Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Unreal gig, travis's drum solo was amazing!! Does anyone know if that is a him and DJ AM song? Really wana get it!

from what i could tell it sounded like jay-z but i could be wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was in blistering Spanish heat last week, but there were far more topless men tonight then there were over there :pac:

Crowd was OK where I was, a good bit back though. Could still see nice and clearly, but seemed to be just behind any major mosh pits. Felt refreshing to be at a proper 'rock' (if pop punk counts as rock!) concert though, most gigs I go to these days are far more muted affairs. Overenthusiastic youngsters are definitely a concern at these types of gigs, but let them have their fun!

Didn't agree with the people lighting up beside me though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I was dreading the crowd at this but it actually turned out great! I got pretty close to the front and had a great view.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

loved it apart from the thick who tackled me from behind for no reason ****in idiot was wacked off his face got a nice choke and a few digs for his troubles tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Really enjoyed tonight more then I thought I would, crowd were so up for it...highlight, Dammit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Carousel for me. Tom had the first verse PERFECT. Gave it socks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

That was a million times better than pukkelpop. Also got to meet Mark when he came out to the queue at about 3ish. Was there from half 11, pretty annoying that security wouldn't let us sit down, and after Mark came out we were squashed standing for 3 hours. Worth it though was a few rows from the front. Such a good gig.

Was it me or were Twin Atlantic incredibly boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Tom1991 wrote: »
    loved it apart from the thick who tackled me from behind for no reason ****in idiot was wacked off his face got a nice choke and a few digs for his troubles tho

Funny, really, i was pushed into a shirtless guy who grabbed me by the throat and hit me.

Edit- but i wasnt whacked off my face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

I tell you, I'll have a few drinks in me and I'll be trying to get as close as I can when I get there, I really hope I don't shove past AVA, he will kill anyone who gets in his way of Blink

me will comment more tomorow muching on a wagon wheel right now :P

night ladzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Twin Atlantic were meh. Alot of their tunes were ridiciously samey. The 'is there anybody out thuurr?' one was pretty good though I'll admit.
    Still buzzed from the show. I wanna go back, darn it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Brilliant but there were too many dickheads at this concert. One guy grabbed me by the throat and tried to chokeslam me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭J-C

Unbelieveably good gig. Highlights were man overboard and carousel, especially with the full intro from Buddha. Crowd seemed to die down a bit during Josie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Epic gig! Setlist was better than i was expecting (didnt try and find it out beforehand) and considering some of the youtube vids iv seen, they sounded pretty damn good tonight! Nice amount of joking , personal touches talking about Ireland etc, and Travis' daughter pretending to play drums beside him at the start was possibly the cutest thing iv ever seen! :D Well worth all the Queing all day! came home with the red tshirt which i was intending to get, and one of the bunnys which was more of an impulse buy! :D

But christ the emos/teenagers/whatever are really really really annoying and ignorant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Great gig, well worth it but I was a bit suprised the crowd was so young ??? Blink disbanded 5 years ago or so and a lot of the crowd would only have been 11/12 or so at the time by the looks of things??? Didn't think they'd be interested in older bands to be honest :confused: Thought there would be more of an early twenties average.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

kateos2 wrote: »
    That was a million times better than pukkelpop. Also got to meet Mark when he came out to the queue at about 3ish. Was there from half 11, pretty annoying that security wouldn't let us sit down, and after Mark came out we were squashed standing for 3 hours. Worth it though was a few rows from the front. Such a good gig.

Was it me or were Twin Atlantic incredibly boring?

For real? What was stoppin ya all from just parkin yer arses?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

That was the concert that we should've gotten 6 years ago!

But it was sooo much more. Tom seemed to be really enjoying himself at some points, something that he hasn't done as much in vids I've seen from previous tour dates.

Now.
    On the flip side..
    What in the blue hell were the o2 thinking, NOT putting up a pit?

I could not enjoy myself until well past what's my age again because things seemed to die down.
    The amount of poor young 'uns that were walking OUT of the crowd because they were hurt or was going to be hurt if they stayed where they were.

If you follow this thread back you'll see I was pretty sure they would put up a pit.

They expected this gig to be attended by a lot of under 20s, at 11 the queue was massive from what I've seen it before in the o2. (green day, paramore, etc) the queue system was a clusterbuck and the stewards seem to not have any idea what to do but shout at people.
    WHY there was no pit confuses me. People were hurt, my mate got a elbow right in his stomach. No fault of the owner of the elbow, but the prays beside him.

I want to know what the criteria was to decide that there would not be a pit and why they couldn't make an announcement to the queue that there was none when it started getting bigger.

I know I might be going on about this a little too much but there's a few questions I'd like answered, who should I direct them to; the o2 or mcd?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

scudzilla wrote: »
    For real? What was stoppin ya all from just parkin yer arses?

The threat was, and I quote, "you can't sit down at all or you'll have your tickets taken off you!"
    Ridiculous security!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭antz182

CMpunked wrote: »
    The threat was, and I quote, "you can't sit down at all or you'll have your tickets taken off you!"
    Ridiculous security!
    worst secuturity i've ever seen at a concert, they broke up a section of the crowd that were moshing, only to turn their back to another one, where i seen a girl no taller than 4 and a half foot knocked to the ground by flying elbows, absolute disgrace on MCD's part!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Pretty dn amazing!

