Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Always having crazy dreams

• 22-02-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭

I guess I'm posting as I feel like I'm the only person who experiences this. No one else I know has dreams like I do. I have really really weird dreams - they are so detailed, I can remember everything the next day and often I actually have trouble remembering whether something happened in real life or only in a dream. They always start out normal enough with people I know and in places I know but then they get weird. But the most frustrating thing is that they are so frequent. At least five nights out of seven my oh has to wake me up cos I'm sobbing in my sleep (my pillow will be soaking wet from tears) or thrashing around the bed. I wake up exhausted from my dreams as they are so real. Some of my dreams aren't identical but often there is a common thread running through them. I guess I just want to know if anyone else experiences such frequent fncked up dreams.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Lets just say that no one likes to be around me in the morning because my good Morning line is "I had the weirdest dream last night.."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I am the same way. In college a bunch of my friends took a psych class on dreaming and I got interviewed by all of them since I had the most odd dreams.

Strawberries or whales that are spaceships, angels with razorblade wings, babies galore, buses, trains and planes that go in places they never should.

They used to be very scary when I was younger but now they are usually just an adventure - but sometimes I do have to stop and try to decide if something was real or if I dreamed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bambi86

For over a month now my best friend has called me every day, telling me about her dream the night before. Now...I can remember some dreams I have but not EVERY NIGHT. She has crazy dreams, with random people she knows in them. But it is EVERY NIGHT!? I heard that sometimes this is due to sleeping very lightly, or not properly sleeping at all. Has anyone experience or heard about this before....she is freaking me out!! :)

I dream very vivid and mostly odd dreams pretty much every night. Sometimes I do think things actually happened and then realise I dreamed them.

The worst is in the morning when I dream that I'm up and about and have had my shower and am eating my breakfast only to open my eyes and think "oh balls!" That happens alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

Yes i'm the same, many many dreams per night (that I would remember clearly), they are so vivid, very detailed and they are almost real to me. I think of my dreams as my second life sometimes! I also occasionally dream lucidly although with little to no control, just an awareness that its a dream but the clarity remains the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

yes, i also dream (what i would call) obsessively. I have no interest anymore in dreams, before i thought to myself ''at least it's an interesting to consider''. That was before i realised how detrimental dreams are to my general health. I Just woke this morning after 11 hours of intense dreams, conpletely shattered and a little unhappy. I kept waking up in the middle and being half asleep and dreaming and being bothered greatly. They are so abstract and unsettling i think I am perpetually wrecked.

Having said that it's not as bad in some cases as the posters here, but every one has different variations of it. Mine are always abstract as hell and so random i can't possibly describe it to anyone even myself. I would now prefer to never dream ever again!

Advertisement