Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Just got off the phone my mate and he said that theres less than 50 people in line...

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

ok here is what we do. ring into joe duffy and start a national 'outcry' at the amount of kids skipping secondary school to wait outside the 02. then the schools and parents will drive by the 02 and pick their kids up. all the over 18 show goers can now go to the pub and waltz into the pit at 7:30pm. anybody up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    ok here is what we do. ring into joe duffy and start a national 'outcry' at the amount of kids skipping secondary school to wait outside the 02. then the schools and parents will drive by the 02 and pick their kids up. all the over 18 show goers can now go to the pub and waltz into the pit at 7:30pm. anybody up for it?

This is the best idea of all time ha. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Mr.S wrote: »
    anyone know what the Audi Club @ the o2 is :confused:?

It's an expensive members bar in the venue I believe.

Free food, less queues - that kind of thing. Costs a bomb to join it though.

Competition winners and the like probably get to go in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This would probably cause A V A to explode.

Do it.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    This would probably cause A V A to explode.

Do it.

i thought he was 19, hardly still in school. if anything he would ring joe.

I tell you, I'll have a few drinks in me and I'll be trying to get as close as I can when I get there, I really hope I don't shove past AVA, he will kill anyone who gets in his way of Blink

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Tenks wrote: »
    Just got off the phone my mate and he said that theres less than 50 people in line...

Queue in front of me..

154439583-692005c59e4e993cd55c203270f8dfea.4c7d03d8-full.jpg

Queue behind us.

The line has turned on itself a little while ago.

154439571-087efbb03078573e5d4af4d1c3f0444d.4c7d03d8-full.jpg

Jaysus thats some crowd. Its only Blink 182 like.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Had a stroll down there on my lunch from work. Crowd surely building up already at least 2-300 there already.

I think ill go in around 8 if blink are not taking to stage until around 9

• Advertisement

He's 19?

Lamb of God...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

wow thats a fairly big line for so early. im not leaving my house till about 7. ah to be young again and queue for hours to get to the front only to get crushed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

brennarr wrote: »
    Had a stroll down there on my lunch from work. Crowd surely building up already at least 2-300 there already.

I think ill go in around 8 if blink are not taking to stage until around 9

Im in the same boat.

I no this has been asked a few times with gigs in the O2 but is it easy to sneak down from the upstairs cause my friends are up there and im downstairs. The plan i had was to tell them to head down to the smoking area and then just walk threw the door into the standing area. If this cant be discussed Mods i aplogies

What pubs are decent for a couple of pints in the vicinity of the O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

the jury's inn along the quays is grand for a few pints. was in there before iron maiden

the white horse (Possibly called mcdonagh's now) on the opposite side of the river is also a nice spot.

Both are still a good 10 - 15 mins walk away from the o2. don't really know of anywhere closer

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Wot?...no one at de gig with Internet on their phone?!

A V A where are yers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Simon201 wrote: »
    Wot?...no one at de gig with Internet on their phone?!

A V A where are yers!

If i'm at a gig and i have time to think "i should go on boards and talk about this" it would have to be a pretty ****ty gig.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If i'm at a gig and i have time to think "i should go on boards and talk about this" it would have to be a pretty ****ty gig.

Yeah guess that's true! And I'm guilty meself! Posted that last post on the first Luas leaving!

And yeah it was an excellent gig!

I normally 'soak' myself with a bands songs in the coming weeks to a gig on the van CD player and then after, I dont really want to hear the stuff. But tomorrow the Greatest Hits is going straight back on!

Also maybe I'm gettin a bit old but what is it about these people that just bump into you as they're going by? Is it a teenage thing or what? I dont even think it's like they're drunk or whatever...

ah.. now home for me cocoa and slippers!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As I said to my friend before the encore, if they play Carousel and Dammit, I can die!

** dies **

Yes, Tom's voice was patchy at times but they still had a helluva stage presence. I was dreading hearing his
    voice but it wasn't that bad!

Travis's encore solo was astounding!

Plenty of great stuff - thought 'Feeling This' was great live. If they played again, I'd go in a heartbeat.

I'm fecking hoarse now. Hearing all those songs I grew up with really put a smile on my face and I shouted from the top of my lungs - Josie was a nice addition too.

VERY young crowd.. But can't say I didn't expect it!

Time for a shower and an early night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Currently waiting on a bus home. Thought it was a fantastic gig. Really enjoyed it, despite the fact that at one stage I was surrounded on all sides by sweaty shirtless teenage boys. :( Why can't people just keep their clothes on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Speechless.

Amazing experience. Cant believe how great they were. Lined up at about 5.30 and had abit of a buzz in the line, chilled about and got a shirt. As in like the third row for Twin Atlantic and got ****ed about throughout it. Couldnt even move.

When the curtain dropped the athmosphere was unreal. Never felt such a buzz. My mate fainted half way through Dumpweed due to the heat and pure amazement. Had to drag him out, was pretty bummed at first but you get a great view no matter what in the o2.

Setlist was amazing, they were tight as ****. Funny too.

Delighted with the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, I knew Dumpweed would open it..

., but you couldn't pick a better opening song!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

CMpunked wrote: »
    There's a few nut jockeys standing beside us just shouting and making funny remarks out of everything. Wrecking my head!!
    The rest of the queue is grand, WHY have I to be beside these?

I'd nearly move back further just so I don't have to listen to them.:mad:

Was one of em in a Rancid t-shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Well that was just simply amazing! The drum solo was insane, never seen anything like it, i was sitting and the frickin speakers were blocking alot of my view.

But overall fantastic, all the popular songs from childhood, brought back alot of memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was anthem pt 2 played like in the last few shows? Kicking myself for not going :mad:

Blink 182 - o2 Dublin!

attachment.php?attachmentid=126155&stc=1&d=1283295389

seanaor wrote: »
    Was one of em in a Rancid t-shirt?

ah jeez did you get that as well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A V A wrote:
    It was OK I guess, no great shakes

I agree :p

Nah, good fun. Felt a bit weird being 'old' in the crowd - I'm 22 ffs! - but the band were on form, plenty of energy. Great opening few songs: What's My Age Again so early got me pumping. I was a bit bored during what my cousin dubbed 'the boring emo songs' (e.g. stuff from self-titled, which was after my obsessive 182 fandom) but they kicked it into overgear with the likes of Man Overboard, Anthem Part II and Don't Leave Me. Dammit encore was great, although left reeling after they didn't play my all time favourite Blink song, ya know that one about Adam.

A night of nostalgic fun for all the family then. Apart from those slightly forced moments of banter, but generally the interaction was energetic if a wee bit childish. It is a Blink 182 gig after all.

However, Twin Atlantic are officially the worst supporting band I've ever sat through. I really felt old listening to that cack!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Simon201 wrote: »
    ah jeez did you get that as well!

Nah that was me. Sorry. :(

that was amazing! tom was a lot better then i expected, even from the reading and leeds videos i was a bit scared but he pulled it off in the end. i am dripping sweat at the moment, time for a shower and bed.

they really should have put a pit in. it was just plain unsafe at some points, the amount of people getting thrown around was crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Unreal gig, travis's drum solo was amazing!! Does anyone know if that is a him and DJ AM song? Really wana get it!

Advertisement