Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Would be great support but doubt the support would be that big for €45

the blink tour in america was cheap a lad i know flew over to vegas to see them play and the ticket was 25 dollars and it € thats rounghly 30 and panic! or some big names supotted them and on the other date tickets wer 20 dollars aswell all thanks to blink battling with their management

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Wasn't it sugarcult the last time??

but sugercult were good and most people liked them lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Millencollin maybe would be cool.
    But not so much New found glory, although i guess i'd live:p
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

True....... although they did feed into the OC culture slightly i never tire of hearing them.... Haven't Zebrahead some affiliation to Blink?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any indication of whether the O2 Blueroom tickets tomorrow will be limited to 3 / 4 per person?

Need 4!

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    True....... although they did feed into the OC culture slightly i never tire of hearing them.... Haven't Zebrahead some affiliation to Blink?

ahh but new found glory were i or around the time of blink i meant as in the stupid california bands that are around now a days you get me ??

ye millencolin would be so cool i dont think theyve ever played ireland tho
    your right we'l just have to wait and see there is no point in goin mad on whos goin to support them lol

i hope they play pranks on each other lik most of their tour dates lol

i dont know why but nowim thinkin you me at six will sport them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say if you see who is also playing Reading and Leeds since they pro will be announced in the next 20 mins or so. What about Billy Talent since they are playing with them in Germany around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

To whoever suggested you me at six could be support, I don't think that's gonna happen.
    They supported paramore in December, played their own show here last night, and announced they'd be back around December.
    I think that's enough times for a year...

I'm hoping for someone well known :)
    paramore are under them at reading/Leeds...but they're supporting green day so I guess that rules them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Thompson_2009

Im seriously worried I wont get a ticket :confused:

It's just "Priority Tickets" - it only represents about 10% - 15% of the total tickets available.

"Relax the cacks!"

• Advertisement

To whoever suggested you me at six could be support, I don't think that's gonna happen.
    They supported paramore in December, played their own show here last night, and announced they'd be back around December.
    I think that's enough times for a year...

hahahah ye your right man

blink never fail with good support

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Know the feeling ;)

It's like we all know we'll get a ticket as long as we get it early, but still the fear of not getting one :eek:

I actually do think I would cry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Billy talent are also playing reading & leeds, so maybe them.

I hope it's NOFX, they're playing r & l too, but don't really think they would

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ofcourse you will. Blink aren't that popular here, plus with no new material/album promo, be easy to get a ticket:)

are you also having a laugh you obviouslly dont know the blink following in ireland they are very popular over here and they have only played here once in the total 19 years that theyve been together and people are goin to go weather or not they have a new album or not just rememeber THEY BROKE UP AND NOW ARE BACK TOGETHER and they all have done there own separate projects and have picked up more fans over the years and there people that havent seen them before

and also so many people are getting people they know are on the o2 network to get there tickets on pre sale tomrow and thats a good few iv been talkin to and thats only in blanch and i dont talk to everyone lol just imagine everywer in dublin and then ireland

i tink it will sell out and theyll play onther date probly

A V A - your grammar and punctuation are giving me a serious headache.. I'm not usually a grammar nazi but c'mon, use your full keyboard!

Any Blink fans I've meet in the last few years have been quite young (18 or under).. they really gained a lot of new fans (although quite young fan-base) around the time of "Blink 182" and their subsequent break-up but for someone who first got into them between the release of 'Dude Ranch' and 'Enema of The State', I honestly do think the concert will be full of a largely young "new fanbase" as I think most people around my age who listened to them probably have grown out of the appeal of the band. They are quite poppy - but in saying that, "Blink 182" was a fantastic album and a real grown-up mature album. I'm hoping the new album will be more of the same!

Myself and a few friends are simply going for the craic and we listened to them religiously when we were younger, and I had a ticket for the gig which was cancelled due to Tom throwing out his back. I probably haven't listened to any of their material in 2 - 3 years.. although listening to songs like 'Going Away To College' and 'Dammit' today did get me a bit pumped.

It's going to be a very young crowd.. I'd be suprised if it sells out!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

With Paramore supporting Green Day, I nearly say Weezer are favourites for a support slot. If not, Weezer for their own show:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If it's a really young crowd, it's going to make standing absolute hell if you want to be close. Although, there's no way I'm sitting. I might be considered one of the young ones though being 18, but I know lots of 14/15 year olds who love blink, so it will probably be full of them.

kateos2 wrote: »
    If it's a really young crowd, it's going to make standing absolute hell if you want to be close.
    I'm aiming for a few sitting tickets (albeit decent ones) for just this reason!

