Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Personally i dont see the point of getting crushed at the front for hours just to see a band. Id rathe have a few pints before and then head in get a decent spot and have the craic with a few friends. But if you like it enjoy :)
    +1. The Vaults beside connolly station have 2 for 1 drink mMonday to Friday so thats where ill be up until Blink come to stage

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

What time would people have start queuing for the mosh pit up front :D!! going to be squashed to death anyway !! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I cycle by the 02 every day and the earliest I've seen any kind of queue was 10ish and that was for Beyonce, and the queue's are a lot later for rock bands

i was told that people were quing for paramore at like 7 and all ? i qued for foo's at the point a while back at about 11 and got up the barrier :rolleyes: ah i dont know , i think its the crack that counts and plus haven and matt who are filming the blinkumentary have came out at every blink show so far etc

****e... iv come from galway at god knows what time so to que !!
    what time you goin queuing ?

ill cue about 11

• Advertisement

that the time every1 be queuing at then prob ??

What time we let in at ?

dont know ye probly , but people just randomly join the cue at random times all through the day , people can come at 4 or 5 and still get in the pit , dorr open at half 6

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Bands headlining the O2 usually start at around 9pm. I can't see it being before that.

Deadly! Plenty of time so!
    brennarr wrote: »
    +1. The Vaults beside connolly station have 2 for 1 drink mMonday to Friday so thats where ill be up until Blink come to stage

See ya there!! ;)

just look at these performances of their show during the 2004 untitled album tour , listen to both songs they are just so amazing here and i dont think they ever will be like this again , the three of them are just on top of their game, and their playing their instruments right :P !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

That video makes me worried about the gig :( It doesn't look that good, why are they speeding up the songs so much? Miss you is sposed to be slow

• Advertisement

thats was back in 2004 form the video's seen most recently , its normal, but its a live performance,it would be boring just going out see a band playin the exact way they played in the studio

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Personally I'd just get a cheap one of one of the guys outside. My 5 euro Arctic Monkeys T Shirt is still hanging in there since November :p

None of that money goes towards the band though,which is why i never buy anything outside the gig. Some bands heavily rely on merch sales,and with smaller bands the merch sales could be the difference between them playing Ireland again or not. So i either buy something inside or dont buy anything at all, hate supporting the tshirt sellers and ticket touts outside gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

None of that money goes towards the band though,which is why i never buy anything outside the gig. Some bands heavily rely on merch sales,and with smaller bands the merch sales could be the difference between them playing Ireland again or not. So i either buy something inside or dont buy anything at all, hate supporting the tshirt sellers and ticket touts outside gigs

And their t-shirts are usually s***.

thats axactly my attitude aswell due :)

thew t shirts out side are horible and cheap !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

A V A wrote: »
    thats was back in 2004 form the video's seen most recently , its normal, but its a live performance,it would be boring just going out see a band playin the exact way they played in the studio

I don't expect the song to be the exact same as he studio version, but if all they do is speed everything up it'll be a little head wrecking. That said, I am only basing this on those two songs.

but they always have played fast live ?? and ever since they started !!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 suttonca2597

Anybody find out where the after party's at yet? I can't wait - even if its not great I know I'll enjoy it. I've taken the next day off so I can go nuts - 17 year old styleee. Gonna feel ooold! :D

dont get your hopes up on a after party , there wasnt any after party for the scotland shows , there were no parties for the festivals shows etc :rolleyes: but like travis has to get to austria for the 2nd of september and they might get the boat with him

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I remember the guys selling shirts outside for Kasabian spelled the bands name wrong so people were walking around with Kasaban shirts. I dont mind buying a shirt at a gig.

Just a heads up i seen them at Pukkelpop at the weekend and they were quite good live and was surprised

so it must be true :) was told there are very tight and there sound is good and also they are both singing great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

That video makes me worried about the gig :( It doesn't look that good, why are they speeding up the songs so much? Miss you is sposed to be slow

They don't play fast anymore. (well not on this tour anyway)

hello all ,

heading to blink next Tuesday evening and was just wondering where would ye all recommend staying after the gig , hotels prob too expensive though ?

any info is a help!!

cheers!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Jacob's hostel/inn on talbot street is pretty good.....stayed there for a few gigs before :)

Jacob's hostel/inn on talbot street is pretty good.....stayed there for a few gigs before :)

tell me more about it :) !

how far from the o2 ? price ? friendly ? security ?

cheers

would you not google the hotel name , you would get all the info you want :)

i did do that but I want first hand expirence !!!!!!

Just picked up a standing ticket off Ticketmaster, thought there would be releasing a load of them leading up to the gig (as is sometimes the case) but there's none available now.

I would like to get in to the pit... been a while since I've been willing to queue early to get in to one, but I may have ****ed up my chances as I have to pick up my ticket at the box office.

i thought all the standing tickets were sold out in the first few minutes ??

• Advertisement

For whatever reason extra tickets are usually released within the week prior to the gig. In this case it must have only been a few.

Advertisement