Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dns problem with eircom

• 21-02-2010 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Right so i have a netgear DG834PN modem,

Im trying to setup a static ip.

But whenever i change the ip and dns from "get from isp" to my own, the pages never load.

Im using the dns servers provided by eircom

Primary DNS:

and

Secondary DNS:

And ive picked the ip address 192.168.1.XX (xx = a number)

Ive also went into network connections and configd it to use the above details, That works fine, it all appears correctly in ipconfig /all.

So then i go back to change the netgear settings to the ones ive just confid but it never works, the netgear overrides the network connections if you understand, I dont understand why its not working, the dns servers are on the eircom website

Any help?
    thanks

NEVERMIND, JUST REALISED that you need to be on a busniess package and request one, Typical eircom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 V6DEC

How is this a eircom DNS problem?

Seems that you don't know the difference between DNS and Static/Dynamic IP assignments - misleading posts like this should be removed.

Advertisement