Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will we ever get mag

• 22-02-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭

mag looks to be the best game of the year 256 PLAYER BTTLES FFS!!! but its a ps3 exclusive :(:mad: i heard from a friend that its coming to the xbox at a later date is this true i fair hope it is

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Its a first party exclusive to the PS3, so no. Your friend is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i think i'm going to kill him getting my hopes up like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i wouldn't call it best game of the year just because it has 256 players online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i wouldn't put it down either it's quite a feat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

it will only be good if people follow the basic rules. when people start air striking squads of 12 men on your own team thats when it will go to sh1t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I was just thinking this.. I don't think mag will come to xbox but I reckon in the next few years MS will want something along the same idea to compete with it.

The PS3 has shown 256 players in one game is possible.. Now its time for everyone to follow suit.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

MAg has shown it's possible to have 256 players, but not that it's particularly good! It's chaos because no one plays it properly. FPS games work better when there's a smaller more focused group who are willing to work as a team. WIth a huge number of people that's just never going to work. Quantity doesn't equal quantity, so don't worry, you're not really missing out all that much ;)

A better version of that would be if say, Halo Reach had 256 players split into 2 sides on maps just like hte level in the snow with the tank from Halo 1, where you come out of a tunnel into a huge battlw with tanks, banshees and soldiers already at war. That would lend itself to a huge number of players, no need for teamwork, just a giant set piece thats never the same and can be fun even when everyones just running around like an idiot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

no, you wont

and its not great tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

MAg has shown it's possible to have 256 players, but not that it's particularly good! It's chaos because no one plays it properly.

The majority of the games I've played people have played properly. Maybe one person wanders off on their own but that's their problem. You quickly realise that wandering off on your own doing your own thing gets you killed.

I've never enjoyed an online game as much as I've enjoyed MAG. Yes there's chaos, but it's a good kind of chaos when it's being played right. I literally started laughing yesterday while playing it because jsut as I'd defuse a bomb on our bunker there'd be one on the Anti-Air, then a team-mate to be revived within 60m of me. I was just running around gunning people down, defusing and reviving and it was damn exhilarating. 256 players just doing what they want would be an absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Agree with NotorietyH.

Also to answer someone above, if TL drops artillery on his own bunker he can easily be booted from the squad after a vote that takes about 5 seconds. Your welcome to run off on your own and be a douche to your hearts content but you really wont last long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Hopefully MS do a better a job at it.

I thought MAG was a load of pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It wont be out on xbox its made by zipper (socom guys) so i cant see them porting it unfortunetly.

It is a great game. They set themselves a huge goal to get 256 players on one map and not make it rubbish. And to tell the truth they did it.

You will find that the people that slag it off are just not any good at it. Ive seen some of the people slagging it off here saying things like "i still dont know what im supposed to be doing" !! Even though its highlighted on screen with a big red coloured A or B and its written in the top corner and you are told before the game and you are told during the game. If you still dont know what you are meant to be doing its not the game thats bad !!!:P

Some people get annoyed if every game that comes out isnt COD but as i said at the time if i wanted a game that looked/played/and felt like COD id would just play COD. I want something new.

I hope MS try to do something similar it is a very enjoyable experience. In the last few weeks ive got through Mass effect 2, Bioshock 2, heavy rain, darksiders and MAG and now the game i keep coming back to is MAG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Sure MS have blown 256 player online out of the water. I've been in 1 vs 100 games with 20,000+ people playing. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

rizzla wrote: »
    Sure MS have blown 256 player online out of the water. I've been in 1 vs 100 games with 20,000+ people playing. ;)

Pitty ya cant nuke them, or line up a lovley sniper head shot of the ONE when its an eegit!!

Advertisement