Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spots

• 22-02-2010 3:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Zxc01

alcohol or hormones?

I know a glass of wine brings me out in spots. But the hormones don't help either

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

This could be part of the problem - exfoliating too much. It's only meant to be done once or twice a week. You could be stripping your skin of the good stuff it needs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I would doubt it is exercise that is giving you spots as cardiovascular exercise works in a number of ways to actually improve your skin.

Firstly, it speeds up circulation and therefore the delivery of nutrients including oxegen to the skin and in turn takes away toxins. Secondly, sweating helps by uinblocking pores that may be causing breakouts and lastly and most importantly it balances the hormones and particularly the male hormone testosterone which is known to be one of the main causes of acne.

I'm not sure why you got a flare up when you started in the gym but you may have had some underlying spots which are coming to the surface now due to sweating etc. if that is the case it is just temporary and your skin will be better for it in the long run. If you don't see an inprovement in a few weeks, probably best to see your doc for meds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

As a side note, make sure to increase the amount of vegetables you eat instead of just increasing fruit intake. Fruit is loaded with sugar, after all. This could be a contributing factor to your problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

As well as the above its also possible that the products you're using are simply irritating your skin into a breakout. Try using products for sensitive skins and see if that improves things.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I'm actually the same though I'm beginning to think it's the pill I'm taking.. Not trying to take over thread or anything as it might help the OP and no sense in starting a new thread about it.. But does anyone have any tips or recommendations for a pill that doesn't make you break out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I find Nivea skincare stuff suits me best, but I have to wash the face cleanser off thoroughly - thoroughly! - otherwise it will bring me out in little bumps. Took me ages to figure out what was causing them, but I've never had a problem since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Synods

NoDice wrote: »
    I'm actually the same though I'm beginning to think it's the pill I'm taking.. Not trying to take over thread or anything as it might help the OP and no sense in starting a new thread about it.. But does anyone have any tips or recommendations for a pill that doesn't make you break out?

I'd go back to your GP and talk to her about changing to a different pill. There are loads of different types, you just might have to find the one that works best for you. Dianette, for example, is widely used as a treatment for acne. But as I said go back and explain the situation to your GP, hopefully he/she will know more about them and can reccomend a more suitable option!

Advertisement