Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger 10/22

Options
  • 22-02-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

i am thinking of geting a 10/22 as a fun gun for plinking and rabbit shooting. I already have a cz .22, will the super have a problem with this as i dont need one. Also does anyone know what a second hand 10/22 would cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I think you might have a problem winning them over on this one. Are you a member of a club? If so you might get it for gallery rifle.
    If you really want one you could always get rid of the cz and put the extra money towards tricking out the ruger.

When I was looking around for mine second hand 10 22s seem to have been from about 300 up. But in the end I got a new one seen as the price difference wasn't all that much.
    Have a look at the new tactical target model. If I was getting another I would seriously consider this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I dont think youll have a problem getting a second one. I have a 22 semi and a 22 hornet.

Ruger bog standard carbine retail around €350 and the stainless for €410 check out shoot.ie. Caveat emptor I have seen them retail at €650, and had to listen to the shlite talk about how good they are:rolleyes: I wanted to buy a ruger but wanted the DSP (delux sporter) the Galway importers dont bring in that kind of model :mad:

Dont get me wrong if i could get a Ruger dsp I would but the standard or the stainless feel like my kiddies toy guns and, I am not the type of guy who pays good money for a firearm then goes and spends more money on a new stock to make it fit. "Cavan shooter" should give a hint.....:D

If its an accurate rifle your after then define what you mean by accuracy 1-1.5" at 50 m because thats what your going to get with the semi.

I dont think youll have a problem getting a second one. I have a 22 semi and a 22 hornet.

But you've got two different calibers there cs, might be harder to justify to the gards the need for two .22lr rimfires... you know what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I see where your coming from, its funny all my licence says is .220 inches on both.

I've heard that and stranger. A friend has a 220 swift which they have basically licensed as 22lr:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement