Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch boxes

Options
  • 22-02-2010 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get fifteen identical lunch boxes in town?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Tesco/Woodies/Argos; possibly Dunnes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Euro2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

unJustMary wrote: »
    Euro2

Is that the one on Shop St?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mainguard street but yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

I have to warn about those Euro2 lunch boxes- there's a reason they're €2 and it's because they're made of nasty pastic that makes your food smell. I went camping with stuff locked in their boxes..... when the sun came out and everything warmed up a bit the smell contaminated all my food for the weekend. Not pleasant :(

On the other hand, if you're just using it for car parts or bits n'bobs then they're perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Euro2 is Mainguard and also Eglington Sts, or there's Poundworld in Galway Shopping Centre (near Tesco Electrical).

Some of their stuff is dodgy plastic, some is seconds (eg the plastic didn't come out of the mould absolutely perfectly, so there's a tiny extra bit on it). As someone said ... it all depends what you need it for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I have to warn about those Euro2 lunch boxes- there's a reason they're €2 and it's because they're made of nasty pastic that makes your food smell. I went camping with stuff locked in their boxes..... when the sun came out and everything warmed up a bit the smell contaminated all my food for the weekend. Not pleasant :(

Did you clean them first before use? I got a set from dunnes and they all have a plasticy smell until you wash them in hot soapy water. Just a thought for again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Got handy ones in Dunnes the last day and did the same as the rest here; soaked them for a few hours and they smelled grand...three for a fiver I think, and not the crappy takeaway type boxes either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Got handy ones in Dunnes the last day and did the same as the rest here; soaked them for a few hours and they smelled grand...three for a fiver I think, and not the crappy takeaway type boxes either

So where's the teddy bears piiiicccnnicccc? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

inisboffin wrote: »
    So where's the teddy bears piiiicccnnicccc? :p

No smarties allowed!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement