Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Someone posted the following on the last.fm page

Alex from ATL said in a live chat last night they were supporting Blink. Never said when and where, just said they were supporting them. Guessing it means all the shows. *fingers crossed*
    yesterday evening

I'm guessing this means All Time Low are pretty definate as the support now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

as it has been said from the start of this thread it is likly they are supporting blink and i wouldnt take any info from last.fm to be honest

im not that happy its all time low . . .kind of annoying

To everyone who's got their tickets, how's the print?

Asking because I saw someone on Twitter post the ink on theirs was too high and they're gonna have to get a replacement.

I noticed mine was a slight bit higher than usual...and the ink is very slighlty gone in places...I think it's okay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

To everyone who's got their tickets, how's the print?

Asking because I saw someone on Twitter post the ink on theirs was too high and they're gonna have to get a replacement.

I noticed mine was a slight bit higher than usual...and the ink is very slighlty gone in places...I think it's okay though.

Mines the same, the ink on the top part of "MCD.IE Proudly Presents" is slightly gone. Its like this on both tickets I have and on the receipt, didn't think much of it really when I saw it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Mine is a little higher/slightly faded too, I don't think it's anything to worry about though?

Ugh, I hope the ATL rumor is just that and not true, I really don't want them to play a support slot for Blink here when there's many other bands that would be so much better. I guess if they are confirmed as the support act I'll just spend the duration of their set at the bar :P "Very special guest" PFFFT.

• Advertisement

yes mine is the same were it says mcd its faded??? im worried again hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

I wouldn't get too worried, if they've made a mistake surely they'll send out an email letting people know. I'd be more worried if it was a problem to do with the bar code they scan (which it doesn't seem to be).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

the barcode is the main thing on the tickets and it should be on them twice once on the ticket and once again on the stub if either are fine then u will have bother getting in, i used to scan tickets at gigs

darryn wrote: »
    the barcode is the main thing on the tickets and it should be on them twice once on the ticket and once again on the stub if either are fine then u will have bother getting in, i used to scan tickets at gigs

Asked the person to upload a picture of theirs...just to see how bad it was,
    Not really worrying, but even if there ended up being a problem with both barcodes, I presume they could just rip the stub off? (like in the old days)

Is there usually a white line through the barcode? I can't find any old tickets to check &i'm all paranoid now!!

• Advertisement

Okay just found my ticket from metallica last year & there's no line through it..should I be worried ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

lads your fine no worrys and no they cant just rip the stub, because the ticket may have been already used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Webz

Still waiting for my tickets to arrive.

Just to clarify; you get pit passes by queueing up early and being one of the first people in, right? How early are we talking here? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Got my tickets
    I wouldnt worry about the faded MCD part, I'm pretty sure i've had a ticket like that before.
    So long as the barcode is good, we're all good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Webz wrote: »
    Just to clarify; you get pit passes by queueing up early and being one of the first people in, right? How early are we talking here? :)

Well some people queue all day, like from 8/9am....
    When I was at Paramore in the O2 though, the girl giving out the pit passes went along the barrier instead of standing at the top of the queue so people who got there at 6pm got one but we, being in middle of the queue and nowhere near a barrier, didn't get one; despite having queued for 5 hours. So being near the top may or may not get you a pit pass...

ill be shoutin my lungs off if that happens even if im in the line and i even get one and someone who has been in the line beside me or a few people behind dont get one im wouldnt be happy and neather will the group ill be in thats just not fair and not on,but theres always one f*cking thick that hands them down the barrier and in my opinion someone would just stand at the top and hand them out after the tickets havin been scanned any normal person would do that and that means they wouldnt even have to move just stay in the same place lol like i defo sorted with two pit passes (my bro got them from the guy im getting them from a few times b4) but i stil wouldnt been happy its just not fair !!!!! i heard of someone that qued from 6 in the mornin till opening and they didnt get a pit pass !!!!! that sh*t

tomissex wrote: »
    Well some people queue all day, like from 8/9am....
    When I was at Paramore in the O2 though, the girl giving out the pit passes went along the barrier instead of standing at the top of the queue so people who got there at 6pm got one but we, being in middle of the queue and nowhere near a barrier, didn't get one; despite having queued for 5 hours. So being near the top may or may not get you a pit pass...
    I was at paramore....entrance 1...did do a good bit of queing....
    But was in the queue outside the front...(before bags were searched and you went through to the proper queue)
    They gave out passes just before gettting bags searched...and before joing the proper/final queue....

