Some one posted a while back a vid showing new glitches on the pc. It was suspected that none of these would arise on the consoles. been reading about them on other forums and a few people saying that they saw them on the 360 , with a lot of people saying they were lying and that it was impossible. A chap that I know fairly well was adament that he was in a game where they were used and up until last night I didn't believe him. I came across a guy floating and coming through the walls. Thought at first that it was just a weird glitch and wasn't deliberate until after the game where the guy had a kd of 40 and 0 and was bragging about god mode. HE left the party after that.
    Now I'm not a 100% still if these new glitches are online as I haven't come across all of them my self yet. Some are saying that a small number from some clan have the glitches but will not release them openly as they want to keep using them just for themselves. However, the nature of this ****e is that it'll propbably pop up on some site over the next few weeks and then every ahole will be using them and MW2 will be forever broken. I myself plan on getting rid of it soon enough and getting Bad Company 2 as an alternative similar shooter to keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Meatwad wrote: »
    A chap that I know fairly well was adament that he was in a game where they were used and up until last night I didn't believe him. I came across a guy floating and coming through the walls. Thought at first that it was just a weird glitch and wasn't deliberate until after the game where the guy had a kd of 40 and 0 and was bragging about god mode. HE left the party after that.

You mean something like this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Super speed lobbies seems to be back. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭noshankus

Super speed lobbies seems to be back. :mad:

Pardon my ignorance, but what are super speed lobbies? Is this a XBox JTAG'd lobby where the intermission is reduced/gone? I.e. not available on the PS3 lobbies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

noshankus wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but what are super speed lobbies? Is this a XBox JTAG'd lobby where the intermission is reduced/gone? I.e. not available on the PS3 lobbies?

if only . no super speed entails everyone moving hundreds of times (slight exageration maybe lol) faster than they should . and also sliding a lot too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

is this the start of the glitches again? was in one of these games the other nite. quit straight away couldn't be bothered with messed up games

I was in a game last night, adn I don't know it it was a cheat or a glitch, or what, but at the very start of the gameon highrise when we all spawned someone from the opposite team ran into the room straight away and went about stabbing us as we spawned. He effectively started the game with 6 kills. :mad:

Quazzie wrote: »
    I was in a game last night, adn I don't know it it was a cheat or a glitch, or what, but at the very start of the gameon highrise when we all spawned someone from the opposite team ran into the room straight away and went about stabbing us as we spawned. He effectively started the game with 6 kills. :mad:
    Happened to me a few times, heard some one say alright that its some respawn glitch. It could be of course that he ran to the room in time and got ye all. But doubt it.

Meatwad wrote: »
    It could be of course that he ran to the room in time and got ye all. But doubt it.
    He would've had to make it all the way across Highrise in about 2 seconds. I was ready for the countdown, in so that I had my class selected so as it soon as it hit 0 I was in the game, and he arrived about a second later.

Terminal in the corner

two guys boosting

two other guys defending the boosters

next game Skidrow in the corner

two guys boosting

next game Wasteland in the house

two guys boosting

fooking muppets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

can somebody tell me this..what exactly is the point of Nuke Boosting, and why do people do it?

callaway92 wrote: »
    can somebody tell me this..what exactly is the point of Nuke Boosting, and why do people do it?
    Cause they're too sh!*ty to get a legit nuke

• Advertisement
Advertisement