Bunch of young wans hopped up on "goofballs"!

3544174v11_480x480_Front.jpg

But that might just be the 26 year old in me out-in-force!
    Mushy wrote: »
    With Paramore supporting Green Day, I nearly say Weezer are favourites for a support slot. If not, Weezer for their own show:D
    I reckon the days of Weezer supporting Blink are well and truly gone.. and especially not both bands for €45 a ticket!

Unfortunately! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Major crossing of fingers that they play Aliens Exist!
    Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, Kut U Up as supports anyone? Bit of a Riding in Vans With Boys reunion...hmm, a girl can dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

I'm looking to line up thursday morning for some tickets. I JUST managed to secure my Flight of the Conchords tickets when lining up in St.Stephen's Green last month, so hopefully luck is on my side this time too.

This could make or break my year. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'd love if Jimmy Eat World supported. That'd be so good.

tomissex wrote: »
    Major crossing of fingers that they play Aliens Exist!
    Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, Kut U Up as supports anyone? Bit of a Riding in Vans With Boys reunion...hmm, a girl can dream.
    They're bound to play 'Aliens Exist'... I'm say practically half of EOTS will get a play!

Christ.. aiming a bit high with those support acts. Odds are it's gonna be a fairly small band.

I'd love to hear Carousel (but not the 'Cheshire Cat' version - the Buddha version with the really great raw sounding guitar intro.. when i say "raw", I mean "unproduced"! :D)

Ill just get mine on the web as usual :) . Hopefully we get a decent Special Guests although we will prob get some dublin band instead. Although wouldnt mind All Time Low(i might get shot bu they have catchy songs) or Billy Talent but would seriously love Weezer.

Yea ive a big feeling that they crowd will be really young and will have be shouting "I Love You Mark,Tom or Travis" which means it could sell out. Dont care they wont ruin the gig for me

I would do mine online, but students and Credit Cards just dont mix. :p

IMO, much easier to get a ticket online then to que up.
    The joys of laser cards:D

Tell you what. Let me borrow your card details, and I'll send you fifty eu...

...no? Didnt think so... :(

what with Reading/Leeds on, its likely we could get a decent enough support band. Wouldn't be expecting the likes of Weezer or JEW but Billy Talent/Lostprophets could be in for it.

Yea would love BT or Losprophets .

Spot the Tom Delonge fan boy :pac:

hahaha wooops sorry im coming off way to strong ha but im just so pumped about this now and im 19 but i feel like im 19 listening to mutt and anthem for the first time awww god it makes me smile man

jimmy eat world would be good all those old skool bands would be kool not those new kind of emo bands

awwww goldfinger would be so good or lit hahaha but like people have said they wont be big name bands haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

firstly YAY. i have been a fan since I was about 10/11 (19 now..excitment overload when i heard they were coming back here)

secondly. n00bish question..how exactly do i buy tickets through the presale? i have my password and everything from o2, do i go on the o2 site at 9am to buy them or can i do it directly through the ticketmaster website?

how many tickets do you guys reckon they will have for the standing area?

as for support bands..if its someone like you me at six or home star runner i am going to be so p*ssed. would love to see jimmy eat world support, or maybe even taking back sunday even though i have seen them a few times. i'd settle for billy talent too. so glad paramore are supporting green day so i don't have to witness them again..seen them in 2008 they were awful live :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

you will get one! it probably will sell out, but id say not right away.
    A V A wrote:
    and also so many people are getting people they know are on the o2 network to get there tickets on pre sale tomrow and thats a good few iv been talkin to and thats only in blanch and i dont talk to everyone lol just imagine everywer in dublin and then ireland

i tink it will sell out and theyll play onther date probly

but there is a limited amount of presale tickets. there will still be well over 10,000 going on sale on thursday morning. even at that, I would be surprised if it sells out friday. Not a notion of another date, they wouldnt sell 30,000 tickets.
    tomissex wrote:

I think you would have to dream!:D

EDIT "Under 16s to be accompanied by an adult"
    lots of tickets wasted there :(

Advertisement