Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

No one likes it when your 23, and are still more amused, by TV shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

A V A wrote: »
    oh and thanks punkindrublic :)

would be so cool if nofx and weezer supported them :P

don't see NOFX touring with them but it would be pretty deadly! Looks like everyone here is hoping for Weezer!

Sound Cellar, 47 Nassau St, Dublin 2. Tel : +353 01 6771940

try them for tickets. You might have to ring a few times before they actually pick up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Thanks, the guy said they have tickets. luckily my dad is in town right now so he's going to (hopefully) get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Thanks, the guy said they have tickets. luckily my dad is in town right now so he's going to (hopefully) get them.

damn wish my dad was in town right now :P
    town/dublin's like 3 hours away.....:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Got my ticket! Whoop! Would be UNBELIEVABLE if NOFX supported, but thats just wishful thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

standing tickets are now sold out guys and gals x

Phew, got two in Sound Cellar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

got my ticket. got to love 8 till late in roscommon town! walked in at 9am, no queue at all! in and out in 2 minutes. I didnt think it would sell out so fast, the the standing tickets :o

Did sound cellar say how many they had left (roughly)? Might be helpful for some others

• Advertisement

They didn't say,sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

if anyone does end up going into sound cellar.....pick up one for me and i'll love you forever :cool: (and pay you of course :pac:)
    would really make my week.

if anyone does end up going into sound cellar.....pick up one for me and i'll love you forever :cool: (and pay you of course :pac:)
    would really make my week.

If you ring them they *might* be able to help out. Maybe they could charge your card for what you have on it & let you send a money order with the rest. I know they did this for me a few years ago and let me collect the tickets and pay the last couple of euros in person.

Edit: should add that it was mid 2005 so they might not do this still

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

ye i know nofx wont tour with them i doubt it very much

i say there will be a dublin band on first and them a band they brought with them but i know there so many wishes on who they would love to support blink but something came into my head and it was all american rejects theyve never been to ireland (from what i know) so maybe that could be a possablity im not to keen on weezer to be honest but wouldnt mind seeing what they are like live this has happend to me on me on many occassions were i go see a support band then i end up liking them and then buying their cd's

The ticket says "+ Very special Guest"
    Hmm.. hopefully that means it's someone pretty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I checked ticketmaster and the "sorry no exact matches were found" for standing tickets anyway.
    but at least i have my ticket!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

ye i know nofx wont tour with them i doubt it very much

i say there will be a dublin band on first and them a band they brought with them but i know there so many wishes on who they would love to support blink but something came into my head and it was all american rejects theyve never been to ireland (from what i know) so maybe that could be a possablity im not to keen on weezer to be honest but wouldnt mind seeing what they are like live this has happend to me on me on many occassions were i go see a support band then i end up liking them and then buying their cd's

id say it will be one of the bands playing at reading/leeds, as they finish the sunday before the gig. I doubt it will be paramore or wheezer (i love to see them though) as the tickets were only 44 euro. could be you me at 6, all time low, or even enter shakari. I have never heard these bands (except the latter, not a fan).

id say it will be one of the bands playing at reading/leeds, as they finish the sunday before the gig. I doubt it will be paramore or wheezer (i love to see them though) as the tickets were only 44 euro. could be you me at 6, all time low, or even enter shakari. I have never heard these bands (except the latter, not a fan).

Please god no. If it's any of the bands you mentioned I will be gutted

Please god no. If it's any of the bands you mentioned I will be gutted

totally agree man haha

if it says very special guests well then it must be a well distablished band so lets just see

i pray to god my ticket wont get lost in the post or something do poeple know when tickets arive if you bought them offline>>

i even rang ticketmaster just to check to see if i actually got the ticket and if it went through. . . . .sad or what

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

do poeple know when tickets arive if you bought them offline>>

No more than 48 hours before the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

totally agree man haha

if it says very special guests well then it must be a well distablished band so lets just see

i pray to god my ticket wont get lost in the post or something do poeple know when tickets arive if you bought them offline>>

i even rang ticketmaster just to check to see if i actually got the ticket and if it went through. . . . .sad or what
    Why didn't you choose the e-mail as delivery method?

