Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed Road Bridge, Castletown Gates, Celbridge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Tell me this , I read in the Liffey Champ that the developer is one of the objectors ..... how / why is this . I was a little confused by that

David, I don’t know what article you are referring to in the Liffey Champion, but I assume it must be in relation to the planning application 08/439 for 108 Houses on Donaghcumper opposite Castletown House, which was granted by KCC with 75 conditions. The developer appealed some of these conditions to An Bord Pleanala, and other groups and individuals appealed against the entire development. An Bord Pleanala subsequently refused permission for the development on the 29th June 2010.

The planning application 09/665 is a different application for a development on the section of Donaghcumper beside Celbridge village, on the other side of the Liffey. KCC granted permission for the first phase of a development for roads and services to facilitate a huge future town expansion in this area, as seen in the developer’s Masterplan for Donaghcumper. Several groups and individuals appealed this decision to An Bord Pleanala and the decision is due on the 25th August 2010. The developer did not appeal this decision. He may have submitted an observation on one of the appeals, but this information will not be available until after An Bord Pleanala’s decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi

May be a mistake on LC's part, they it was last week talking about how the decision roads/services which is with An Bord Pleanala was going have a decsion soon , and one of the objectors was Devondale ( or whatever their name is ) it seems a bit odd to me

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Castletown

David 88, I read the article that you read, and you are correct. The Liffey C. gave the developer as one of the objectors. This is a mistake on behalf of the Liffey Champ. It would seem that they just copied the list of objectors from a previous application. The developer had no reason to appeal as he would of been happy with KCC's decision.

David 88, I read the article that you mention . It did refer to the roads infrastructure and it did mention Devondale as an objector. This was a mistake on behalf of the Liffey Champion. It seems they may have just copied the list of objectors from a previous application. The developer had no reason to object to KCC's decision to grant planning permission.

There will be no decision from on Bord Pleanala on 09/665, (the roads infrastructure for Donaghcumber) until October.

• Advertisement

I said that there might be a delay with this decision from An Bord Pleanala, as August is the month they go on holiday.

I don't think that going on holidays in August should result in the decision date being put back to October. Don't be surprised if this date is set back again, as seems to happen regularly for no reason. Perhaps the bord is just very very busy.

According to official confirmation from An Bord Pleanala today, the Appeal will be determined 'before the 28th October'.

The reason given for the delay is beacuse of the clearance of a significant backlog of cases which had built up due to the high level of intake of applications prior to the downturn in the economy.

• Advertisement

Raven , Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 danny187

its about time there was another bridge, the trafic is crazy in the mornings and afternoon. the people complaining about this bridge are probably the same people who complain about traffic, do you expect celbridge to stay the crappy little town it is??it has to expand. and before some one asks, yes im from celbridge and yes i live here too:pac:

Danny.

If you read the thread carefully by and large the objection is not to a bridge per se, but

a) The positioning of the bridge , destroying what is the historic heart of Celbridge
    b) The frankly stupid development of Donacomper, which will destroy forever the
    vistas we all enjoy from Castletown.

Indeed Celbridge needs to develop, nothing would please me more but building on Donacomper is not the way about this.

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Danny.

If you read the thread carefully by and large the objection is not to a bridge per se, but

a) The positioning of the bridge , destroying what is the historic heart of Celbridge
    b) The frankly stupid development of Donacomper, which will destroy forever the
    vistas we all enjoy from Castletown.

Indeed Celbridge needs to develop, nothing would please me more but building on Donacomper is not the way about this.

its the only logical site, were else would you build?? its going to be built if people like it or not, but i am getting very annoyed at being asked constantly to sign a petition against it, people didnt ask to sign a petition against the 3 story apartments that are to tower over my bungalow

Nobody has been asked to sign a petition on the bridge issue for several months. You must be confused with some of the other issues such as the Cinema, right of way @ Castletown and today I was asked to sign a petition to have the parking attendants removed from the main street.

There won't be a bridge at Castletown gates for at least twenty years. There is no money,
    The problem with the recent bridge episode was that it wasn't about KCC providing a bridge for Celbridge , but a plan to build Manhattan on a site that would not be able to sustain such a major development .

Any merits that a bridge might have brought would have been cancelled out by the traffic chaos caused by the major Development. It was the wrong location. And also wrong because of Castletown. No point in talking about this now , cause it isn't going to happen. The country has no money, the tiger is gone. We should get out of our cars and walk a little more to schools etc.

danny187 wrote: »
    ... people didnt ask to sign a petition against the 3 story apartments that are to tower over my bungalow

Which apartments do you mean? At what stage of the planning process are they? Petitions don't work for planning applications. If you don't want the apartments, you have to object to them, and get others to do likewise. If necessary, you have to take it to An Bord Pleanala. That is the only way to stop them.

