Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Taken from my Account

Options
  • 21-02-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hey, just tried booking a train ticket online and it wouldn't go through so I checked my account online and €350 was taken out of my account on Friday by a POS (Point of Sale). It doesn't give any details where the POS occured or by which visa card, just a blank line. Rang my bank there about it and they said they don't have any details either.

Could this be a mistake? Or has someone got my visa card details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Macca07 wrote: »
    Hey, just tried booking a train ticket online and it wouldn't go through so I checked my account online and €350 was taken out of my account on Friday by a POS (Point of Sale). It doesn't give any details where the POS occured or by which visa card, just a blank line. Rang my bank there about it and they said they don't have any details either.

Could this be a mistake? Or has someone got my visa card details?

The full details of the transaction should appear on your account Monday or Tuesday.

I am assuming you did not actually purchase any thing on friday for this amount, so it's either a scam, or a LATE transaction. Is there someone in the last month of so which never appear on your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Checked my account online again this morning, the transaction is gone, and my money is back.

Is there any way of finding out what this was or why it happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

I wouldn't worry about it, its happened to me lots of times.
    Just keep an eye on your account online, I've gotten into the habit of checking it every morning while eating my breakfast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

it was just annoying cause i had to pay 60euro for a train ticket at the train station yesterday morning when i could've got it for 20euro online.

I'll get in contact with my bank again about it.

i do check it daily alright

Advertisement