Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madcatz SE Problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can someone confirm it's OBSF-30 buttons I'd need for my HRAP?

Think I'll get six of them and two plugs.

Then nobody can complain about my stick again, except for those pansy SE owners who can't lift a decent weight stick!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can someone confirm it's OBSF-30 buttons I'd need for my HRAP?

Think I'll get six of them and two plugs.

Then nobody can complain about my stick again, except for those pansy SE owners who can't lift a decent weight stick!

I quite like your stick, it's just waiting 25 minutes to start a fight as you figure the buttons I don't like :D

For future reference, from top to bottom it goes like this on the config screen.

MP
    HP
    MK
    NF
    LP
    LK
    HK
    NF

This is for the left six buttons.

When I put new buttons in, I'll correct the O/R1 switch and it'll be:

MP
    HP
    MK
    HK
    LP
    LK
    NF
    NF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

you should write that on the actual stick itself somewhere :p

I think I might use the right six buttons when I mod it so it'll just be Arcade Type B I think.

• Advertisement

How come you can't just make it the default controller type A anyway?

Sisko wrote: »
    How come you can't just make it the default controller type A anyway?

Because that's a lot of hassle and it's really annoying having buttons labeled incorrectly.

I see I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey guys, I'm back.

All the lads with broken SE's, looks like you lucked out & got the dreaded "Madcatz PCB" syndrome -- basically Madcatz cheaped out on the production of their SE/TE PCBs & it can just randomly die. Happened to me, too, hence why my SE is a ghetto stick with a 15-pin connector.
    It's also why I'm wary of dual-mods using their SE/TE PCB (the one from their pads is fine though).

@chopper: probably too late, but yes Sanwa OBSF-30 fits you HRAP perfectly. IIRC Seimitsu PS-14-G (or maybe PS-15) would be closer in feel to the standard buttons though (similar microswitches).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Jim wrote: »
    The stick on my SE stick has stopped working. No inputs are registering on PC or Xbox, however the buttons work fine.

I've taken the thing apart and can't find the problem at all. All the connectors from the PCB look fine and there appears to be no damage to the PCB itself (although I'm not an expert on these things) Also, if the PCB was damaged it would unusual for all the inputs to stop working at once (?).

Anyone have any ideas what else could be wrong?
    Probably a little late but I've just modded my madcatz se with 6 sanwa buttons and sanwa stick. Put it all back together to find i can no longer do up movements, all other movements and buttons are fine. Thought the wiring harness might be damage cause that's the only part of the stick that was really messed around with. That or the pcb has gone bad but i didn't touch it.

Spent about 2-3 testing stuff with a multimeter. It turned out that it was the wiring hardness. Notice one of the connectors in the hardness looked different, pulled the wire out, put it back in, up direction working now. So problem could be that for you too. That thing seems fragile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement