Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

Got two seated tickets, well my Dad got them for me this evening. He said they're directly in front of the stage and the great thing about seating is that I can easily head down to standing for a bit or just relax and enjoy the music.

Think that seeing as there are so many of us boardsies heading to the gig that a post gig boards beers may be in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Think that seeing as there are so many of us boardsies heading to the gig that a post gig boards beers may be in order.

that would be awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Got two seated tickets, well my Dad got them for me this evening. He said they're directly in front of the stage and the great thing about seating is that I can easily head down to standing for a bit or just relax and enjoy the music.

it depends on security, if its tight, you might not be able to get down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

true that man sounds good to me
    jemmadm wrote: »
    When I saw Blink at the MEN, people were queueing before 10am! One of these was a friend of mine haha so I got to be at the front without waiting for hours :)

dont take this in offence but ill be queuing up early around 10 which doesnt bother me but what bothers me is when i or other people que up real early and have been waiting there for hours and then poeple just strole into the line into their mate about ab hour before the doors open no body will be doing that if me and the lads are in the lines that annoys me big style!!! i que up and i dont skip thats the normal way iv been in fights and arguments about this sh** and plus if the group im going in are going to be in the line i dont think youll like people "sayin" to u to get to the back of the line

people did that at metalica and my god they got it and the same with new found glory and foo fighters

im not being a d*ck about it but that annoys me n people to its just annoying and irritating whenyour there having the crack in the line waiting the holee day then people just strole in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

You cant,you ahve to stay in the seating area :(

Mr.S wrote: »
    As long as i still get a pit pass, i couldn't care less if people skip/go infront of me tbh. Its a gig, your hardly going to be in the same place the whole night.

I always laugh to myself, when i see people in the crowd getting pissed off when people push by them or go infront of them. ffs its a concert.

its just this concert ill snap ,i know even if you 15 r 16th down the line youl get a pass but i dont care if your infront of me or behind me and you slip in the line that anoys so bad dont think its right people just turning up and jumpin in line with their mates i know its a concert but i dont care its the fact of jumpin line and most times it happens there annoying and really irritating or really drunk and one of these emos that is like aww "i love you give me hug" types haha oh and i have never had anyone push by me lol i dont let them i just stand firm on the ground and if they push i push back but in mosh pits iv been in a few and if some falls down or get hurt or something iv stopped it and same with other have aswell so i aint a d*cK head when it comes to concerts lol that was the case with anti flag and metalica

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

On lastfm, someone added Jimmy Eat World as the support

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

got my ticket. got to love 8 till late in roscommon town! walked in at 9am, no queue at all! in and out in 2 minutes. I didnt think it would sell out so fast, the the standing tickets :o

You're lucky! plenty of times I've gone in there for tickets and they've told me that theres only one person who knows how to work the machine and she's off/on lunch or something!

As for the support acts, I'd expect one Dublin band, All time low, and then possibly either You me at six or Weezer.

I don't think the fact that You me at six played and supported Paramore recently will have any effect on whether they play here or not, and i don't think the price of tickets is any indicator that a bigger band like Weezer will or wont play! I'd be surprised if a band thats not playing Reading/Leeds the same day as Blink supported them here though

ye sure they said daft punk were playing and i took fool to it . . .but might be true though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

As for the support acts, I'd expect one Dublin band, All time low, and then possibly either You me at six or Weezer.

According to the ticket, there will only be one support band.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    On lastfm, someone added Jimmy Eat World as the support
    Took them out. No evidence to support it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

how'd you work that out?

It says plus guests, which could be any amount of support?

Plus, with doors opening at the earlier time of 6:30, that would suggest 2+ supports. (or longer support sets, which would mean a bigish band supporting)

What he said!

I've been to plenty of gigs that said "special guests" on the ticket, and some that just mentioned the headliner on the ticket and nobody else and more than one band ended up supporting them!

how'd you work that out?

It says plus guests, which could be any amount of support?

Plus, with doors opening at the earlier time of 6:30, that would suggest 2+ supports. (or longer support sets, which would mean a bigish band supporting)

My ticket just says "Plus very special guest" (singular)

its a bit unusual that doors ope at half 6 so maybe there could be a good support as in being one dublin act then a big name supporting them usually the doors dnt open til half 7 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

A V A wrote: »
    its a bit unusual that doors ope at half 6 so maybe there could be a good support as in being one dublin act then a big name supporting them usually the doors dnt open til half 7 or something

The timing suggests that.
    For 30 seconds to mars, doors 6.30
    Fox Avenue - 7-15 I think
    and Street Drum Corps (main support) at around 8.10.
    With 30stm at 9.

