Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Ah right. Misunderstood it completely :pac:

Thought the quality of Green Day's main support is debatable.....:o

i know some people might not like paramore but they are a big band and could have done a slot on their own

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A V A wrote: »
    he's getting the boat over, he's on the queen mary 2 , has his own studio set up in a room hahah i say the other people in the rooms can hear him pounding away

no !!!!!!!!! i meant if they would play marley park with the likes of the support foo fighters,metalica and green day got

foo fighters had nine inch nails

metallica was like a festival with thin lizzy , avenged sevenfold, and others

green day had paramore

i meant i hope they play marley because over the past years the support has been great with the bands that have played there

Ha id say its sound proofed and prob only allowed play till certain hours ha.

Yea there would be no way they could sell out Marlay on their own so id say maybe weezer or offspring(or both) would be unreal

Ha id say its sound proofed and prob only allowed play till certain hours ha.

Yea there would be no way they could sell out Marlay on their own so id say maybe weezer or offspring(or both) would be unreal

hmm ye good joice , they seem to be good pall with weezer , i say mark will want chester french , tom will want some stupid band :P trvs. . . dont know with him . . could bring his homies !!!

he has his kids with him, and 2 tour buses , thats mad, his kids get to travel the worlds , id love to be them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Look at the 02 webpage...... It's Luner Activity and Twin Atlantic supporting.....Ugh.......Just heard of them from Youtubing.

thats confirmed awhile.. .we've bracing ourselfs
    they are both terrible

• Advertisement

I just found out now, it's rotton. They actually won't do well here at all. Why did they bring them? They won't get the atmosphere going at all. I've decided tonight that I'm just going to find some fun people and mess around with them until Blink come on.

both bands are form england a scotland from what i know of so i know that twin atlantic has nothing to do with blink but mark hoppus produced our lunar activities album and i sau the label had something to do with it , every body on here thought it was all time low supporting i was almost convinced they were !!!

Yeah, Lunar and Blink are connected, but they shouldn't be touring with Blink. Twin Atlantic are just near here and they seem to suit the other weird band.

Yeah, that was what was meant to be happening but Blink 182 and All Time Low don't get on apparently.

I'm just hoping that no botteling happens because Blink won't come back then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I kinda like Twin Atlantic they kind of remind me of Biffy

Oh and Weezer has just came on my i pod................Maybe its a sign ha for next year

I love Biffy's old stuff, just HATE Twin Atlantic...to be fair I've only listened to one track but I couldn't listen to it the whole way through, I really did try.

Has anyone ever heard anything about Twin Atlantic/Lunar Activity shows or anything?

:L I was really hoping on Weezer supporting but nope, maybe some other time!

• Advertisement

yeah hmmm i dont think ill compare them to biffy that will ruin it for me haha,

blink and atl must get on because they do nothing but blink covers and marks said a few times that he talks to those"dudes" on a regular bases about their next recorded etc , i dont think travis likes them that much , clash of personality's, tom is just a weirdo he'l mess with anyone

Echooed AVA! I certainly won't be compairing them to Biffy :pac:

Yeah, I suppose, tbh I don't really mind anymore because they're not supporting. I actually wouldn't have minded All Time Low supporting, I don't like them but I could have managed them.

hmmm nah i wouldnt off i would thrown something at them and if they tried being tuff like they did at a concert before they would simply get slapped around hahaha i hate them , they have an attitude people dont know off , i dont know how people i have spoken to and know that have spoke to a few of them and said they are pricks !!!

shoite stop ranting barry calm down:p:p

bit of a let down with the supoort though , thought it was going to be a big one , just cant wait to see the videos of them in scotland on the 16th and 17th

Yeah, I'd have only been happy because my boyfriend loves them really. I like one or two of their songs but that's it. They're too whinny.
    shoite stop ranting barry calm down:p:p

bit of a let down with the supoort though , thought it was going to be a big one , just cant wait to see the videos of them in scotland on the 16th and 17th

We're on Boards.ie. It's hard not to rant :pac::pac::p And good idea, I shall be doing that too.

hmmm nah i wouldnt off i would thrown something at them and if they tried being tuff like they did at a concert before they would simply get slapped around hahaha i hate them , they have an attitude people dont know off , i dont know how people i have spoken to and know that have spoke to a few of them and said they are pricks !!!

Hang on, if you don't like a support band you throw stuff at them? That's exactly the kind of behavior I hate at gigs, if you don't like the support act ignore them, have a drink or show up after they've been on. You don't attack them while they're on stage, it's unfair to the band and the fans who are there to enjoy the show and have a good time.

thats just how things go.you will never stop it.iv been at concerts where a band i like and i went to enjoy,got bottled.you cant stop it so move on get over it !! i will be up the barrier so i wont be moving ill have to find something to throw hehe joking , i dont like the whole throwing of bottles and all that shoit iv only done it twice and thats when they insulted the crowd or something like that(cant remember), but my mates do it as a laugh but i dont think its funy i think its highly disrespectful and childish , but as i said you cant help it , i try and stop my mates and thats the best i can do , i aint guna say anything to another group.!!!i didnt follow a crowd when iv thrown a bottle it was just the feeling of the whole crowd!!

thats just how things go.you will never stop it.iv been at concerts where a band i like and i went to enjoy,got bottled.you cant stop it so move on get over it !! i will be up the barrier so i wont be moving ill have to find something to throw hehe joking , i dont like the whole throwing of bottles and all that shoit iv only done it twice and thats when they insulted the crowd or something like that(cant remember), but my mates do it as a laugh but i dont think its funy i think its highly disrespectful and childish , but as i said you cant help it , i try and stop my mates and thats the best i can do , i aint guna say anything to another group.!!!i didnt follow a crowd when iv thrown a bottle it was just the feeling of the whole crowd!!

