Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    really? i really like 'we dont need to whisper' but after that it all went down hill. by the third album tom was just ripping off his own ideas from earlier songs, he would have been better off ripping somebody else's music.

I don't know, I almost felt the opposite to be honest. Didn't really like the first album, thought i-Empire was abit better but I really enjoyed Love.

I do know what you mean, though. Alot of AvA's songs are very similar but personally there's something about the lyrics that I find fascinating. :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

all of ava's songs are structured the same , most of the songs have the same piano chords and synths etc ::) but all sounds good

the first album was just amazing , i still listen to it the whole way through , and the visuals and art work were just amazing , the second album was great and was more epic with the massive anthems etc :P:P:) the third i thought it was a bit weak in sounding considering the amount of time they took to write and record it , but still a great album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

...is this suddenly the Angels + Airwaves discussion topic? :confused::cool:

nah just the last 4 posts :S

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

So who is supporting Blink on Tuesday? And also does anyone know around what time they'll take to stage at?

• Advertisement

anybody watching blink on the live feed or watching it on bbc 3 at 11:15 ??

A V A wrote: »
    anybody watching blink on the live feed or watching it on bbc 3 at 11:15 ??
    Missed the first ten minutes, gutted. Just in time for I Miss You. :cool:

i miss you is the only thing have shown so far

i wish tom would sing fcuking better and stop acting the dope hahah sounds like he cant play guitar hahah

tom looks really really happy :)

the faces tom is pulling is really funny

• Advertisement

That gave me an erection.

Then Paramore came on and I lost it. :mad:

Believe it or not I'm not gay. :o

dont tell anyone but ye i kind of thought that myself :P but he was good at shredding back in the day good punk riffs ??

ye but they do have a stage presence or something that makes up for them not being that great

but did you not see them last night on the reading footage and live stream??wow i was blown away by how tight they were , much better from what they use to be

u were at pullkepop ye? tom doing his ****ty guitar interludes that were all the same in each song , did that not piss you off ?

dead right but , people do change within a space of over 10 years you now, they are alot older but no excure for tom trying to "properly" sing , and no need for his ava voice either !! marks seems to be on top of his game :P and so does travis , think its just tom ??

and ye mark made a few references to dublin "splitting them up" as a joke hahaha so i say they will
    i wonder will there be many empty seats ???
    where the mechandise stand in the o2 , ?? last time i was there i couldnt find it

Mr.S wrote: »
    Mark's a bit better at singing now, no doubt at that still a few songs he can't sing though.

Travis was always just perfect ;)

Age seems to have bit Tom the worst heh, overweight and just not the same as before.

The merch stands are on the ground floor at the back of the standing area (when you walk in you see them), theres one on the balcony level too.

Well standings sold out, but theres still a good few seats left unsold soo there will be gaps.
    ye mark misses a few notes , and i really didnt realize how old tom was untill i seen them on the bbc live feed !!! i really fcuking hope he doesnt try to sing like he does in ava on the blink album !!!!!

fcuk sake i dont think ill have time to get a tshirt i wana run straight to the barrier !!would i have time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Living Few

Actually, Tom is neither a sh*t guitarist nor a sh*t singer. He's just sh*t at doing them at the same time, which is why Blink live can sound so bad. ;)

If you play an instrument and sing you'll know just how difficult it can be at times. Unlike most three piece bands a.k.a: Greenday, Blink don't use a second guitarist who nobody knows to make up for the loss in quality, they just plough through like a good punk band should; accepting the fact they suck live.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn-K7QtRdTg

some of my faith has been restored, lets just hope they are in the mood for tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FeatherWeather

coming on a bus from leitrim to the point, anywhere around the o2 or a couple luas stops away we could get to an off licence and a deli? also is there any sort of chipper or anything around the o2 for afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

coming on a bus from leitrim to the point, anywhere around the o2 or a couple luas stops away we could get to an off licence and a deli? also is there any sort of chipper or anything around the o2 for afterwards?

There's a Spar just down the road. One luas stop away I think. Don't know about afterwards, there may be a fast food van but I don't think I've ever seen one! Probably have to go up to O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Living Few

Don't think it's really relevant to be honest. He writes the material for Angels and Airwaves, ok so some of the guitar is repetitive, but what makes Tom a grand guitarist is that he doesn't play sh1te twelve hour solos to prove it. He just writes a grand little riff that sticks in your head.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    i beg to differ.

Look at Angels and Airwaves live, on songs he doesn't play;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I've heard off a few different people that there's no pit for tomorrow but people said that for green day last October and I still queued out and low and behold there was a pit.

So does anyone have any official word on what the crack is?

the that i kow thats own the electric company that does the electricitie and lights etc said that there will be , im seeing him later in the pub and hes in the o2 today so ill ask hime later on and tell you's later

look at this shot of blink at reading , , , ,jaysus thats a crowd 153975699.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1283185068&Signature=n8BKKlY5Icj9wr7H4KvGS0YiZrI%3D

We have something to follow up as a crowd!
    :eek:

The word on Facebook is that people have been ringing the o2 and apparently there's no pit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Yeah saw that too, completely sold out now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Yeah definitely no pit for tomorrow. Good news for me, I can make my way to the front :)

I've just heard from a security friend of mine that's worked at a few shows in the past and he's said if you call the o2 they'll say that there isn't a pit for 2 reasons;
    1. That they can cover their asses if fights break out or a riot etc.
    2. That it's never fully decided until about 1 or 2 if they will put one up. When they have a look at the queue that's there, if there's the same amount there in the queue that the pit takes up then they'll issue passes as they don't want a stampede when they open the doors.

The example he used was RATM, no pit needed as most of the people were going only arrived an hour or so before it started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

http://www.nme.com/news/blink-182/52760

No one else find toilet/sex humour coming from blokes in their mid to late 30's a bit sad? I bet they laugh when someone says Uranus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭YouTalkinToMe

Im workin at the gig 2mrw and i dont think theres a pit.I was at the 02 saturday and the setup didnt look like a pit was included.

Advertisement