Ended up with getting the following merch:2 shirts, 2 bunnies...and one of travis's used drum sticks :D so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have to say they were a lot better than I thought they were going to be. Man Overboard was brilliant and was delighted when Carousel came on, my favourite Blink song. As for Travis's Encore solo, fcuking brilliant, great showpiece.
    Nah, good fun. Felt a bit weird being 'old' in the crowd - I'm 22 ffs!!

Same, got there at about 8 and the amount of 15/16 year olds already stumbling around off their tits was ridiculous, I'd imagine half of them don't even remember the concert.

Managed to get about 30 foot from the front for the first few songs but my girlfriend couldn't see so we moved back a bit. After we moved back there was some bell end walking around just pushing everyone as hard as he could and not even paying attention to the stage. As we were leaving though I saw him sitting down with a burst nose so looks like someone gave him what he deserved at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

One of the worst crowds I've seen at a rock gig. Any little bump into someone was met with harsh stares. My mate was a bit drunk a bumped into some people and some bitch got security to kick him out. this was near the front. You're supposed to bump into people. Nobody seemed to be going anyway mad at all, everyone just standing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

seanoar i doubt that was me as the last thing people want to see is me without no t .some manic lookin idiot it was.****in great gig tho

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

that was an incredable gig still on a high!! for the last one i qued for a full day got a pit band so i thought this time i wont bother gettin there at 8 in the morning got there at about 8 had a few drinks and as soon a blink started we managed to make out way to the very front RESULT!!! it was jut amazing!!!! so glad i didnt que all day this time tho!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Tom1991 wrote: »
    seanoar i doubt that was me as the last thing people want to see is me without no t .some manic lookin idiot it was.****in great gig tho

Slaps were being thrown everywhere... The lad that got me got dragged away later in the night for crowd surfing...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

What a night!!!

That was a fantastic show. ALOT better then the one 5-6 years ago. I went on my own, so was talking to a few people and they were all basically excited about seeing childhood heros and how they all had tickets to the gig where Tom hurt his back. I was the same :P

After seeing the Reading/Leeds gig I was a little uh oh about hearing Tom's vocals, but he only seemed to put on his D4ish accent - "Hello thar, angel from the dorkness" - for the self titled album, but it was pulled off pretty well. Mark looked less tired, from watching previous gigs and the odd interview, he looked exhausted, so was good seeing him looking well (and ladies, how well did he look? :D :cool:)
    While Travis' drum solo blew me away! The use of the curtain for that was brilliant, a great way to start an encore.

Picked up one of those Blink Bunny things, impulse buy, he just looked so darn cute :D

The crowd did seem a bit strange alright. The younger ones were either unneccessarily pushy or not impressed if you knocked into them slightly. Didn't seem to be a happy medium from where I was, but then I was also surrounded by a dozen shirtless men :pac:

All the songs were deliciously brilliant, everything I wanted to hear from when I was younger and if they played again, I would see them again in a heartbeat. Fantastic setlist!
    Also fun banter from them - Tom on what we said at the last gig that made them break up, whoops ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Living Few

What an amazing gig! I was also at the one six years ago, and they were ok then, but the tension between them was very noticeable. The lads seemed to be getting on fine this time.

The lads with no shirts are just kids, they were having a good time and some of them were just trolling the older, dare I say, more boring members of the crows (me included lol)

I had a great time; the best song for me was by far Carousel, as they hadn't played it at the last gig and they f*cking nailed it. Josie and Dammit get honoreable mention and feeling this kicked ass too.

The overall highlight of the night and allowing me to be a little smug, was knowing all the words to every song after all this time, especially the words to Carousel and Josie and all the older songs. It was made even more sweet by watching all the little emo f*gs standing around kicking their heals, not knowing where to look and looking like spare tools during these songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

The overall highlight of the night and allowing me to be a little smug, was knowing all the words to every song after all this time, especially the words to Carousel and Josie and all the older songs. It was made even more sweet by watching all the little emo f*gs standing around kicking their heals, not knowing where to look and looking like spare tools during these songs.

LOL me too!! I felt so old when I arrived first but as soon as they started playing I forgot all about that. Fave songs of the night were Always and Josie. Awh wish I was there now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Webz

That was by far the best concert I've ever been to! For all the worrying I saw about Tom's performance I thought he was fantastic. Both guitar and vocals were so much better than I was expecting and he seemed to really be enjoying himself. For all the worrying about the immature dick jokes as well, I thought they were hilarious :)

I don't have any complaints about the crowd myself. Which side were you all on? I was very close to the front where Tom was and everyone seemed friendly and enjoying themselves.

I got smacked in the face with one of Travis' drumsticks at the end :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Great gig although missed the 1st song and just came in as Feeling This came on , had a great time i think along with Muse , Blink 182 are better indoors imo . Had a feeling it would be full of young people even though im 21 ha.

Just a question why do all emo's/younger people have to bring a rucksacks to gigs??? Dont no how many i got hit with.

Apart from that had a great time and as already said they were better then Pukkelpop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Webz

Mark just posted to facebook:

"By the way, has anyone seen my face laying around? I think Dublin may have rocked it off last night. Such a fun show. Great to return to the spot of the last blink-182 show before the hiatus and have such an amazing time. Thanks to all who came out."

:D

Advertisement