So you can't stop other people bottling bands and find it childish and disrespectful yet you still do it. Grow the hell up, no matter how much you dislike a band there is no need to bottle them. I have been at gigs where a small potion of the crowd began throwing stuff onstage which resulted in the band walking off, ruining for myself and others a great day.

From your posts in this thread you seem to think that not only are you better than a lot of Blink fans just because you've been a fan for longer but that it's acceptable to bottle a band you dislike. It's people like you who ruin great gigs.

dude i only say those things because i know it annoys you , you insulted me on here before and on other threads.please dont start trying to be a moderator,telling me this and, you just proved my point with one post thatyour already having a go at me !!! thats all you do , you always have an opinion on me.so just give it a rest.

im not going to answer to your posts,and please dont make accusations about me thinking im a better blink fan than anybody or any of that on here because i aint and thats a stupid thing to say! thats that darko!stay away form me and ill stay away from you,the mods have said that, its pointless starting shoite again and dragging it through another thread!! so please leave it at that

just for the record i never said i bottled them cause i didnt like them , if me and the whole crowd were not happy because of what happened well thats that. i liked the band and payed my own in (why would i go payn waste money to bottle someone) , a situation happened and we payed to see it that situation roll out.which many people werent happy with !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

yeah hmmm i dont think ill compare them to biffy that will ruin it for me haha,

blink and atl must get on because they do nothing but blink covers and marks said a few times that he talks to those"dudes" on a regular bases about their next recorded etc , i dont think travis likes them that much , clash of personality's, tom is just a weirdo he'l mess with anyone

And hes in their "Weightless" video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

he's getting the boat over, he's on the queen mary 2 , has his own studio set up in a room hahah i say the other people in the rooms can hear him pounding away

Has Travis talked about flying at all since that plane crash?

Mr.S wrote: »
    If anything, i'd just love if you typed properly.

But thats a bit OT;)

BACK TO THE GIG.

Wonder what the setlist will be? And i hope they play that single they have finished, but somehow i doubt it.

no problem ;)

And hes in their "Weightless" video!

and hes played on stage with them a few times

Has Travis talked about flying at all since that plane crash?
    ye but he's said he's not comfortable with talking about it , he looked agitated talking about it , sure i wouldnt fly if what happened to travis happened to me

dude i only say those things because i know it annoys you , you insulted me on here before and on other threads.please dont start trying to be a moderator,telling me this and, you just proved my point with one post thatyour already having a go at me !!! thats all you do , you always have an opinion on me.so just give it a rest.

First off I never ever had a go at you, I asked you a few times to post in a manner which would be easier for everyone to read, you have improved since then but when you started on boards you never used full stops or paragraphs or a spell check. Secondly you're saying that the post I responded to was a cunning ploy by you to catch me out, sorry but that's complete and utter bull.
    im not going to answer to your posts,and please dont make accusations about me thinking im a better blink fan than anybody or any of that on here because i aint and thats a stupid thing to say! thats that darko!stay away form me and ill stay away from you,the mods have said that, its pointless starting shoite again and dragging it through another thread!! so please leave it at that

accusations, you repeatedly said in this thread how you were a much bigger fan and deserving to be at the gig than most of the new fans. Anyone who wants to see those posts can read back through the thread and find multiple posts proving that. next you'll be saying that I accused you of bottling a band when you never did, oh wait hang on the proof is a few posts above this one for all to see. Don't think that because the because most users don't agree with bottling a band you can turn around and say it was some cunning ploy to annoy another poster.

Back to the gig, I've been told that the band will be doing some media around the town before the gig, so if you're around town you may just see them. They are also supposed to be attending an after party in a rather prestigious Dublin location, not allowed to name the estanblishment but it's been the site of many a famolus names party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The awkward silence after a row on a forum....

iv just read a little of your post darko and i just stopped reading.because on here i have had decisions with people on boards to get a point across etc but you just made one reply and then the next one was and argument and you were basically jumping down my throat!from what i seen on here , you dont have discussions,you have arguments ,this is what what ime saying i do no think i am better than any person that is on this blink thread, i am not a greater blink than everyone else on here , you just think thatim finished with stupid argument thats seems to happen all the time so please just leave it that and lets not drag the it on in this a thread and ruin it

and yes awkard silence :)

any way i wonder if the merch will be any use , at the last one a few guys gave out loads and loads of those smiley stickers , my brother got a few because he was wearing famous stars and straps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

ye but he's said he's not comfortable with talking about it , he looked agitated talking about it , sure i wouldnt fly if what happened to travis happened to me

It must have been a traumatic experience so totally understandable. I'm just thinking how much of a pain that must be for touring... I don't picture Mark and Tom joining him on the ferries.

• Advertisement

It must have been a traumatic experience so totally understandable. I'm just thinking how much of a pain that must be for touring... I don't picture Mark and Tom joining him on the ferries.

ye i say would have been you know.it must be a pain but he has his family and he's said he doesn't even notice the time when he's with them haha and plus he has all his music gear set up and he does nothing but play music.i think travis is alot more wary of life and is grateful for everything he has, its making him a much better person!

ye i dont picture them doing the treck over,mark is already in london i think he's doing promotional work for his new show "a different spin with mark hoppus". and tom is busy aswell.he has his shoe company macbeth footware which has a new line just out and he is promoting it, also the A V A movie LOVE is being finished.

it still amazes me though, i would have thought they would of travelled as a band, in some video you see of them , its like they say " aww hows was the trip" were just in a band together but we dont travel or commun or talk with each other??i would travel with my band regards the time it would take.i say a boat trip would be great.sure all he's getting is mayber a total of 5 boat rides and the longest of them i s across the atlantic coming over and going home !!

Advertisement