No problems there...

do you mean the people that qued up for a good while that were up the front barrier got passes ye like it has always been done at the point?? they bring you little way after a nother and graually bring you closer to the door and then give you passes ye

iv never been to a gig in the o2 before and im just wondering about the ways its run and few of my friends that are queing are just worried
    im not this big paranoid freak about the lines and the way concerts are run as i said before i just dont like when people skip the line and people that have qued up a good while dont get a pass because i know what its like its horible hahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I was at paramore....entrance 1...did do a good bit of queing....
    But was in the queue outside the front...(before bags were searched and you went through to the proper queue)
    They gave out passes just before gettting bags searched...and before joing the proper/final queue....

No problems there...

I think I was at entrance 3 and there was just one giant queue(once you got your bag searched you went inside) The girl giving out the passes got into the queue and walked down it for a bit but then she got out and just went along the barrier. It was so dangerous cause once everyone realised what was going on they all started shoving and squashing people against railings and stuff. Madness. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen again!

tomissex wrote: »
    I think I was at entrance 3 and there was just one giant queue(once you got your bag searched you went inside) The girl giving out the passes got into the queue and walked down it for a bit but then she got out and just went along the barrier. It was so dangerous cause once everyone realised what was going on they all started shoving and squashing people against railings and stuff. Madness. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen again!
    weird.
    i was entrance 3 for green day..like the 3rd person in the queue there...but there was a barrier up and we had to wait outside it. (there was construction and stuff going around as well)
    they opened it around 5...and gave us passes as we went to the proper queue (with the barriers)
    depends on the person maybe? anymore in future you could ask them to do it properly if you see someone or think there might be a problem? :)
    A V A wrote: »
    do you mean the people that qued up for a good while that were up the front barrier got passes ye like it has always been done at the point?? they bring you little way after a nother and graually bring you closer to the door and then give you passes ye

iv never been to a gig in the o2 before and im just wondering about the ways its run and few of my friends that are queing are just worried
    im not this big paranoid freak about the lines and the way concerts are run as i said before i just dont like when people skip the line and people that have qued up a good while dont get a pass because i know what its like its horible hahah
    don't worry you'll get a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

is there even a pit at the O2?

i got my tickets - AUDI club for me! Woot!!!

iv been told by 2 people i know that do the security that there will be :S but im doubting it to now

always wanted to know whats the audi club is it a fancy bar or something i heard its real expensive to be a member

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Yea the Audi club is expensive alright.

The company i work for have a corporate membership there. Basically when we get tickets - we get special passed which get us access into the Audi club. It’s a separate entrance. When you go in you give your name and you are shown to your allocated table. (It’s really a just like a fancy bar). You can have food drinks brought to you. When the gig is about to start you call called and then you make your way out on to the balcony to your seats. Ours are usually front row just off centre. (In most gigs I’ve been to you can get down stairs of you want). You can leave your bags and coats at your table, there safe there.
    If there is an interval you can have drinks ordered and delivered to your table for when you return. And also get drinks from there during the gig.

also it has its own car park which is a big bonus.

that it really. roll on Blink:D

3102derek wrote: »
    Yea the Audi club is expensive alright.

The company i work for have a corporate membership there. Basically when we get tickets - we get special passed which get us access into the Audi club. It’s a separate entrance. When you go in you give your name and you are shown to your allocated table. (It’s really a just like a fancy bar). You can have food drinks brought to you. When the gig is about to start you call called and then you make your way out on to the balcony to your seats. Ours are usually front row just off centre. (In most gigs I’ve been to you can get down stairs of you want). You can leave your bags and coats at your table, there safe there.
    If there is an interval you can have drinks ordered and delivered to your table for when you return. And also get drinks from there during the gig.

also it has its own car park which is a big bonus.

that it really. roll on Blink:D

sounds good mate have a good one :D:D

ye i say they will alryt

i ccant wait for blink now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Please say there's a pit :D that would be awesome, but i can imagines some of the softer fans in the pit not moshing :/ that would be gheeey! XD

nah i say der wont be softer fans haha and even if there is they can join in or f*ck off i hate the moaners awwww stop bumping in to me with your jumping around hahaha

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

marko93 wrote: »
    Please say there's a pit :D that would be awesome, but i can imagines some of the softer fans in the pit not moshing :/ that would be gheeey! XD

Not as "gheeey" as kids moshing to songs that arent suitable for moshing, just so they can say they were moshing at a gig!

Hopefully there wont be too many of either kind of person! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Anyone know how fast these tickets sold out?

brk3 wrote: »
    Anyone know how fast these tickets sold out?

Standing was just under an hour.

• Advertisement

i have to keep this thread alive ahaha

theres not much news or updates on the sites etc

any body know of much news??

Advertisement