Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education scheme -rent allowance??

Options
  • 22-02-2010 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,
    I will be on the back to education scheme this year , i am single parent (divorced) with 2 children. However my course is only available in Dublin(UCD) so i have to move sometime soon from County Wexford.
    My current rent is 625 pcm but the areas surrounding Dublin's bellfield campus is at least 1300+ for a 3bed.
    Has anybody on or have been on the back to education scheme?? and according to rent allowance i cannot rent anything that is more than 1,100e pcm how am i expected to do that in such a popular area?!
    I have known people in Wexford to sign rent allowance forms and do back handers to landlords but i am wondering if due to the high rents and moving for university purposes will the welfare allow you to go over the normal rent allowance figure due to the circumstances? and allow help from university funds to pay the couple of hundred extra? thats if uni fund will give for that sort of thing?
    I really do not want to be renting a ****ty house or rent in an undesirable area when i have my children to think of. I was thinking Monkstown/BlackRock or Rathgar if anyone else has any info on good areas with good primary/secondary schools close to UCD would also be a great help.
    Thankyou in advance!

Comments

Advertisement