Although for green day...doors were opened at 6.30.
    But only one (main) support band. And green day started at 8, and played 2 and a half hours.
    I certainly would prefer a nice long blink set even if it meant losing the Irish pop-rock support...

Yeah, hoping for one ok support and a long Blink set.

Yeah, hoping for one ok support and a long Blink set.

yes i agree i wish they would do 5 songs from each album awwwwwwwww that would be so good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

6.30 is rather early actually. I do hope it's only one support, I cant see myself enjoying standing through any of the ones so far mentioned.

Can't wait for my tickets arrive so I can get excited all over again:p

do people know wen tickets arrive to your house??? im bein told a month before n 2 weeks before it and then im bein told 2 weeks after i ordered it ??

• Advertisement

cant find were to track my ticket progress i my account in ticket master

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Pretty sure standing and seated are totally segregated and you can't get down to the ground level standing without a standing ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

its just this concert ill snap ,i know even if you 15 r 16th down the line youl get a pass but i dont care if your infront of me or behind me and you slip in the line that anoys so bad dont think its right people just turning up and jumpin in line with their mates i know its a concert but i dont care its the fact of jumpin line and most times it happens there annoying and really irritating or really drunk and one of these emos that is like aww "i love you give me hug" types haha oh and i have never had anyone push by me lol i dont let them i just stand firm on the ground and if they push i push back but in mosh pits iv been in a few and if some falls down or get hurt or something iv stopped it and same with other have aswell so i aint a d*cK head when it comes to concerts lol that was the case with anti flag and metalica

I'm with you on this. It bugs me too. Yeah it's ~just a concert~ but there are people who camp out overnight & from early morning to get in the pit, one of them will loose out on the chance of getting in teh pit caus someone decided to skip the queue. If you want to stand in there with your mates then do it from the beginning,don't show up 5mins before gates open and push through everyone else

I'm with you on this. It bugs me too. Yeah it's ~just a concert~ but there are people who camp out overnight & from early morning to get in the pit, one of them will loose out on the chance of getting in teh pit caus someone decided to skip the queue. If you want to stand in there with your mates then do it from the beginning,don't show up 5mins before gates open and push through everyone else

dame right brother. . . .a drinks in order for me and you . . .few tins of dutch gold in the cue . . . .a sssweear

not with the group il be in tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Fair enough with people going at some stupid hour to get to the front barrier. But anything after the front barrier is fair game tbh.

to be honnest, i dont go up to the front barrier at much, as the view is pretty crap sometimes! for oxegen 05 I was against the front barrier for the foo fighters, the stage was pretty high, i could only see the lads from their guitars up, and just talyer's head! most outdoor gigs are like that. The o2 isnt that bad though, the stage isnt that high
    You're lucky! plenty of times I've gone in there for tickets and they've told me that theres only one person who knows how to work the machine and she's off/on lunch or something!

Thanks for the info!!!

few people i know said that its pretty decent at the barrier but the bad thing is there is no padding atall like tripod any other place i was at and i was up at the barrier it had padding

ok some people may not agree on this and there has been enough speculation on here about who is supporting blink but iv been checking a few things out i think all time low is a real possibilty because they have the same festival dates as blink 182 do at the end of august and the exact day breaks between http://www.myspace.com/alltimelow

from what i know from following blink mark tom and travis mark produced all time lows album and is good friend with them so they might be taken on tour with blink

http://www.blink-182media.com/news-f37/blink-182-european-tour-2010-updated-t10059.htm

from that link it shows tour date for england early august and other euro tour dates aswell but they are not confirmed tho but in the origional post dates where posted but where not yet confirmed so this could be a posibillty
    i ask myself when ever blink says europe tour . . europe isnt just a festival in england germany ,holland austria and italy and then a single date in the one arena ??? im not sure if they played the likes of france spain etc but im sure if they say europe theyl play other big european country dates tbg
    this post is just what i thought of over the past few days and from what iv been gathering from marks website and toms modblasts

from what i know from following blink mark tom and travis mark produced all time lows album and is good friend with them so they might be taken on tour with blink [URL="http://"][/URL]

Last i heard Mark produced one song for them that didnt make it onto the album, but that they intend to release in the future at some point. Hes also in their video for "weightless" though so its safe to assume they're friends alright

And as for them playing other European dates that aren't festivals, im pretty sure a friend of mine said they confirmed some Scottish dates, they were dates that were in the original rumoured list that surfaced a few months back too

• Advertisement

Think theres a Glasgow date confirmed thats about it, and the Reading/Leeds shows.

Guessing they're will be a UK/Euro arena tour from September.

Its a well known fact that Hoppus dislikes touring Europe though, so who knows how long they'll stay.

i didnt know mark didnt like touring europe?? were did you hear dat

Advertisement