Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 Tues 31st August All discussion no ticket sales or swaps.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i dont know where to start :S:S:S i was just amazed at how god they where

mark is just the nicest person you will ever meat , i arrived in the line at about 11, (i woke late :P) and he came out around three and handed out stickers to everyone in the line that he could , and there were loads of people in the line , he took his time to shake my hand and all i could say was ," oh my fcuking god its mark hoppus , his teethe are so white"????? and then he laughed haha, that was the best moment of my life :)

anyway i was i the line and the amount of stupide emo's and little ones really fcuking annoyed me, and what is with bags???? that really pissed me off,some were a bit drunk which annoyed me . i was at the front of que and what really really pissed me off was people jumpin the barrier and into the very front of the line , i got 4 or 5 thrown out and pushed 2 off the barrier as they tried to get in

i was dressed in normal cloths, a nice pair of jeans , shoes famous shirt and hoodie, i wasnt trying to be a scene kid or look like a punk like people on here mentioned 3 threads back :P
    i made it to the front and was on front of mark for the first 6 or 7 songs but then i had to get out i just couldnt take the heat any more and the amount of people on top of me was unreal,im a small lad as it is so i was dying and my god mark was on his game and so great on bass , and his moves were excellent aswell hahaha tom looked like he was enjoying himself , his little dances accross stage were funny and great , he was ****ing great on guitar and vocals where so much better !! the jokes were funny to but i thought there would be more :P and travis was just great i cant make words to explain what he was like im just so glad i got to see him :P

i kept getting bags to the head when up to the front , it was unreal and what do girls carry in there bags , , , bricks???????

the amount of d*ckheads at this gig was unreal!!! so many people had attitude problems !!!! you wouldnt even see this in a knacker club in town !! when i moved back i met up with the group of lads i suppose to be going with in the first place , they were at the vey back on toms side and where having a laugh , so we started messing around and had pit and few shoves , if we bumped into anyone we would say so sorry are you ok every single, one of the lads slipped and fell on the floor into a bird and he was on all fours trying to get up and the birds fella just booted him full force in the face while he was still on all fours and thats when he got a few fcuking digs and then the rest of the lads heard about it and they went to try to get him ,i felt sorry for the lad getting the digs , it was unreal but he fcukin shure deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did anyone one see this ??

and that guy pushing everyone in the crowd that had a gushing nose , think my brother did that :P hahaha

my high lights of the night where violence ,stockholm syndrome, josie ,carousel and travis's drum solo !!!! it was just a great night but i wished i enjoyed it more rather than wlaking around trying to find my mates

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

was a great gig, i was the guy in the white morphsuit with my green and orange friends hope you's didnt mind us dressing like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

There is no way in hell you were at the front of the line if you got there at 11. I got there at half and was about a hundred people back. Plus, one of my friends was working on the building site beside the o2 and got to work at 7.30, and said people had obviously been queuing overnight and had sleeping bags with them. Well, you could have gotten to the front of the line I suppose if you were one of the people who barrier hopped/skipped the queue/started the running and shoving :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

A V A wrote: »
    i dont know where to start :S:S:S i was just amazed at how god they where

mark is just the nicest person you will ever meat , i arrived in the line at about 11, (i woke late :P) and he came out around three and handed out stickers to everyone in the line that he could , and there were loads of people in the line , he took his time to shake my hand and all i could say was ," oh my fcuking god its mark hoppus , his teethe are so white"????? and then he laughed haha, that was the best moment of my life :)

anyway i was i the line and the amount of stupide emo's and little ones really fcuking annoyed me, and what is with bags???? that really pissed me off,some were a bit drunk which annoyed me . i was at the front of que and what really really pissed me off was people jumpin the barrier and into the very front of the line , i got 4 or 5 thrown out and pushed 2 off the barrier as they tried to get in

i was dressed in normal cloths, a nice pair of jeans , shoes famous shirt and hoodie, i wasnt trying to be a scene kid or look like a punk like people on here mentioned 3 threads back :P
    i made it to the front and was on front of mark for the first 6 or 7 songs but then i had to get out i just couldnt take the heat any more and the amount of people on top of me was unreal,im a small lad as it is so i was dying and my god mark was on his game and so great on bass , and his moves were excellent aswell hahaha tom looked like he was enjoying himself , his little dances accross stage were funny and great , he was ****ing great on guitar and vocals where so much better !! the jokes were funny to but i thought there would be more :P and travis was just great i cant make words to explain what he was like im just so glad i got to see him :P

i kept getting bags to the head when up to the front , it was unreal and what do girls carry in there bags , , , bricks???????

the amount of d*ckheads at this gig was unreal!!! so many people had attitude problems !!!! you wouldnt even see this in a knacker club in town !! when i moved back i met up with the group of lads i suppose to be going with in the first place , they were at the vey back on toms side and where having a laugh , so we started messing around and had pit and few shoves , if we bumped into anyone we would say so sorry are you ok every single, one of the lads slipped and fell on the floor into a bird and he was on all fours trying to get up and the birds fella just booted him full force in the face while he was still on all fours and thats when he got a few fcuking digs and then the rest of the lads heard about it and they went to try to get him ,i felt sorry for the lad getting the digs , it was unreal but he fcukin shure deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did anyone one see this ??

and that guy pushing everyone in the crowd that had a gushing nose , think my brother did that :P hahaha

my high lights of the night where violence ,stockholm syndrome, josie ,carousel and travis's drum solo !!!! it was just a great night but i wished i enjoyed it more rather than wlaking around trying to find my mates

I know what you mean, mate. I spent the time between Feeling This and Always trying to find my friends, too. Was lucky I did tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

