Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options
  • 22-02-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

August 20 - Lowlands Festival, Holland
    August 21 - Area 4 Festival, Germany
    August 22 - Highfield Festival, Germany
    August 24 - Sporthalle, Germany
    August 25 - Chiemsee, Germany
    August 27 - Reading Festival, England
    August 29 - Leeds Festival, England
    August 31 - The O2, Ireland
    September 3 - 2 Days A Week Festival, Austria
    September 4 - I Day Festival Arena, Italy

These are supposedly leaked tour dates, the Lowlands is definitely happening, so nearly guaranteed for Pukkelpop, Reading, Leeds fests. Would make sense coming here then for own show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This has been going around since last Summer, especially when Travis made a comment to MTV in the US that he was looking forward to getting over to Europe in late 2010....that was made sometime in late 2009

I think its true, but you won't find anymore info on it until March when Reading and Leeds dates are announced, it would be extremely damaging for Leeds and Reading to confirm their headliner this far ahead....they have a lot riding on the event every year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cool. Missed them last time, and while not a fan of last two albums, the other stuff is just good fun to play, and seeing Travis would be sweet.

Yeah know we won't see any confirmation till bout mid-March, if it even goes ahead. Just a good chance to hopefully see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also, why would they do a arena gig in between festivals? Surley they would wait for a proper arena tour to play the o2 etc?

Fills in the gap mid-week when there's usually no festivals on. That list seems legit, Pukkelpop can be squeezed in before Lowlands since it starts on a Thursday, Reading and Leeds are a given and most of the other dates are confirmed.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also, why would they do a arena gig in between festivals? Surley they would wait for a proper arena tour to play the o2 etc?

Wouldn't read too much into that either. In 2002 Guns N Roses played the Leeds festival, but not Reading, and then played the Docklands Arena in-between festivals....Rage Against the Machine are playing the 02 between Findsbury Park and Download this year and Faith No More played an arena date between festivals last year I believe...Edinburgh was certainly a small date and that was played between festival appearances, so it can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

usta love these lads, hard to know wheter id go or not now, reckon it would be a very young crowd . . . . hard to know . . what ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Jordonvito wrote: »
    usta love these lads, hard to know wheter id go or not now, reckon it would be a very young crowd . . . . hard to know . . what ye think?

Don't think there'd be too much of a young crowd since they broke up years ago. I'm really hoping this is true. Been listening to them since I was 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If they come, I don't care how much it costs or if I have no money, I will find a way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Jordonvito wrote: »

im in the same boat! They were the first band i got into and were my fav band between the ages of 13-17. Would be a very young crowd though.

Fringe wrote: »
    Don't think there'd be too much of a young crowd since they broke up years ago. I'm really hoping this is true. Been listening to them since I was 11.

I reckon the average age, people like myself, mid 20's...you'll find Blink haven't (sadly) made too much of an impact on younger kid's these days since their breakup

Well I heard they were rumoured for oxegen, and they weren't announced today, so hopefully that's a good sign that they'll be doing their own show.

• Advertisement

Won't be in Europe until August. Lowlans Pukkelpop probably their first shows, unless they do a 'warm up' show in a venue in Amsterdam/Brussels.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

everyone seems to think it will be a young crowd but if everyone is thinking the same then all the older age can go

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

im in the same boat! They were the first band i got into and were my fav band between the ages of 13-17. Would be a very young crowd though.

ha snap, they got me into 'proper' music so to speak, i usta listen to ****e, but blink put me on the right path!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

they've just announced indoor arena shows for the 16th in Aberdeen and the 17th in Glasgow.
    could go two ways:
    The 18th to the 26th could be filled with uk arena shows, including possibly the o2 dublin.
    Or this "leaked" festival list...With perhaps uk arena shows before the 16th in august...or after the dublin show...Maybe the dublin show kicks off the arena shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Used to be a massive fan of this band, and I'd go purely for nostalgia..

To be fair, the self-titled album has some of their best stuff on it!

Just checked Mark's blog here:
    http://www.pickrset.com/markhoppus/?p=1250

All the rumored dates in the original post have been confirmed...except for Reading/Leeds...and the o2 dublin.

Reading/Leeds are announcing headliners on the 26th of this month....I'm guessing the o2 announcement is pretty imminent :D

Wonder will Weezer support them here? Would actually go for them more, but Blibk for the nostalgia factor:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

went to see them in the Point last time out and have to say I really enjoyed them, thought they put on a good show........was pleasantly surprised to be honest......

would depend on the price really - already have a full dance card up to July and if they were to be charging top whack at this I'd probably give it a miss....

Green Day @ the o2 were between 49-55 euro (49 for standing)

so i'd presume that'd be the highest blink would be....however i'd expect 40-45 or maybe just 45 for all tickets.

interesting...their show at the end of 2004 at the point depot..was their last show before their hiatus.

interesting...their show at the end of 2004 at the point depot..was their last show before their hiatus.
    I think I had a ticket to that.. wasn't that the one that didn't go ahead as Tom fecked up his back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Was at the last show in the Point too, it was a really great show, Travis's drum solo in the middle of the crowd was amazing. Definitely going to see them again if there playing here in Aug/Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

basquille wrote: »
    I think I had a ticket to that.. wasn't that the one that didn't go ahead as Tom fecked up his back?

No that was a few years earlier.

No that was a few years earlier.
    Ah.. I'd a ticket to that one alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Bugg wrote: »
    Was at the last show in the Point too, it was a really great show, Travis's drum solo in the middle of the crowd was amazing. Definitely going to see them again if there playing here in Aug/Sept.

That was a nice touch alright......having the rising kit come from towards the back of the arena.....was a decent sized crowd too from what I remember.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Sick of all of these rumours going around,too bad they didn`t announce a date for Oxegen. A date in the 02 would be good though...if they announce it

Would be tempted to go to glasgow to see them, would get flights cheap enough with ryanair. Just can't seem to find any official confirmation or ticket info.

kateos2 wrote: »
    Would be tempted to go to glasgow to see them, would get flights cheap enough with ryanair. Just can't seem to find any official confirmation or ticket info.

Why would you go to glasgow if there's also rumors of them playing the o2? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

august 31st the o2,this is confirmed and will go on sale in the next week or two

Why would you go to glasgow if there's also rumors of them playing the o2? :confused:

Because it wasn't confirmed, only rumoured, obviously if they're playing here, I'll go here, which they are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

august 31st the o2,this is confirmed and will go on sale in the next week or two

Source?

Advertisement