EDIT: Ah right.. bought them offline. Should have read closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

totally agree man haha

Tickets by post are usually reliable enough to come along.

I'm the same, I don't get them by email anymore as I once deleted the email by mistake and had to go through the trash folder to retrieve it. ^_^;;;

I think it'd be funny if Sum41 supported... Mini Blink :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just because it is Special Guests doesnt mean its someone good eg Kasabian were supported by Reverend And The Makers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Got my two standing tickets at 9.08 this morning on a bus into the dentist...tickets for this, tickets for Disneyland and three lots of anaesthetic = me a very happy (and numb!) bunny!!

totally agree man haha

I only ever ordered te tickets to be delievered once (other times I printed them myself) and they were for the miley Cyrus concert & arrived here fine about a month before the concert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blinkme44

Ok im going to try and clear up a few questions people where asking in this topic. I don't expect many people to read all of this cause there's alot of writing.ha.

Blinks new album will NOT be out this year. Blink have only spent one month in the studio recording there new single "up all night". It was supose to be finished before there reunion tour last summer but they couldn't finish it in time, they only recorded a demo of it.

In January they all headed into the studio to record for Blink but they where only in the studio for one month because Tom was releasing the new AvA album and Travis was recording his solo album, getting ready to go on tour with A-trak and recording with The Transplants. Travis did promise before christmas that there would be a new Blink song ( not "up all night") on his solo album but I think that fell through.

Mark has stated in an interview before that it is very hard to get all 3 members in the same room together just because everyone is so busy.

The lads plan on heading back into the studio for the month of june before they come to Europe. Then when they come back they will spend the rest of the year doing the new album.

I don't expect "up all night" to come out before the European tour.

It took them around a year to record the self tittled album and I have a feeling that this album will take longer to do because they will want it to be prefect.

The Blinkumentary will be broken down into 2 parts. The 1st part will come out mid summer. Apparently they have 100's of hours of recorded footage just for the first part!. The 2nd part will come out after the new album comes out because it will be about them recording the new album and God only knows when that will come out.

And because they don't have any new material it means that they will be playing a pretty simular setlist this summer to the set they played last year so there will be alot of the self-tittled songs on it.

Eh I think thats it.ha. If anyone has any questions just ask;D

i bassically said all that in a number of different reply's hahaha i think them being so busy and having ohetr projects will make the new so so strong and have such a good sound but what i do hope is that tom doesnt try make this the "pinical" of his career and try make to much out of it lol as much as i love anything to do with blink and angels and airwaves as tom sings " a littles enough" haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blinkme44

i bassically said all that in a number of different reply's hahaha i think them being so busy and having ohetr projects will make the new so so strong and have such a good sound but what i do hope is that tom doesnt try make this the "pinical" of his career and try make to much out of it lol as much as i love anything to do with blink and angels and airwaves as tom sings " a littles enough" haha
    haha sorry man, i was half asleep when I was reading the posts.ha

i dont think Tom will be like that, he will obvisouly work as hard as he can with the new album to make it the best he can but he only has that mentality with AvA.

I just hope he doesnt use all the g*y space sounds and makes the songs like AvA songs but i trust Mark and Travis to set him straight.ha

and i agree with you that their other projects helped them expand there taste in music and let them explore different genres and will make the album better, if that makes any sense(i didnt sleep last night so i cant think straight.haha).

true dat man i love A V A but i tink he should keep that sound to ava tbh and think the new album will be hard guitar riffs and heavey catchy basslines and killer fills with drums by the one and only trv$ brkr

like i said before noboday knows what its goin to be like really with travis's home boy drumming marks electronica/indie and toms "ah whicky whayoes" heheh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

All the standing tickets are sold out :(

Advertisement