Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,011 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair to critics saying that Blink can't keep doing songs like 'Dammit' and 'What's My Age Again?' (and god forbid 'F*ck A Dog'), I do think their last album was the most mature and probably my favourite album they've done.

I hate to say it but I find listening to a lot of their older stuff now does make me cringe a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

+1 on the self titled album, more mature stuff will suite them even better now if they bring it out. i dont cringe when i hear the older stuff , i think buddah, chesire cat and dude ranch are still great albums to listen to ! and i still love their humour

what would you guys prefer the stupid childish tom or the tom that talks about god and spirituality and weird stuff like that ???:P:P

haha i dont think that would happen tbh

If they spend the time telling dick jokes and acting like 14 year old kids I'll be very disappointed. I want them to get on stage and for 90 minutes or so play music, nothing more nothing less. I don't want members of the audience being brought on stage to sing songs, I don't want ages of banter, no I want them to simply get up there and play some music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

TBH my favorite thing about Blinks is that they have a perfect mix of music that really works for me. After TOYPAJ alot of people wondered how long they could keep the fratboy style music going but then they hit us with the self-titled album that was such a breath of fresh air.

• Advertisement

on mod life and the modcams etc he acts the same as he does with blink when he in the studio with ava etc . he did want a change in the way played music etc so maybe that just him doing what he wants to do.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

What time you guys Blink think will start playing? Need to know what time I can stay in the pub until!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Webz

If they spend the time telling dick jokes and acting like 14 year old kids I'll be very disappointed. I want them to get on stage and for 90 minutes or so play music, nothing more nothing less. I don't want members of the audience being brought on stage to sing songs, I don't want ages of banter, no I want them to simply get up there and play some music.

I disagree. I don't like it when bands come out, say "Hello", play their set, say "Thank You" and then leave. I think good crowd interaction should always be part of seeing a band live, and on a good night Blink can be hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY7ykY2LPHw

Going off topic here, how early do you think you would have to start queueing to get your hands on a pit pass?

Webz wrote: »
    I disagree. I don't like it when bands come out, say "Hello", play their set, say "Thank You" and then leave. I think good crowd interaction should always be part of seeing a band live, and on a good night Blink can be hilarious:

Going off topic here, how early do you think you would have to start queueing to get your hands on a pit pass?

i dont know how many time i arrived late aroun 4-6 and got a pit pass

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tgwkq/Zane_Lowe_Blink_182_Phoner/

go to around 47.10 , i thought it was funny , mark hoppus jocking about that when they play dublin he hopes we dont split blink up again haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,011 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I really despise Zane Lowe as an interviewer.. ick!

He constantly has his tongue firmly lodged up any interviewee's ass!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

basquille wrote: »
    I really despise Zane Lowe as an interviewer.. ick!

He constantly has his tongue firmly lodged up any interviewee's ass!

Agreed Zane is the most anoying interviewer

Webz wrote: »

Crowd interaction can be great and Blink can be funny but honestly, does anyone want to see a group of 30 something men talking about fucking dogs and family members. I would much prefer Blink to go out and play some music rather than try to be funny with immature jokes.

i dont really mind it , thats just who they are and who they always have been , i wont bother me one bit :D

oh mr s or anybody that saw blink at pullkepop , did you guys manage to see any of the tour merchandise??

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Hey all does anyone know what time the concert will be over? I need to catch a bus at Georges Quay at 12:45.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Corcs001 wrote: »
    What time you guys Blink think will start playing? Need to know what time I can stay in the pub until!

Bands headlining the O2 usually start at around 9pm. I can't see it being before that.
    Hey all does anyone know what time the concert will be over? I need to catch a bus at Georges Quay at 12:45.........

If they play for, say, an hour-and-a-half... should be over at around 10:30pm.

MCD may put up set times on their website within the next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

it'll be over by 11pm definately...most likely earlier.
    you have plenty of time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

If they play for, say, an hour-and-a-half... should be over at around 10:30pm.

