Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning of twin lens camera

• 22-02-2010 1:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Any one know of a place where I could hand in my lubitel 166b + YashiMat 124g for a clean also the Yashi is giving me slight trouble on the shutter so would be looking to get this fixed. I take it Gunns would be the place to go ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

They'd give you advice, yep - I got a name and number off them a while back (which I've lost). Wouldn't clean though. By clean, what do you mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

sineadw wrote: »
    They'd give you advice, yep - I got a name and number off them a while back (which I've lost). Wouldn't clean though. By clean, what do you mean?

I think the shutter is sticking on the Yashic, I'd manage doing it myself but I keep thinking of a clock I took apart when I was younger !! :D:D

Cleaning the lens of each camera isnt all that hard, it would be nice to have someone who knows what they are doing to give them a once over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

I've a friend who refurbs vintage Leicas so this should be well within his capability. I can ask if it's a job he'd be up for if you like, he's South Dublin based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

democrates wrote: »
    I've a friend who refurbs vintage Leicas so this should be well within his capability. I can ask if it's a job he'd be up for if you like, he's South Dublin based.

I be interested to find your friend in the next few months. I've a Leica III I fear has a pin hole in the shutter.

Nice PM his details I will get intouch with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

PM's sent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

Dublin Camera Repair have serviced several TLR's for me, all minolta autocords, all have worked perfectly since. I even gave them two non working ones one with broken wind on mechanism but great glass and other with smashed taking lens and fungus to beat the band. they canabalised one to make a fully working other ... works like a treat ...

I've seen Mamiya 330's and 220's and a rollei while picking up my own stuff all in for servicing so TLR are not a problem to them

PM's sent!

Thanks democrates, Noel got in touch with me.

Advertisement