Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 - Olympia - May 7th..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 paddy1993

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Not sure man, when he was in The Academy he didn't have his light set up that ya can see he brings round with him on his UK gigs, I'd say it costs too much too haul it over here usually with only 24hours between one gig and another to transport it and set it up, aswell as the bringing people to set it up. Same with the support acts, doubt if we'll see them over here, although I hope I'm wrong.

Maybe the fact he's having it in the Olympia is that he'll be able to do this!

yeah, but honestly The Mau5 is not gonna be standing for 6 and a half hours. cmon lads let's be reasonable anseo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

paddy1993 wrote: »
    yeah, but honestly The Mau5 is not gonna be standing for 6 and a half hours. cmon lads let's be reasonable anseo

Oh yeah I know, I mean it'll just be some Billy Bob playing and most likely not any of those supporting acts. Really hope it goes on until 2:30, and now that I think of it, maybe the fact it opens so early might be to let those acts all play!?

Hmmmm, not sure!

Oh yeah I know, I mean it'll just be some Billy Bob playing and most likely not any of those supporting acts. Really hope it goes on until 2:30, and now that I think of it, maybe the fact it opens so early might be to let those acts all play!?

Hmmmm, not sure!

yeah, never know what surprises the Mau5 is hiding in those ears !

have ye all been following his Stick AM and his Rukes?

great ways to keep up to date with equipment etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

where would I start if I want to get into deadmau5, heard a few songs and was impressed, what album should i start off on etc;

Jordonvito wrote: »
    where would I start if I want to get into deadmau5, heard a few songs and was impressed, what album should i start off on etc;

Random Album Title
    For Lack Of A Better Name

and then once you start to appreciate where he's coming from try his older albums like :

Vexillology
    Get Scraped

then try some live mixes to see what you're in for May 7th :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Random Album Title
    For Lack Of A Better Name

and then once you start to appreciate where he's coming from try his older albums like :

Vexillology
    Get Scraped

then try some live mixes to see what you're in for May 7th :D

thanks, wont be there for that gig though, the funds would be low enough, had to but Rage tickets:D, maybe Deadmau5 will be at oxegen

Jordonvito wrote: »
    thanks, wont be there for that gig though, the funds would be low enough, had to but Rage tickets:D, maybe Deadmau5 will be at oxegen

doubt he'll be at oxegen. he's wrapping up his "For Lack Of A Better Name" tour in may/june and then going to raise his Baby Mau5 that he's having with the blonde bombshell (his assistant) Jessi.

doubt he'll be at oxegen. and then going to raise his Baby Mau5 that he's having with the blonde bombshell (his assistant) Jessi.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

im just going by what i read on the net man

so guys, it looks like im headin up with a few friends...
    btw THANK YOU ALL for your help, inputs etc!! very helpful!!

but now we need to sort transportation?
    can anybody suggest a trustable mini-bus company?
    one that will bring us up , and back down the same night?

thanks

and HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

you really think the olympia will perform til half two, i work at most gigs as stage crew in the academy and olympia, and i have never seen a gig go past 11.30, they get fined if they play later.

I also question the age... with a bar there isnt it illegal to have underagers there after a certain time?

you really think the olympia will perform til half two, i work at most gigs as stage crew in the academy and olympia, and i have never seen a gig go past 11.30, they get fined if they play later.

I also question the age... with a bar there isnt it illegal to have underagers there after a certain time?

ok, i'll believe you on the time part....
    but i rang the olympia. they told me 16's are grand, as it says nothing on the tickets/ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

but now we need to sort transportation?
    can anybody suggest a trustable mini-bus company?
    one that will bring us up , and back down the same night?

As in a mini-van or mini-bus? If it's the latter I'd be saying get public transport and stay overnight in Dublin, probably work out cheaper. If it's a mini-bus just look locally for one.

As in a mini-van or mini-bus? If it's the latter I'd be saying get public transport and stay overnight in Dublin, probably work out cheaper. If it's a mini-bus just look locally for one.

i have it sorted. but thanks i'll keep that in mind for l8r :)

bought 2 tickets tonight lads :D , am i killing this thread or do ye care?

Still intrigued at to how this'll go, how late he'll play, drinks being served with under 18's being allowed in and all that jazz. Wish someone could clear it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Would like to see him live again but glad I didn't get a ticket for this. Ridiculous price, will be full of kids, will finish early and I really don't think the Olympia will be a good venue for this kind of show.

The Academy often have acts going on until 2:30am (mostly DJs), obviously get a late licence in for those.

so guys i got my ticket...Circle..Row 1 Seat 5....
    can anybody tell me if thats at the front or back?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RachDxxx

oooh im so excited me and 3 girls are heading to it we cannot WAIT! thinking of booking into a hostel anyone reccomend any ones near to there??;)

RachDxxx wrote: »
    oooh im so excited me and 3 girls are heading to it we cannot WAIT! thinking of booking into a hostel anyone reccomend any ones near to there??;)

well jury's inn is listed as the closest parking...so i'd say closest accomadation

• Advertisement

turns out my row is I not 1.....

thats about half way back the (Lower) circle... thats grand as it doesn't go that far back. :pac:...

anyone have any idea what time this is gonna be over?! it says 2 am ... but its hardly gonna close that late..

i think this is very bad as theres no insight as to what time Deadmau5 is actually gonna be playing at and how many supporting acts (if any) are gonna play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

turns out my row is I not 1.....

thats about half way back the (Lower) circle... thats grand as it doesn't go that far back. :pac:...

anyone have any idea what time this is gonna be over?! it says 2 am ... but its hardly gonna close that late..

i think this is very bad as theres no insight as to what time Deadmau5 is actually gonna be playing at and how many supporting acts (if any) are gonna play.
    I doubt it'll go on until 2am in the Olympia. His sets are usually an hour and a half long though. If no support acts have been announced at this stage I doubt it's anyone special.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joeys94

for those who want this to be cleared up i hope i can help by sayin i rang ticketmaster and they said all u.16 's accompanied by over 18 so im guessin you will be alright."7th MAY CANT WAIT --- SEE YOU THER:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

seen deadmau5 last october supported by groove armada, pete tong and timo maas, amazing gig! i hope to see him again soon in amsterdam, enjoy the gig guys! it's well worth it

Joeys94 wrote: »
    for those who want this to be cleared up i hope i can help by sayin i rang ticketmaster and they said all u.16 's accompanied by over 18 so im guessin you will be alright."7th MAY CANT WAIT --- SEE YOU THER:D

FFFUUUUU.... are you sure? because i rang the olympia which is where the actual gig is on and they said 16s are grand..no word of 18 yos...jesus i wish they actually specified what the **** was actually happening.

:pac:........

FFFUUUUU.... are you sure? because i rang the olympia which is where the actual gig is on and they said 16s are grand..no word of 18 yos...jesus i wish they actually specified what the **** was actually happening.

:pac:........

Well yeah thats what they said.. and from what iv heard from others its a standard 16's or 14's .:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Exam at 9 the next day. Lame

Joeys94 wrote: »
    Well yeah thats what they said.. and from what iv heard from others its a standard 16's or 14's .:)

phew.. sher if thats what it comes to just walk in with sumone :)
    thanks man :)

phew.. sher if thats what it comes to just walk in with sumone :)
    thanks man :)

No boders . :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

id imagine anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied once alcohol is served like most gigs in ireland. maybe the bar will be 21+ like the o2 as a result? the olympia has a theatre license which means it can go on fairly late id imagine, but with under 18s there that might not matter.

Advertisement