Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

003 Rack+ Factory

• 22-02-2010 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Not entirely sure if this is in the right place, so feel free to move or whatever if it isn't.

I want to get Digidesign's 003 Rack+ Factory, but not having much luck finding a decent price on it. The Digidesign page links to a few dealers, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for from there. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, I'm enrolled in the Pro Tools 101 course, and I've heard I might be eligible for a discount. Any truth in this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

If you are doing an official Pro Tools course like the 101 yeah, then you will get a 40% discount on hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

What's a decent price in your estimation ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    What's a decent price in your estimation ?

Anything below the $1635 (€1200) on the official page would be good. Just after posting the OP, I spotted one for about €1000, which would do nicely.

tubedude wrote:
    If you are doing an official Pro Tools course like the 101 yeah, then you will get a 40% discount on hardware.

Excellent. Any idea how I'd go about getting the discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Anything below the $1635 (€1200)

That's a US price ? So liable Duty of around
    4% and VAT of 21% ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

Excellent. Any idea how I'd go about getting the discount?

You need to go to digidesign.com, and create a mydigi account.
    I know if you buy in Big Bear, they will take care of that for you.
    And then you can give your details to the seller/digidesign. I think that's how it works, I haven't used my discount yet so I'm not 100% sure...

• Advertisement
Advertisement