The people living in bungalows in Castle Village had the same problem as you when a developer tried to build a high-rise, 5-storey development on the site of Celbridge House, which would have towered over their houses. They objected and appealed, and won their case.

Letters have been sent from An Bord Pleanala today stating that there will be a delay in the decision for the proposed road bridge 09/665, which was to have been decided before the 28th October.

The Raven. wrote: »
    Which apartments do you mean? At what stage of the planning process are they? Petitions don't work for planning applications. If you don't want the apartments, you have to object to them, and get others to do likewise. If necessary, you have to take it to An Bord Pleanala. That is the only way to stop them.

The people living in bungalows in Castle Village had the same problem as you when a developer tried to build a high-rise, 5-storey development on the site of Celbridge House, which would have towered over their houses. They objected and appealed, and won their case.

i am living in castle village and the case has not been won, the information you have been givin is wrong, a close family friend is on the board and the application has not been thrown. and yes i was asked to sign a petition on 22/10/10 against THE BUILDING OF A NEW BRIDGE AT CASTLE TOWN GATES.

The closing day for submissions and petitions on the bridge was June 28th. Since that date there has been no opportunity to send petitions to the council or anywhere else regarding the bridge. Maybe somebody found one blowing in the wind and pounced on you to sign it.

Castletown wrote: »
    The closing day for submissions and petitions on the bridge was June 28th. Since that date there has been no opportunity to send petitions to the council or anywhere else regarding the bridge. Maybe somebody found one blowing in the wind and pounced on you to sign it.

Yup maybe they did, ah well hopefully the funds will show soon so they can hurry up with this bridge :-)

• Advertisement

danny187 wrote: »
    i am living in castle village and the case has not been won, the information you have been givin is wrong, a close family friend is on the board and the application has not been thrown.

What's this then?

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/232572.htm

REFUSE PERMISSION!!!

Oh wait...maybe they got planning permission for a rubbish bin :eek::eek:!!

What's this then?

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/232572.htm

REFUSE PERMISSION!!!

Oh wait...maybe they got planning permission for a rubbish bin :eek::eek:!!

wait till may 2011 :D
    by the way theres no need to be immature about it

Some interesting news on Donaghcumper:

Kildare County Council agreed to amend the new County Development Plan by eliminating Donaghcumper from the Celbridge Town Centre expansion policy. In other words, the policy is no longer about expanding the town centre of Celbridge accross to Donaghcumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Some interesting news on Donaghcumper:

Kildare County Council agreed to amend the new County Development Plan by eliminating Donaghcumper from the Celbridge Town Centre expansion policy. In other words, the policy is no longer about expanding the town centre of Celbridge accross to Donaghcumper.

Wow, so is this a definite line of action or more a possibility? I daren't get too excited that Donaghcumper may be saved and somewhere more appropriate used for expansion....

When you see that area in the snow, it looks so beautiful, although it does at any time of year.

There is still the next Pleanala decision to come I guess?

Glad to be back on boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Seconds Away

Latest update from Catherine Murphy.

Donaghcumper “High Amenity” zoning narrowly rejected
    http://www.kildare.ie/community/CatherineMurphy/2010/12/donaghcumper_high_amenity_zoni.html#more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 constitution

The campaign by CAA to have a map amended which will now extend protection to the entire Donaghcumper Demesne has been successfull. This motion was carried in the council offices and will now be included into the County Development Plan. Great news for all those 4000 people who signed the submissions and for those who took the time to run the campaign. While the vote to dezone the land was lost by one vote, this was because it was felt that this can happen later on in the Celbridge Local Area Plan. The principle of Dezoning the land did not appear to be a problem with any of the councillors. So all looking very positive.

An Bord Pleanala have made a decision on Donaghcumper and we will be informed of this decision tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

An Bord Pleanala have made a decision on Donaghcumper and we will be informed of this decision tomorrow.??

just taken off the website

236613: Donaghcumper Demesne, Celbridge, Co. Kildare. (09/665)

Kildare County Council
    Provision of roads and services infrastructure to facilitate the future development of an urban expansion to Celbridge Town Centre. (Protected Structures)
    Case reference: PL09 .236613
    Case type: Planning Appeal
    Decision: Case has been decided, details will not be available before 21-Feb-2011
    Date Signed: 16/02/2011
    EIS required: Yes

The same line is in for the decision on the cineama for celbridge

An Bord Pleanala has REFUSED permission for the proposed Donaghcumper development. Great news!! Details shortly.

• Advertisement

Great News !!!! Thanks for keeping us up to date !

Advertisement