Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gigantic March Beers: Pre Exams, Alumni (Never happened), Hils is Home

• 22-02-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Now I know that the last beers wasn't all that long ago, but the college year is a swift and unreltenting passage of time and you'll all be off on your summer holidays in no time (or stuck in the library for exams). So there is need for beer.

The alumni boards beers didnt happen in the end and its a shame not to give it another shot. Here's a reminder of Time Magazine's winning introduction to the idea:
    Hear ye, hear ye!

Myself and one Agent Smith were recently reminiscing about the old days. The days of Date Crash Project; the days when SU candidates sent everyone emails via Student Finder; when this woman would help you out with condoms; when Nietzschean was the tyrannical () mod; when DURNS was called still DURNS and when Kate Moss sang at the Trinity Ball.

If any of the above makes sense to you, you have probably at this stage moved on in your life. The sort of people I'm talking about here, off the top of my head, are: Agent Smith, Crash, Ronny Mitchell, Stargal, Andrew_83, europerson, b.ie curious, Boston, xebec, Awayindahills, Shay_562, ilovemybrick, ApeXaviour, Nietzschean, Snorlax, cuckoo, kearnsr, John, Pet, Donal, Bartley.

And finally, and not to be missed, and Jonathon said he should be reminded, I'm home from 27th of Feb to 16th of March, and then 23rd-30th March.

So beers anyone? A date in the 2nd week of March perhaps? Anyone interested?

When would suit you for beers? 24 votes

Week 1st-7th of March [Reading Week]
    0% 0 votes
    Week 8th-14th of March
    16% 4 votes
    Week 22nd-28th of March
    50% 12 votes
    I don't do beers
    33% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Not the first week, we have reading week so doubt people will be bothered to wander in/will be at home "studying".. >_> Anything else is good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I'll try and make it up from the wilds whenever it's happening.

But bear in mind I'm off the booze for lent.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Seeing as it was originally my idea, i support this product and/or service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Ron DMC wrote: »
    I'll try and make it up from the wilds whenever it's happening.

But bear in mind I'm off the booze for lent.

We'll survive.

And yeah Agent Smith, I saw then when I was searching for the quote. Not my idea at all, just shame that the thread had to be closed and the plans sort of got lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

Mos def. Will be my first one, will be nice to put a face to all your lovely names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I shall be there, hopefully!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I've just edited the poll to point out the reading week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Not that I don't see you plenty anyway, but I think that middle week suits me best...as long as it's not the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Should be free whenever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Jonathan wrote: »
    I've just edited the poll to point out the reading week.

I didnt even think about reading weeks...they were always earlier and much more exclusive in my time.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Kewl. Im grand for whenever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

the third week in march would be good.

Boston wrote: »
    the third week in march would be good.

I have a reading week that week, thus it suits, but can we have it relatively early in the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I was only saying that for the lols, thats the one week hils aint here.

Boston wrote: »
    I was only saying that for the lols, thats the one week hils aint here.

I have a reading week the week before too, either suits tbh.....

Lack of hils is clearly a good thing though, seeing as I've never met her, who the fúck wants to meet strangers from the internet? What kinda of sick freak would want that.....

Not Thursday the 11th of March please, I'm apparently giving platelets that day.. and although I don't drink, I want to make sure I don't collapse at any point. >.<

8th or 9th?

Lets pick a day where meds/physio/nursing/dentistry students dont have an asessment the next morning though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Now I know that the last beers wasn't all that long ago, but the college year is a swift and unreltenting passage of time and you'll all be off on your summer holidays in no time (or stuck in the library for exams). So there is need for beer.

The alumni boards beers didnt happen in the end and its a shame not to give it another shot. Here's a reminder of Time Magazine's winning introduction to the idea:

And finally, and not to be missed, and Jonathon said he should be reminded, I'm home from 27th of Feb to 16th of March, and then 23rd-30th March.

So beers anyone? A date in the 2nd week of March perhaps? Anyone interested?

I thought the Alumni beers did happen, just that it ended in a fight?

Since next week seems to be a winner want to start throwing around ideas for dates?

Craguls wrote: »
    Since next week seems to be a winner want to start throwing around ideas for dates?

I'll probably be up that weekend so I can do pretty much any day, would prefer early in the week rather than later but I'll manage one way or another! :) I'll just throw.. Wednesday out there, not too picky though.

• Advertisement

*bumped* as a result of being nagged to do it.

This coming week had the most votes, but is such short notice ok with people? I can do any day Monday - Thursday of this week anyway. What suits everyone?

Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

I'm down. Probably should make it some day after Tuesday, just for practical matters of the likelihood of people seeing it and attending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Balls, assessment and spot exam this week. No can do.

Enjoy!

Wednesday's be the best day for me but I can do any day really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Larianne wrote: »
    Balls, assessment and spot exam this week. No can do.

Enjoy!

Rawrgh, blood pressure, eh? I'd forgotten about that!

*adds to list of two essays, spot exam, and baby visit, all to be done/studied for before Thursday*

...count me out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Definitely count me out too.
    This week is busy-busy-busy.

Also, A Neurotic and Larianne, don't sweat that assesment on Wednesday morning... I arrived late, did no study and was pretty damn sick (as in, not just hungover like) sitting my one and passed. And I'm not one of the bright students. It's by far the easiest exam yet.

Craguls wrote: »
    Wednesday's be the best day for me but I can do any day really.

I are in work till 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Could possibly do Thursday, maybe...mental busy week, sorry :(

Did I say wednesday? Sorry I ment Thursday >_>

Sure if people are too busy this week, we can put it off 'til next week or something perhaps?

I can do Thursday but I may be a tad late and tired! >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Rawrgh, blood pressure, eh? I'd forgotten about that!

*adds to list of two essays, spot exam, and baby visit, all to be done/studied for before Thursday*

...count me out.

Best of luck for tomorrow or wednesday. Whichever!
    bythewoods wrote: »
    Definitely count me out too.
    This week is busy-busy-busy.

Also, A Neurotic and Larianne, don't sweat that assesment on Wednesday morning... I arrived late, did no study and was pretty damn sick (as in, not just hungover like) sitting my one and passed. And I'm not one of the bright students. It's by far the easiest exam yet.

Yeah I've heard that. But I gotta ace these last two to bring up the average.

If beers being changed to next week I'll defo go.

Im good for next week.

Advertisement