Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 - Olympia - May 7th..

Options
  • 21-02-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey guys i'm just posting this to ask a question.. you know on Tiesto's ticket page on ticketmaster , in "Please Note" it says "Over 18's - I.D Required"... so i go to the Deadmau5 page, and it says no such thing.. does anyone know if Deadmau5 is all ages, 14s+ or what? any reply is highly appreciated !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

The last one was 18+,if it says nothing on the ticket I assume its just regular 16+. What time is the show on at? Sometimes the ones that are on alt like 23:00 are 18+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

I'm going to this myself and there is no mention of over 18's, ID required etc on my ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What would the Olympia be like for a dance event like this?
    I've been in the upper circle for gigs before but not dance ones. Would everyone be standing/dancing up there or would you be forced to sit down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 paddy1993

hey guys, thanks a million for the replies... so are ye thinkin' its gonna be 16s+ ??? here's the link for those of you who are wondering ...
    its a 21:30 kick off.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004449B8003AFB?artistid=971716&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=201

oh and the Olympia gig hasn't been posted on his website either (http://www.deadmau5.com/shows/)

so is this a genuine concert as it's not listed or what?

• Advertisement

paddy1993 wrote: »
    oh and the Olympia gig hasn't been posted on his website either (http://www.deadmau5.com/shows/)

so is this a genuine concert as it's not listed or what?

sorry to be spamming ye lads but, it is announced, there's an ad on the left and it's marked on his location map on the bottom of the homepage...
    no words about age restrictions though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I've seen him twice before here, in Tripod and The Academy, both were over 18's, so I'd imagine it would be the same for this. Although it does say the time on tickermaster as 21:00 I think, when it's usually 23:00 I think, but that may have something to do with it being in the Olympia. Don't want the place riddle with kids!!

Sorry

Oh and it is a genuine gig, saw the advert for it on his site a while back.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    What would the Olympia be like for a dance event like this?
    I've been in the upper circle for gigs before but not dance ones. Would everyone be standing/dancing up there or would you be forced to sit down?

I'd imagine everyone will be up dancing around, really cant see people sitting at all.

hey thanks for all your help man! next step is to ring the olympia !!!
    by any chance does your username stand for Shannon RFC?

hey thanks for all your help man! next step is to ring the olympia !!!
    by any chance does your username stand for Shannon RFC?

Shamrock Rovers man.

Yeah, good idea to ring the olympia and find out. Ask em whats the story with it saying 21:30 on the tickets? Ask is it going to open till 2:30am like most dance gigs or is this an earlier thing and post what they say back here!

• Advertisement

well it says "2 am" on deadmau5' website... so i dunno what the craic is..

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Im going to this as well, but i'm very skeptical about how good a venue the Olympia will be. How can it be any use for a dance gig!??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

for all attending this gig the doors are opening at 9:30 and the show runs till 2:30am

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Olympia afaik is usually over 18's.

for all attending this gig the doors are opening at 9:30 and the show runs till 2:30am

Quality! Just what I wanted to hear! :) How'd you know though?

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Quality! Just what I wanted to hear! :) How'd you know though?

But , SRFC, i knew that!! it says "doors 9:30" on ticketmaster, and "until 2.30 am" on http://deadmau5.com !!!

can ANYONE tell me if this gig is age limited or not? surely somebody must know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭lanyonwhites

But , SRFC, i knew that!! it says "doors 9:30" on ticketmaster, and "until 2.30 am" on http://deadmau5.com !!!

But that could just be going by general times and nothing official. It'll be a nice long night if it's open from 9:30 till 2:30!

My next concern is where to get a drink. The Olympia is a theatre, not a club, so there'll be nowhere serving drinks unless something temp is put up which I doubt. Could be crazy if everyone had to go out to the lobby to get a drink mixing with people coming in etc.

Ya really need to get ringing them and asking these questions!! ;):D

But that could just be going by general times and nothing official. It'll be a nice long night if it's open from 9:30 till 2:30!

My next concern is where to get a drink. The Olympia is a theatre, not a club, so there'll be nowhere serving drinks unless something temp is put up which I doubt. Could be crazy if everyone had to go out to the lobby to get a drink mixing with people coming in etc.

Ya really need to get ringing them and asking these questions!! ;):D

i'll ring them tomorrow and dictate the answers into a post on this thread

proof?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AdamTheDub

Anybody wanna swap a standing ticket for a seated one? I'm ordering mine tonight.

i'll ring them tomorrow and dictate the answers into a post on this thread

any word!?

any word!?

just rang omg omg omg omg
    he's 16s...
    omg

I actually rang too, its a regular 14's plus event apparently?

AdamTheDub wrote: »
    I actually rang too, its a regular 14's plus event apparently?

well your one i was into was callin' him deadman...
    but she confirmed it with someone else and she said "well if there's nothing on the tickets or on ticketmaster about age or ID you're grand if you're 16"

im 16 so i'm good to go thank ****:)

im 16 so i'm good to go thank ****:)

A man after my own heart :D Im 16 aswell, no standing tickets left, im ragin' :(

AdamTheDub wrote: »
    A man after my own heart :D Im 16 aswell, no standing tickets left, im ragin' :(

i dont give four ****s!!! ill hit the balcony if i have to :D

16's alright I suppose, did ya ask about what time it'll finish and drinking situations man!?

16's alright I suppose, did ya ask about what time it'll finish and drinking situations man!?

9.00 doors i think.. he has like 4 support acts on his UK tour... so i'm guessing that'll come to ireland as we're like the days b4/after the uk... drinking...maybe as it's a theatre.

• Advertisement

Not sure man, when he was in The Academy he didn't have his light set up that ya can see he brings round with him on his UK gigs, I'd say it costs too much too haul it over here usually with only 24hours between one gig and another to transport it and set it up, aswell as the bringing people to set it up. Same with the support acts, doubt if we'll see them over here, although I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe the fact he's having it in the Olympia is that he'll be able to do this!

Advertisement