Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jack russell - gut spasms?

Options
  • 21-02-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Our jack russell was ill thursday night after eating too much food. We rarely give him leftovers but that evening he ate his own food (dry pet food) plus some leftovers of mash potato. He ended up being very ill during the night and vomiting :( The next day we gave him plenty of water and he mostly slept and was just not himself. :(

Saturday morning he was back to himself and was fine.

However, earlier today he vomited again. He is behaving as normal though. My mother was saying his gut may be spasmed due to the food sticking? Can this happen? Im very worried but my parents are not making a huge deal of it (he does seem fine). Earlier it was like he hiccuped and then it came up.

Just wondering what people think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sounds like he just over did it a bit, he should be fine.
    Mash is fine for dogs but the dairy that is added can upset their tums or if there was any onion which is not good for them, plain mash is fine though.

Just keep an eye on him, his tum will be sensative for a couple of days, trick is not to feed him too much very small meals of his dog food or boiled chicken and rice.

If he does get sick again tomorow or seems under the weather (keep an eye on his poops as well) he might need a trip to the vet. Just make sure he's drinking water as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I agree with Guinespigrescue - sounds like he over did it a bit. If they eat something they are not used to (just like us, think "deli belly") or eat too much at once they can get a dodgy belly for a few days. I wouldn't worry because he is acting normally and drinking well. With small meals for the next few days he should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

thanks everyone, he is great now :D

Advertisement