Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only website I can find on the subject..

http://www.last.fm/event/1448767+blink-182

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Spin 1038 just announced it apparently, it will be officially announced tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Link?!!! or gtfo

Horgan wrote: »
    Link?!!! or gtfo

No links yet because it's going to be officially announced tomorrow, as you would know if you had of read my post. Sorry I can't link to what my friend heard on the radio half an hour ago.

Just found this and this. Not a rumour anymore. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Priority tickets if you're with o2 go on sale tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

i cant wait :D
    what kind of crowd does everyone think it'll be like? more young people or old?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

i cant wait :D
    what kind of crowd does everyone think it'll be like? more young people or old?

Be a mixture I'd imagine. Young peolle for later stuff, older people for earlier stuff/nostalgia(like me:D)

In saying that, QotSA touring means I can't buy tickets for this anytime soon.

Mushy wrote: »
    Be a mixture I'd imagine. Young peolle for later stuff, older people for earlier stuff/nostalgia(like me:D)

In saying that, QotSA touring means I can't buy tickets for this anytime soon.

i'll be the young person there for old stuff :P
    and i'd imagine they'd be selling out pretty fast too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Thompson_2009

You guys think this will sell out? Im hoping to head into town thursday morning to get tickets. Reckon I'll get them handy enough?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Dout it, I can't imagine them having that more fans since they're last arena gig here in 2004, which didn't sell out.

Still, will be a good gig just for old time sake:) 45euro for a ticket ain't bad aswell.

their last show did sell out though and yeah, €45 is really good considering!

You guys think this will sell out? Im hoping to head into town thursday morning to get tickets. Reckon I'll get them handy enough?

thursday morning? you can only get priority tickets tuesday + wednesday and general sale tickets on friday :]

-EDIT- didnt realise ticket day changed from friday to thursday, sorry :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im glad its only like €45 so i wont break the oul bank. It says Special Guests. Hoping for Weezer or Offspring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hooray!!

\o/

Been keeping an eye on their tour dates on Hoppus' blog thingie and mentally willing them to come here. Very happy and excited. My favourite band growing up and still get good vibes listening to them today :D

I hope its a good support!
    Might be big-ish bands from America or smallish bands from the UK that Hoppus produces :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Zwillinge wrote: »
    My favourite band growing up and still get good vibes listening to them today :D

Im in the same boat! when I was 13-16 I loved blink and sum 41. It says on the mcd page that they are making a new album as well, that could be interesting, there last album was the best, i hated it at the time as it was so different, but I love it now. Was more of an indie album than punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

So happy now. I reckon this will sell out,standing anyway. Been listening to these guys since I was 11,didn`t make their last show here.

You sure? There where big gaps on the balcony from what I remember

Im pretty sure it did, I think thats why i couldnt go. cant fully remmeber!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Was more of an indie album than punk

are you jokin?????????? indie???????? their last album was punk!!!!!!more than half of the song wer punk on that album really not judgin or anytin really really am not and im sorry im just all excited and in an energy buzz about it all lol woooooooo

BLINK -182

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    are you jokin?????????? indie???????? their last album was punk!!!!!!more than half of the song wer punk on that album really not judgin or anytin really really am not and im sorry im just all excited and in an energy buzz about it all lol woooooooo

BLINK -182

well maybe not indie, but a lot of the songs were very different to the earlier blink 182 "sound". songs like I miss you, Stockholm Syndrome, The Fallen Interlude, Asthenia, All of This and I'm Lost Without You wouldn't have fitted in on the earlier albums. yea, its around 50/50, thats why i didnt like the album at the time! I loved the Box car racer ablum as well :)

Im pretty sure it did, I think thats why i couldnt go. cant fully remmeber!

they definitely sold out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Living Few

Can't wait for this, was at the last one in the point. Was pretty good although they did cram a load of their older songs (which I was excited to hear) into a five minute mash up which sucked b*lls. Hopefully this time they'll play carousel and ben wah balls ;)

Weird that the balcony was so spaced then. People must have just gone into the standing bit, which was litteraly like sardines.

Everyone always gets away with going to standing/back up to seating. Loads of people did it at Paramore in December and no-one batted an eyelid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Im glad its only like €45 so i wont break the oul bank. It says Special Guests. Hoping for Weezer or Offspring :)

I hope it's not the offspring! i want them to do their own show!!

Either way, can't wait for this:p:)

well maybe not indie, but a lot of the songs were very different to the earlier blink 182 "sound". songs like I miss you, Stockholm Syndrome, The Fallen Interlude, Asthenia, All of This and I'm Lost Without You wouldn't have fitted in on the earlier albums. yea, its around 50/50, thats why i didnt like the album at the time! I loved the Box car racer ablum as well :)

ahh man i didn mean my comment in a harsh way :) ye i get you those songs are really good and i do think they deserved a place on the album you also have to think that the likes of the take of your pants and jackets and the albums before were written when they wer in the later stage their 20's but with the last album they wanted to write a "mature" album thats the words of tom and mark at that time they all both had kids and things were diferent and they seen things diferently as such i liked it and i liked whowen i heard it for the first time and i still play it to dis day and never gets old god only knows what the next album will be like with marks elctronica music ,travis "homeboy" drumming and toms " a whicky way-oa's" and delay pedals haha

ah ye i blink arent propper punk but they still fit under the catagory their definatly pop punk more than anything

last time they didnt sell out straight away it took a few weeks for the tickets to go fully but this time it will sell out fully
    back in 2000 or something they were supose to play but they cancelled because tom slipped a disc in his back , people didnt get to see them den then they played again but ppl didnt see them then because people were to young or couldnt get a ticket but now fdis time theyl all want to see them so it will seel out

aswell as the emo kids or "scene kids" will want to see them becuse they seen them in the archive part of a kerrang magazine lol but they will have a good few old school fans there with the fact that they broke up and now they have got back together and its been a year people are dieng to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Would be great support but doubt the support would be that big for €45

€44.20 isnt bad bad thats really good and i say it will be the little srawnny californian bands like all time low or something like that i hope not. . . maybe somebody like motioncity sound track they are just finishing up in england so they might be back over or something it would be so kool if new found glory supported them or if millencolin .. . . . ps hope its not chester french ahah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have been waiting for this since they got back together!!! Cannot bloody wait....still get the auld goosebumps thinking bout Travis' solo in the point :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

A V A wrote: »
    €44.20 isnt bad bad thats really good and i say it will be the little srawnny californian bands like all time low or something like that i hope not. . . maybe somebody like motioncity sound track they are just finishing up in england so they might be back over or something it would be so kool if new found glory supported them or if millencolin .. . . . ps hope its not chester french ahah

Wasn't it sugarcult the last time??

Advertisement