Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southside delivery office

Options
  • 22-02-2010 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

An post are holding a package for ransom in the SDO. The surly postman refused to accept anything but exact change for the money due so I was forced to let him take it back to the depot. The amount is awkward (23.17) so does anybody know if the depot will accept a cheque or c/c, or at least be able to make change out of a 50?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

In my experience you would be better off getting the correct change and then go to the Sorting Office. Depending who you get out there some can be very helpful and others not so. Don't waste your journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

corblimey wrote: »
    An post are holding a package for ransom in the SDO. The surly postman refused to accept anything but exact change for the money due so I was forced to let him take it back to the depot. The amount is awkward (23.17) so does anybody know if the depot will accept a cheque or c/c, or at least be able to make change out of a 50?

Go into a shop and buy a marsbar with the 50 and you should get the change you need.

Out of curiosity are you getting caught for duty tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Out of curiosity are you getting caught for duty tax?

Yeah, a package from eBay via the states. TBH, I thought the tax only applied to things you COULD get in this country, music, DVDs, books, etc but I'm not going to fight it. I need my "stuff". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Yeah, a package from eBay via the states. TBH, I thought the tax only applied to things you COULD get in this country, music, DVDs, books, etc but I'm not going to fight it. I need my "stuff". :)

Nah can get charged on anything at all pretty much. Sometimes you'll get away with and other times you won't. Half the time is seems to be the smaller things they do catch people out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

What's the big deal in bringing the correct money with you? What's awkward about 23.17? would a clean 25.00 be better? I just don't see the big issue here - maybe its just me, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

murphym7 wrote: »
    What's the big deal in bringing the correct money with you? What's awkward about 23.17? would a clean 25.00 be better? I just don't see the big issue here - maybe its just me, sorry.

I don't know about you, but I live in a mostly cashless society, credit and debit cards for everything. If I do need cash, I go to the bank machine and they dispense 50s and 20s mostly, no 23.17. So I've got a 50 and need to find some way of making 23.17 exactly in small change. That's a 20, a 2, a 1, a 10c, a 5c, and 2c.

As it happened, the surly postman had put the wrong value on the delivery notice and it should have been 23.27. I arrived with 23.17, but I got a very friendly chap who made change for me out of the 30 quid I had on me. (It looked like he was going to let me away with the 10c if I didn't have any other money on me)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Bring it to the fu€kers mostly in 50c coins, and brown change and tell them to stuff their underworked arses

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Why would you do that ?

Advertisement