Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband dropping connection on xbox live

• 22-02-2010 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

i am nearly sure that the problem lies with the router but maybe there is something i am missing.

somebody sufggested port forwarding to me. but i cant seem to access my router settings.

I am trying to do this wirelessly will i need to use a cable to connect straight to the modem ?

its a zyxel modem/router.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ok found the router but its protected by a password from eircom . never was given a password. anyone have any idea what it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rushdie

Password is Broadband1

thanks. got it sorted

ok wel got into the router and after trying everything. i am now going to try port forwarding.

but when i go to input the port number of xbox (3074) it wont let me.

also can anyone shed any light on this as in have you had the same problem and is there any good websites? i have tried portforward.com and got all the codes form them but still not working.

also it asks for default ip and server ip. i assume the server ip will be the xbox but what do i set the sefault ip as? the router?

thanks

Advertisement