MCD may put up set times on their website within the next week.
    it'll be over by 11pm definately...most likely earlier.
    you have plenty of time :P

Thanks a lot guys :) Was slightly freaking out, thought I wasn't able to go cause I have to be in Limerick Wed morn at 9am , so I can't miss this bus!!

A V A wrote: »
    oh mr s or anybody that saw blink at pullkepop , did you guys manage to see any of the tour merchandise??

Yea there was a few different shirts like Red or Blue 1s with Blink 182 on them or the one i got was a white t shirt with each members face in a coloured box and then the back had the tour dates

• Advertisement

they sound nice , i think i know the one your on about , seen it in a few pic's at secc,blink 182 writing is in a cool font ?? did they cost much , the normal 20-25 yoyo's
    i wonder i they will have any hoodies etc

feck sake i dont know weather to get my t shirt etc when i get in the door or just run straight for the barrier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

they sound nice , i think i know the one your on about , seen it in a few pic's at secc,blink 182 writing is in a cool font ?? did they cost much , the normal 20-25 yoyo's
    i wonder i they will have any hoodies etc

feck sake i dont know weather to get my t shirt etc when i get in the door or just run straight for the barrier

In my two experiences of queuing early for the O2 its only like the front 3 or 4 rows fill up, you have time to get some merch and get a great spot...unless you want to be right at the barrier, although I don't get why anyone would want that?
    I'm sure you know this anyway, I think you said you'd queued before

Crowd interaction can be great and Blink can be funny but honestly, does anyone want to see a group of 30 something men talking about fucking dogs and family members. I would much prefer Blink to go out and play some music rather than try to be funny with immature jokes.

I really agree with this. I've given out so many times about bands not inter acting with the crowd but for Blink if they're gonna make stupid jokes all night I'd prefer if they just played their set. That said, I'll probably have a few drinks before so I'll find the stuff hilarious, but still, some of it is a bit cringey

In my two experiences of queuing early for the O2 its only like the front 3 or 4 rows fill up, you have time to get some merch and get a great spot...unless you want to be right at the barrier, although I don't get why anyone would want that?
    I'm sure you know this anyway, I think you said you'd queued before

ye i know but iv never cared about a band like i do about blink i want to be right up at the barrier ! jus wondering will i have time cause i dont want the tshirts to sell out

ye i know but iv never cared about a band like i do about blink i want to be right up at the barrier ! jus wondering will i have time cause i dont want the tshirts to sell out

I would be highly doubtful of T Shirts selling out, I'd say most of their business is done after a gig. Personally I'd just get a cheap one of one of the guys outside. My 5 euro Arctic Monkeys T Shirt is still hanging in there since November :p
    Are you actually gonna go to the barrier? I always thought it'd be kind of annoying

ye i suppose :)
    ye i do want to go to the barrier , it will be worth it !! i know what its like cause iv done it a few time before , i didnt like it thb as im closterfobic hehe dont like being squased and confined in a small small !! but i will be defo doing it for blink

ye i suppose :)
    ye i do want to go to the barrier , it will be worth it !! i know what its like cause iv done it a few time before , i didnt like it thb as im closterfobic hehe dont like being squased and confined in a small small !! but i will be defo doing it for blink

I reckon my Green Day is your Blink and I queued early for them but I held back about 4 or 5 rows, just personally prefer having people all around me, each to their own I spose

Personally i dont see the point of getting crushed at the front for hours just to see a band. Id rathe have a few pints before and then head in get a decent spot and have the craic with a few friends. But if you like it enjoy :)

Mr.S wrote: »
    Unless you go at some crazy hour like 7am, getting the barrier will be near impossible for a gig like this!

thats what i plan on doing , iv liked blink for years and years and years !!!:D

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Unless you go at some crazy hour like 7am, getting the barrier will be near impossible for a gig like this!

I cycle by the 02 every day and the earliest I've seen any kind of queue was 10ish and that was for Beyonce, and the queue's are a lot later for rock bands

Advertisement