Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i wonder what the set-list will be like? any predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    i wonder what the set-list will be like? any predictions?
    http://pickrset.com/bands/blink182/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i say they willl defo change the set list there not going to play the exact same setlist on their american tour they didnt keep to the setlist each night they played songs that wernt on the set list because mark has said this and so has tom on his modblasts

it would be along the same lines but i sau they might do more songs to me the setlist on picrset is short considering their songs are short enough and blink do play most of their songs fast

i would just love if they played the kind of setlist they played for the self titled album tour not just the greatest hits set list lol but i doubt that will happen id love to hear the likes of obvious,go, stockholm syndrome and violence etc and more old stuff from before the emema of the state album

oh n really am dying to find out why mark hoppus doesnt like touring europe :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nischa

I haven't been to a concert in the new O2 yet and I was wondering if it was like the old Point reguards getting pit passes. Just que early to get them? Or do u now have to buy them, be a VIP or a customer of O2?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nischa wrote: »
    I haven't been to a concert in the new O2 yet and I was wondering if it was like the old Point reguards getting pit passes. Just que early to get them? Or do u now have to buy them, be a VIP or a customer of O2?

Yup you gotta que up

ill be cuing up lol

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink-182/2004/point-theatre-dublin-ireland-3bd6e8b0.html

id love if they played this setlist really really would love it

aberdeen has been added to blinks tour 16th august so all time will defo support them there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

A V A wrote: »
    aberdeen has been added to blinks tour 16th august so all time will defo support them there

Forgive me if im missing something, but why do you say that?

Forgive me if im missing something, but why do you say that?
    have a look for yourself man :)

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Blink-182-tickets/artist/945149?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_homeA_1_f2

• Advertisement

I think he meant how do you know that All Time Low will be supporting them?

oooopppps well its kind off putting 2 and 2 together to be honest all the connections both bands have with mark producing and the band being friends with them and also playing the same festivals and the way they are in england at the same time also it is time for them to support in arena's in europe my money is honestly on all time low i could say other bands but thats just wishfull thinking

as much as i dont want it t be them i think it might just be :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Probably will be All Time Low (never heard of them) and/or Simple Plan as they're both playing at festivals in Austria and Italy following this gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Really hope it's not all time low too. Wouldn't mind simple plan *too* much if they played a set with lots of their older stuff, I stopped listening to them in 2005 so don't know any of their recent songs.

Really hope it's not all time low too. Wouldn't mind simple plan *too* much if they played a set with lots of their older stuff, I stopped listening to them in 2005 so don't know any of their recent songs.

trust me you dont want to hear their later stuff im glad you stopped at 2005 haha

i wouldnt mind seeing them but they are kind of moany his lyrics and his american accent does not go well together but i can still stand new found glory tho hahah if you get my drift

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Saw them at Download 2yrs ago and they played half the new album (which i hadn't really listened to) and half the older stuff! Id say this year they'll be playing 1 or 2 new songs (im pretty sure they're planning on having a new album out this year, although i might be wrong) and then all their singles, with one or two acoustic-y songs thrown in too ( which they also did at download)

Honestly, i think most of the crowd that night were the same as me in just wanting to hear older stuff, but they really got the crowd going, and their new songs worked alot better live than they do on the album like

So basically, I'd much prefer Simple Plan over All Time Low :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wouldnt mind either ATL or SP since i quite like them and ATL have really grown on me of the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

God I hope it's not simple plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jemmadm

eugh surely not Simple Plan! I love that everyone wants Weezer and we'll end up with SP and ATL :( Surely they'll have MCS as they're also on at Leeds/Reading?

if they have my chemical romance supporting il go f*cking mad i hate mcr and so do alot people i know that are going to blink they wont go down well with some and say a few shoes,items etc will slowly make there way towards the stage in the air

i hate mcr

everybody has their own thoughts (didn want to start a battle hehe ):D

• Advertisement

trust me you dont want to hear their later stuff im glad you stopped at 2005 haha

i wouldnt mind seeing them but they are kind of moany his lyrics and his american accent does not go well together but i can still stand new found glory tho hahah if you get my drift

haha are they that awful now?!

Saw them at Download 2yrs ago and they played half the new album (which i hadn't really listened to) and half the older stuff! Id say this year they'll be playing 1 or 2 new songs (im pretty sure they're planning on having a new album out this year, although i might be wrong) and then all their singles, with one or two acoustic-y songs thrown in too ( which they also did at download)

Honestly, i think most of the crowd that night were the same as me in just wanting to hear older stuff, but they really got the crowd going, and their new songs worked alot better live than they do on the album like

So basically, I'd much prefer Simple Plan over All Time Low :D

I actually kinda forgot they existed! I never see much about them in magazines over here. Loved them in my early teens so it would be nice to see them with blink but only if it was a simple plan vs all time low situation! There are much better bands out there for the support slot

if they have my chemical romance supporting il go f*cking mad i hate mcr and so do alot people i know that are going to blink they wont go down well with some and say a few shoes,items etc will slowly make there way towards the stage in the air

i hate mcr

I really can't see MCR supporting them. Didn't they sell out the RDS a couple of years ago? I know they aren't as popular now but I still don't see them touring as a support act for blink rather than a headliner at their own show. I wouldn't mind it too much, don't like all their black parade crap but I enjoyed them in 2004/2005.

i hate mcr

Wouldnt waste any time or energy thinking about it dude!

i hate mcr

I said MCS, as in Motion City Soundtrack. They are good friends with Mark, he produced their recently released album and they are playing Leeds/Reading.

Why would I have suggested My Chemical Romance?

jemmadm wrote: »
    I said MCS, as in Motion City Soundtrack. They are good friends with Mark, he produced their recently released album and they are playing Leeds/Reading.

Why would I have suggested My Chemical Romance?

my bad i just seen the 'mc' and after those two letters i was like noooo!!!!! lol yes i suggested that earlier on in the post they are very good friends with mark its between them and all time low maybe it will be the both of them

cant really think of any other bands

haha are they that awful now?!

oh yes they are :D:D:D haha

my bad i just seen the 'mc' and after those two letters i was like noooo!!!!! lol yes i suggested that earlier on in the post they are very good friends with mark its between them and all time low maybe it will be the both of them

cant really think of any other bands

Weezer silly :p

jemmadm wrote: »
    Weezer silly :p

ooppppsy's hehe :p

all time low and blink 182 are both under interscope records so that is another connection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lizzy_Twist

im sorry but i think i never been so excited for a gig! i still cant belive they are back and they will play at 02 and i will be there! i wonder how do you get backstage.. would do anything to see mr Travis up close..

Advertisement