Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to cavan

Options
  • 22-02-2010 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hi guys
    im hopfully moving to caven for college in sept i was just wondering whats cavan town like itself ? friendly people ? much trouble? quiet? ect ect . i had a really bad experience the last place i moved so i should do a bit of reseach before i move. thanks for any info :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

I grew up about half an hour from Cavan town so I have spent a lot of time there. To be honest it's just ok, it has come on a lot in the past few years though. The people there are just like people anywhere else, some are nice, some aren't but I think you'll find that most people are great :)

There is a rough element in the town but you'll get that in any town to be honest, nothing to worry about.

The nightlife isn't too bad, a lot of people will go to Cavan town on a Saturday night. Once you get settled you'll soon realise what pubs to avoid, there are a few down towards the bottom of the town if my memory serves me (it has been a year or two since I've been out in Cavan) :)

All in all it isn't a bad town to live in and people I know that have gone to the college there have had a great time. Like anything else in life it's what you make it :D

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 glowglitter

thanks gagiteebo i wasnt expecting such a quick reply . where do ya think would be the best place to rent near the college???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Drumalee I'd imagine, walking distance to the college and near a supervalua and another shop that stays open till 12 each night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Is there a bit of trouble with a gang of young bucks up there at the moment, not unusual its everywhere these days.

Keep your head down work hard and you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

was a lot of reports last year about a few young lads, i moved to cavan almost 2 years ago and never saw any hassle, or know of anyone who did.

have to say cavan is one of the nicer and safer towns whan you you compare it to other towns of that size.

• Advertisement
Advertisement