Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadmau5 - Olympia - May 7th..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

you really think the olympia will perform til half two, i work at most gigs as stage crew in the academy and olympia, and i have never seen a gig go past 11.30, they get fined if they play later.

You mean you don't remember Midnight at the Olympia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dublingurl***

oh i have a ticket.. i didnt no it was going to be an underaged concert....

does any one know if the bars will be open there? and what time exactly it will close at ?? im so confused no one knows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Less than 2 weeks until this, wish the olympia would sort out details, alcohol situation with there seeming to be no age limit aswell as how late it'll go on until.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

MCD **Little Reminder** Deadmau5 is an Over 18s show - please bring your ID!
    about a minute ago · Comment · Like

From their facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Bit of a joke that they only announced that it's over 18s now. Also Ricardo Villalobos went on until 2:30am in the Olympia so I'd say this could too, especially now since it's 18s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

At the start they didn`t say it was over 18s,what are people supposed to do now? Hopefully you can get in,use your brothers I.D or something! Or just wing it and if they ask you say it is mentioned nowhere on the ticket that it is an 18+ show.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chazz Reinhold

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Awww for a second I read it as being Mogwai! Dang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gunty

Can’t wait for the gig now, I just hope the bars stay during the night anyone know if they are???. Also delighted it’s an over 18's as it would have been full off under age kids (no offence meant to anyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joeys94

Im a huge fan of the Mau5 and ive been looking forward to this concert for months and was told it was 16's then the other day found out it was 0ver 18's , anyone able to help me out here?

• Advertisement

Joeys94 wrote: »
    Im a huge fan of the Mau5 and ive been looking forward to this concert for months and was told it was 16's then the other day found out it was 0ver 18's , anyone able to help me out here?

Dont mean to sound harsh mate, but what can anyone do to help you?

I agree that its bad organisation from them not announcing the age from the start. My advice would be to try get ID from an older brother or friend if possible or else just sell your ticket.

Yeah i have an ID but do you know how strict they are with them up there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gazc23

do they take the seats out of the upper circle??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

gazc23 wrote: »
    do they take the seats out of the upper circle??
    I highly doubt it, they don't want people pushing from the back and people falling over the edge at the front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gunty

Just watching some videos on youtube from his gig in the O2, wow! its gonna be a good night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Joeys94 wrote: »
    Yeah i have an ID but do you know how strict they are with them up there ?

Not that strict last time I was there a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

It's not over 18's. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

SeanKev wrote: »
    It's not over 18's. :)

It appears that it isn't. I was on MCD.ie's website yesterday and it had it listed as 18's, but now it doesn't. Doesn't really bother me too much in anyways. I suppose its cool that those underagers can see him. Ah well, it'll be one hell of a night.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

moguai is the support :)

check him out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbfi8W-v6C8&feature=related

just great

So does anyone know yet what time the Olympia is gonna kick us out at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Wish I could go :(. Whoever is going make sure to make some videos :)

So does anyone know yet what time the Olympia is gonna kick us out at?

Well is was origonally 2:30 but im not sure . Ill give them a ring tomorrow and let u know .

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

TIckets sold out. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:(

Dying to go to this

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Great night though, but the place was RIDDLED with underaged kids. It was a bit too much, and there was a good bit of dealing going on in the jacks as well.

There should have been a bit more security I reckon.

But overall, I had a brilliant time. I was surprised at how good the Olympia was, but I'd say it'd be pretty crap if I was in the upstairs areas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

ye i was asked if i wanted " te buy any gear " i just laughed haha

great night i thought n i dint like the hole underage thing bit ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

was regretting not going last night but every vid on youtube has "whoop there it is" or "woop woop woo" goin in the background........would of done my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Hackysack wrote: »
    Great night though, but the place was RIDDLED with underaged kids. It was a bit too much, and there was a good bit of dealing going on in the jacks as well.

There should have been a bit more security I reckon.

But overall, I had a brilliant time. I was surprised at how good the Olympia was, but I'd say it'd be pretty crap if I was in the upstairs areas.
    df1985 wrote: »
    was regretting not going last night but every vid on youtube has "whoop there it is" or "woop woop woo" goin in the background........would of done my head in.

Two issues with both points.

Please don't be so quick to blame the underage crowd ;) I know there were alot of drunk teenagers. Spare a thought for the ones who went and queued up early. To get to the front and appriciated it all. Yet were f*cked about the place by a massive drunken group of 20+ year olds in plait shirts. Who would actually go as far as hitting 16+17 year old's digs in the ribs for not moving away from the barriar.

Second the whoop whoop woo. Is awful i agree 100% i hate when we start ole ole chants and one more ch00n. My first deadmau5 gig, his performance was great. Some of the people i got talking to were brilliant. Yet it was us the irish that prompted him to go onto his facebook and complain about people ruining it for him and everyone else.

I more than likely won't be going to see him again in this country. I'll wait till i'm older and go and see it with people who can appriciate it for what it is. As opposed to knackers looking for fights, drink and " gear ".

and what is also annoying me is that the videos also show that type of fans went there. When if you type in some chords you get nothing. You just get dat new song or da first song....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Two issues with both points.

Please don't be so quick to blame the underage crowd ;) I know there were alot of drunk teenagers. Spare a thought for the ones who went and queued up early. To get to the front and appriciated it all. Yet were f*cked about the place by a massive drunken group of 20+ year olds in plait shirts. Who would actually go as far as hitting 16+17 year old's digs in the ribs for not moving away from the barriar.

Second the whoop whoop woo. Is awful i agree 100% i hate when we start ole ole chants and one more ch00n. My first deadmau5 gig, his performance was great. Some of the people i got talking to were brilliant. Yet it was us the irish that prompted him to go onto his facebook and complain about people ruining it for him and everyone else.
    I more than likely won't be going to see him again in this country. I'll wait till i'm older and go and see it with people who can appriciate it for what it is. As opposed to knackers looking for fights, drink and " gear ".

and what is also annoying me is that the videos also show that type of fans went there. When if you type in some chords you get nothing. You just get dat new song or da first song....

did he complain on facebook? im connected with him on facebook but cant see anything about him complaining? would be interested to find out what he said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ROTTING CHRIST

SDTimeout wrote: »

I think you've missed the boat in terms of waiting for that day. He played in tripod in october 2008 which was less than half the price of the olympia gig (because mcd hadn't got their greedy hands on him yet) and wasn't full of trendy "scene kids" ready to jump on the next big name. Well glad I avoided the olympia gig.

Advertisement