What an amazing performance, waaaay better than I even expected it to be. Shame I had to watch it from the back as I lost my shoes in the "pit" (they should definitely have had a proper one) and there did seem to be a lot of pr*cks in the crowd, one guy even pulled my hair to get me out of the way so he could elbow on ahead :eek: (you wouldn't get that at a Metallica gig I tell you!!:D), but it was still fantastic. Guess that's the last real hurrah and goodbye to the teenage years.....in style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I don't get why people bother looking for their mates at a gig. Once they're gone they're gone. I was with one friend and we got seperated, over the next 2 songs I kept an eye out but eventually just said f**k it just concentrated on the pur Blinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

damselnat wrote: »
    . Guess that's the last real hurrah and goodbye to the teenage years.....in style

Best thing is, as we've grown up, so has blink.
    So there songs about being 23, in love, facing lifes real difficulties (not just masturbating and getting drunk and dumped). So yes, that was for me too a joyus celebration of teenage life, it was also one of "here's to growing up and listening to more meaningful songs from the band who I grew up listening to making dick jokes!"
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Zwillinge wrote: »
    "Hello thar, angel from the dorkness"
    :confused::confused::confused:

go to 2:42 , i pissed my self laughing when tom said this ahahahaha real funny

So, anyone else already counting down the days until they come back?

• Advertisement

i read some where i think it was interview that mark said the band had a meating already discussing a arena tour if he uk and ireland for next summer, but added it might a 4 show in uk and then ireland , i say they have a few idea's already for the new album, they are writing on the road and mark has already said they 2 new songs that they have written on the road and have guide lines of others songs aswell

i will be going to the next date regardless if the album isnt good ,

i think i might sit for the next one , the queing was a pain in the arse and full of muppets ,im not quing early in the morning for a few little scrouts to skip !!! and its horible with out a pit in the o2 !!!!

forgot to mention all the pricks that were laughing at us when they skipped the que and jumped the barreir , me and other gave them a box haha and iseen one been tripped up running to the stage hahaha

My mate lined up from 9am for the fecking thing, I feel bad for him but I must admit at the time I laughed at the fact I strolled in at 6.10 only to get in about 30 seconds after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

That was excellent, punk-pop brilliance song after song. Much better than I recall the 2005 gig. Can't remember if there was much on-stage banter then, so it was good to see them on form last night.

I'm glad now that I didn't queue up early. Extremely surprised that they didn't have a pit considering the amount of people who queued in advance. Worked in my favour though **** one for those who had been outside The O2 since the early hours of the day.

Opening with Dumpweed and the drum solo were my highlights. When Travis' riser spun upside down. Wow, awesome.

Age ranges seemed to mostly be in the 15-25 bracket. Youngest crowd I've seen at a gig with in a while. I'm 23 and I felt old.

i gave my pass to two girls that were beside us from early in the morning!they got out of the line , it hink one had the time of the month :P but she wasnt well and went to go toilet and that fcuking naker of a security guard wouldnt let them back in and made one cry , so i just you know have them !!

i felt a bit old even tho im nearly 20 :S:S

Also guys, when was the last Dublin Blink gig. I thought it was 2005 but some sites online are saying it was 2004?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Why would you give away passes :eek: i was offered like 50euro for mine, crazy.

because these were in the line for a while and you could tell they really liked blink (like me) and they wernt the big cleche blink fan so i just thought it would be nice , it made me feel good dude . i believe in karma, do good to others and others will do good to you . and sure they were nice birds aswell you know sure if if i was guna miss my favorite band i would be devastated!!!

Wow, I was 17 then. :pac:

Funny how you believe in karma but where punching people in the crowd;)

ye i know and that will come back to me !! edit: i wasnt punching for no reason or statring like most muppets in the crowd

the crowd last night was rreally bad

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

see the topless girl in the video above? we were standing on her left side, right beside her and we got it at about 8:30pm. we got even closer to the barrier during the encore.

• Advertisement

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    see the topless girl in the video above? we were standing on her left side, right beside her and we got it at about 8:30pm. we got even closer to the barrier during the encore.

how can you take much intensity ????? i could breather up the front it was unreal!!!!!

I was 15! Its mad to think its been almost 6 years since that gig.

Yeah, I found the thread re: that gig for memories: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=189297&highlight=blink.

Didn't remember Death Cab for Cutie were lined up as support for that show!

Oh yeah, speaking of support acts, wtf was Twin Atlantic? The songs were boring and there was nothing about them that made them stand out. Like a louder Snow Patrol with even worse music.

attachment.php?attachmentid=9242&d=1103672747attachment.php?attachmentid=9246&d=1103672927

god look at mark there , such a big difference to what they look like now haha

hey dont look the happiest in those photos :P

the second is a mad one

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

have a video of travis drum solo to put up aswell. and a few vids of the stage. wicked gig. pity about some of the crowd though.

You can almost see a vein pop out of Tom's neck in that second pic. It looks as if he just lobbed his mic stand at Mark's face.

You can almost see a vein pop out of Tom's neck in that second pic. It looks as if he just lobbed his mic stand at Mark's face.

i was told the mood wasnt good and that a few digs were thrown at each other

can't remember any digs being said but the onstage banter certainly wasn't as good as it was last night, and you could tell there was tension in the band.

ye even in the videos you can notice it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

travis barkers drum solo. does anybody know the backin track to this or any of the hip/hop stuff that was played last night. it was catchy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Great gig I gotta admit but nothing amazing.Had fun though and its another band I didnt get to see as a teenager stricken off....actually I think thats all of them now.Woo!

Advertisement